Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Military

Can i join the army while on medication?
Find answers to your legal question.

Can i join the army while on medication?

i'm on 120 mg a day of Fluoxetine which is an anti-depressant Rx drug that i am using to treat ocd anxiety dissorder. when i am off medication i can still function, i just worry about things a lot. i have been off the medication before and i was fine for a few months, but after a while i decided i needed it again. i really want to join the army but i'm wondering will this affect it?

also, if it does affect my joining, i can get off my meds, but will they still want a guy who worries?

Mr Puma
You are automatically Disqualified.

Military Medical Standards for Enlistment & Commission
Neurotic, anxiety, mood, somatoform, dissociative, or factitious disorders
The causes for rejection for appointment, enlistment, and induction (without an approved waiver) are an authenticated history of:
a. Admission to a hospital or residential facility.

b. Care by a physician or other mental health professional for more than 6 months.

c. Symptoms or behavior of a repeated nature that impaired social, school, or work efficiency.

Lying to Get Into the Military is a Felony
Let's get straight to the point. Knowingly giving false information or withholding required information on any recruiting form is a criminal offense (When the information would have made an individual ineligible to enlist, or would have required a waiver to enlist). It's not a misdemenor, it's not the same as getting a speeding ticket. It's a felony offense, punishable by a $10,000 fine and three years in prison. If you lie to get into the military, you are committing a felony. It's that simple. If you get away with it long enough to actually enlist, and are caught later, it's also a "military offense." You can be prosecuted for a violation of Article 83 of the Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ), which states:

"Any person who--

(1) procures his own enlistment or appointment in the armed forces by knowingly false representation or deliberate concealment as to his qualifications for that enlistment or appointment and receives pay or allowances thereunder; or

(2) procures his own separation from the armed forces by knowingly false representation or deliberate concealment as to his eligibility for that separation; shall be punished as a court-martial may direct."

Mrsjvb
currently on those types of meds is a PDQ. you must be OFF the meds and function NORMALLY for at least 12 months before a waiver will be considered.

once you cannot easily get back on them after enlisting, specially with a history.. they will most likely discharge you if you cannot function without them.

Mr_Cranky
Rating
It wont happen if your on antidepressants. Sorry.

Antoine B
Rating
depending on what your taking and why your taking it !!! once you get to MEPS the Doctors thier will asses you and look at your medical records. Make sure you tell the recruiter what kind of medication your on

Good Luck

BC outside
i wouldnt join the army at all, your crazy

matt
no

alergic3
Rating
Almost everyone who joins is high on something...

Brig
Rating
Well I thought about the army, dad said, "Son you must be high!" Then I thought, "well there's a first for everything." So I took my old man's advice at least that semester, it was only 15grand and I thought about the army but I dropped out and joined a band instead...

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

How did the american seaman manage to beat off pirates?

Why shoould we not use nuclear bombs?
i need help gathering reasons why not to use them.

if you ahve some for why we use them that would be great too!...

Avoiding being shipped overseas for now?
I live in PA and I read somewhere that all the Marine Reserve Units in PA will be shipping overseas soon and that they won't be shipping again for at least five years. Could someone tell me if ...

Im in the Army National Guard . I joined in june of 2008 and just finished my Training about 3 weeks ago.?
I really want to go Active ARMY but dont want to lose my bonus or actualy have to pay it back i guess bc i Just got it about a week ago ! Is there a way to go active army without having to pay this ...

Beside BlackWater what are some private military companies in the world ?
Blackwater is only one I have heard, I am sure there are other ones out there, could someone enlighten me ?
Additional Details
for coolitemseller: Im looking at the structure of the ...

U.S. Army intelligence analyst bonus question?
Does anyone happen to know what the average enlistment bonus is for an intelligence analyst in the army if there even is one?
Additional Details
wow i thought it was gonna be like 10,000 ...

E-6 Husband going to DRB?
Ok so i dont need any mean remarks, my husband has been an OUTSTANDING sailor, he made an honest mistake....he is going to DRB this afternoon for gun decking, he has never been to DRB, CO Mast or ...

Where's the left-wing terrorist list?
Oh yeah, she runs homeland security....

British army boots how long do they last plus?
can u buy ur own and change them if u dont like them and do u have to pay for new pair if u wear out?...

Is there any navy combat position?
beside navy ...

I need serious help! enlisted military people ONLY. i guess...?
what if you're in the Air Force [both enlisted] but your husband is in the Navy? How does this work? Do you get to get stationed around your spouse? Please shed some light on this for me. THANK Y...

Im in the army and i wanted to know if i can re-enlist to the marines?
i have a contract with the army for 3yrs but after that can i re-enlist to the marine corps?...

Navy SEALs-Divorce and Girlfriends?
Lets say I go to Annapolis come out as an officer and become a SEAL, if I have a girlfriend that I love a lot or a wife, what are my odds of losing them?...

Where all Waffen SS soldiers charged with war crimes?
My knowledge on this specific subject is very little. That is why I am asking this question }:-) but I'm guessing that is was because of their strong involvement in the concentration camps but ...

What do you think about Korea rocket launch Test?

Failing Navy Seals BUD/S training?
Okay, I'm considering the Navy Seals, and if I was to join I wouldn't plan on failing. However, I love to plan ahead. So if one was to fail BUD/S training due to injury or not meeting the ...

Question for u.s. military?
would you if ordered, fire apon american citizens who were resisting mass gun confiscation?...

High ASVAB score seeking advice?
I'm looking for some advice on what jobs to pursue in the Air Force. I scored a 99QT (99M, 99A, 98G, 98E) and am currently DEP for Cryptologic Linguist. I know that there's basic and then ...

I am a student of 10+2(passed) and i want to join indian air force or indian army any one.?
Please suggest me how to join it....

I got booted from the Army and now they're trying to scare me back in!?
I am unfit for military service and now they say join the reserves and you won't be deployed or get deployed!!! I've been out for a year! They kicked me out! are they lying to me?...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Saturday, December 20, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links