Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Military

Can someone still get out of the Army during or after AIT, or are they already IN and HAVE to serve?
Find answers to your legal question.

Can someone still get out of the Army during or after AIT, or are they already IN and HAVE to serve?

Additional Details
One person said it was possible during Basic Training and during AIT, everyone else said it was very hard to get out. Is there a point during AIT that you take an oath, and after that you are in?

Chesh
Actually during AIT I've seen it done. Getting chapter through a Unable to Adapt or some such. However afterward your looking at something that isn't worth the hassle.

Armywife123
Rating
yes you can get out during AIT ( and Basic ) infact it is easier to get out DURING your AIT and BCT than after.

Madison
You have to serve. You have no choice or you could be arrested since it's illegal in the U.S. The only way you can get out if through a medical leave or if you have some sort of mental illness.

Chris
Rating
A couple ways, one would out would be to either become a disciplinary problem and get kicked out. Which will end any chance of a government job or a job that requires background checks.

The other is to get fat and get kicked out for being overweight. It takes a long time and you have to be ready to do a lot of additional forced PT.

The best way is to serve out your contract and leave honorable.

Navy Sailor - GAI
Rating
You are and adult now. You took and oath and YES you ARE in and YES you are STAYING in.

ihaveyouranswer
Rating
They have to serve once being sworn in which comes before AIT- they can get out after the time they signed up for though- which was probably 5 years.

Gray
There are ways out, but any would stick with you for life. The only safe way out is to serve the time.

Mrsjvb
it is EXTREMELY difficult to get out once you step foot at Basic training the first day. once they have started spending money and time on you at AIT, it is even harder.

you signed a contract, you owe them the minimum commitment.

regerugged
Rating
You are in and have to serve, unless you have a valid reason for getting out, such as physical or mental illness.

cookie
Rating
yes,you can have back problems or knee or any unprovable phy. disorders. back works really well. i spent many years in the millitay and i understand how things are.

PoPtArT
Yup your in, you have right up to the part when you get sworn it, after that you are government property.

God Bless Our GI's

Love Ya
PoPtArT

tugar357
Rating
After the soldier in question is sworn in, they are pretty much in. It's an 8 year contract, whatever time active with the remainder inactive. The only other ways out I know are medical and Leavenworth( jail).

Bill
Rating
You're in from the moment you enter active duty.

robert43041
Rating
Once you sign on that bottom line you're for the duration you signed for. There's no other way out unless you get a medical discharge or some such.

Destrier
Rating
Mean what you say, say what you mean.

Responsibility for ones own actions.

Thank you for your service to the nation you will not regret it.

shallytally
Nope you are in

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Are we winning this war on terror?
With the NATO commander saying that the local Afghan population will soon be siding with the Taliban and our troops risking their lives with limited equipment and now several hundred troops/police ...

What happens if i dont show up for my ship date at meps?

So, Bush wants to lose ANOTHER war?!?
Read this;
http://news.yahoo.com/fc This idiot is actually threatening Iran now...
Honestly, how stupid is this guy? The ONLY reason I can see him wanting to stay in Iraq ...

Do you support the troops?
I wanted to see how many good people there are and just to let you know I support the troops 110%....

I need 3 quick, but good arguements on why we should pull u.s. troops out of iraq within the next year.?

How come so many Republicans are jumping ship and saying the Iraq war must stop soon?
Six years ago everyone (Republicans) were yelling "Bring it On". Now the same people are saying "Bring them Home". Why the change?...

You Have been drafted to serve in the military and are slated to be sent into war zone where you believe....?
You Have been drafted to serve in the military and are slated to be sent into war zone where you believe your country is pursuing an immoral policy. What should you do?...

Top military movies of all time??
Wether they are about war, training, or domestic issues involving military....

If todays Dems were in charge in 1942?
would they have set a timetable to give up the fight then also?...

Does it seems like Democrats celebrate failure in Iraq and US military death?
Seems like they pray for bad news because they are salivating for votes. Is it cynical to root against the troops and piss on their graves by belittling their service and sacrifice....

What if Clinton Started the Iraq War?

What country has the world's strongest military?

The marine corps just called?
the guy wants to talk with me at the place about what they can offer me, but i have no desire to join in anyway at all, should i just go to find out? Or just not bother?...

Suicide bombing unethical?
Not when it kills civilians, obviously. But is using this against an opposing army against the "rules of war"? It seems to me that against a force with superior technology and weaponry, it&#...

Who would win a war between Russia and NATO?

Additional Details
P.W. war is war mate, it`s not like a round of command & conquer and you can say "oh, no nukes"....

How is it that soldiers dying in Iraq equates to defending my freedom?
I am sick and tired of hearing this.

After 9/11, we have actually lost freedoms. The patriot act allows the government to keep taps on anybody and everybody unchecked. There are tons of ...

I am a drop out with no GED and soon, nowhere to go, will the military take me?
Hey, I'm a droupout with no GED and soon, nowhere to go, will the military take me?...

Is a corndog an effective thrown weapon?
The heat and the spicy mustard could really sting if you hit someone's eye.
Additional Details
(((kychick)))...

What's the coolest ex-Military Truck to Own?
There are so many to choose from, from all those WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam, and even some modern ones that are retiring now. If you were going to get one of these trucks, jeeps or hummers, what would ...

Who thinks the british and us armys should pull out of iraq and just let them fight to the death not our prob

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Thursday, November 27, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links