Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Military

Can you join the army if your 18 but still in high school?
Find answers to your legal question.

Can you join the army if your 18 but still in high school?

Lukeizzle
Yes and with parents permission 17

Sly Snake
Rating
Yes,I joined when I was 17.

matedown
Yes you can its a program they have you do.

HippityHoppity
Rating
You can join when you're 17 and still in school. they dont care, they'll take anyone...

Tsunami
sure you can.

Matthew D
Yes You will be placed in DEP until you graduate.

Jesse W
ya but it's not a very smart choice you will be in iraq right after graduation

frankinthumb.jr.
Rating
I dont think you can because i think they make you finish school and then you can oin.

Kelz -x
yes. www.jointhearmy.com

Jamie J
Rating
Yes you can. Actually there are a lot of Juniors who go through their basic training during their summer vacation and then continue their Advanced Individual Training (AIT) after they graduate. It's called "split option", you can ask your recruiter to give you more information but it's certainly possible and probably easier for you because you are legal and don't need your parent's signature.

JettFeh
Rating
I had several friends join at 17 during the summer between junior and senior year. They took Basic training during the summer and then after graduation they went full time soldier.

BB
ya

Tina
Rating
Yes

hello
Rating
yup

Sailor
Yes, you can. It's called the Delayed Enlistment Program and you can go in after you have graduated. And the great thing is that you'll be defending Beamer's right to write her BS.

jr_2281
yes you can do basic in the summer. Delayed entry program

Blake L
yes as long as your 18 your good to go

Jenna's Mommy
yea you'll just be in DEPs till you leave for boot camp

xtcfuntimes
You can join the National Guard or the Reserves when you're 17 or if you're in your junior year of high school. You will go to basic training during the summer between junior and senior year, then go for your job training and be done during the summer after you graduate. I don't think you can join active duty army this way. You can sign up and swear in while you're still in high school, but its all conditional and you won't be fully in or go to basic training until after you graduate. You have to have either a degree or a GED to get fully into the Army, whether its active duty, guard, or reserve.

Spider from Mars
Get them to sponsor you to go to university. Not only will you get a free degree, you'll also get to join as an officer when you graduate.

Alex :)
yup

frozenpandaman
Yes. But don't join!

Deep
they will call you around the time of graduation.

apples
It's called the Reserves.

Anzy
In England you can apply when 15 7months and join after the 14 week training by 16years

32 years is the oldest you can apply for the force

in America yes when your 18 you can apply

volcom7667
u can but they rather take u in as a high school graduate

ani
It's best you graduate first to have an education to fall back on, but if you must, there is a program that trains you for the army until you're 18. I personally don't believe in the war, so I would tell you not to. It is still your choice, just think about it first.

Lila
Rating
Yes if this is what you want to do. But why would you do this now of all times, there is a war going on people are being killed you don't want to be one of them.

Katie
Rating
You can As Soon as you graduate

strikeapose
u can but it would be in ur best interest to wait untill u graduate b/c u will get money 4 college if u need it or plan to go to college

Chandddller ♥
Rating
Yeah Babe! Best of luck :]

Love, Chandler, a future Soldier :]

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Should women be able to go into combat?
my uncle seems to think women should not be able to go into combat cause theyll get raped and just get in the way he thinks a womens place is in the kitchen cooking cleaning all the stuff that "...

What would you do if a foreign army invaded Britain?

Why do military wives have southern accents?

Why do many people continue to blame the Bush Administration for the war?
There is this false argument out there that I here often by Know-it-all liberals that "We support the troops but not the government or war in Iraq" this is by far the most unrealistic ...

What will cause world war three and who will win?

Why do people blame Germany for ww2 when the Polish started it?
Poland invited Germany over for a party then Poland attacked Germany the evil polish where allmost to much for the poor little ol german military but the germans fought bravley to defend them selfs ...

Ok do you believe ther were weapons of mass destrution In Iraq?
after all there were biologicals used on the Iraqi's during Saddams regime and during the Iran/Iraq war(answer with out a slam to either party please)...

Yes or no?
with the british army retreating from the basra palace - in terms of victory - does it look good or bad for the army?...

What exactly is US doing in Iraq??
What are GIs doing? now they kill kurd allies. they killed british. they torture prisoners. not discriminating civilians and militants. In fact they can't stop the terrorists. can't stop ...

Do you support our troops?
They put their lives on the line for our country everyday. They deserve your thanks and prayers. God Bless our troops for America's defense....

Did Bush lie about 911?
Enron, WMD in Iraq, Bin laden and Saddam Hussein, no knowledge of 911, missiles to Israel, selling poisonous gas to Saddam.
Additional Details
Bush did not lie about 911 it looks like a ...

If your man is in the marines and you're 3 months pregnant Will they kick him out?
He is in boot camp and they heard that he'll get kicked out for it.
Additional Details
They say cause not married... ??? So I dont know... Stupid rumors!!...

Why do Vietnam Vets say they were "Spit" upon? This never happened.?
They were treated with no respect by the American people but were never spit upon.
Additional Details
No one spit on me when I came back from over seas....

The UK has more backbone than America will ever have, we beat the Spanish invasion attempt, America hasn't

Should George Bushes twin daughters go to war?
If George Bush believes in this war so much why doesn't he send his OWN children to fight?
Additional Details
Delilah86, if he wants to convince the American people to support this ...

If America fought a war with China now who would win?

Who won the battle of britan?

I have a question for americans!!!??? answer pleez if ur patriotic?
do u think america should go 2 war with canada becuz canada is poaching american silverfish???
Additional Details
wow people dont know their facts.... a silverfish is an insect, not a ...

Army or Marines?
Which one would you choose? Are you male or female?...

What would you do if the u.s. came under attack from Russia?
you had two ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Thursday, July 24, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links