Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Military

Can you join the military if you did not graduate from high school?
Find answers to your legal question.

Can you join the military if you did not graduate from high school?

Hunter C.
Rating
You must at least have a GED.

D.O...
Rating
Yes you can aslong as you have a GED. If you don't, then you can't no matter what.

NAZGUL
If you can finish school if not the recruiter will help you get a GED

joseph s
Rating
Yes but you would be required to get a GED.
When I was in they would let you get your GED while in the military.

Perro
Not yet.

neeno
Rating
A GED is the minimun requirement.
Military recruits are more educated than the rest of the civilian population of the same age demographic.

stonewme
Rating
yes you can as long as you have a GED

No, you have to have a high school diploma, or GED.

tru212reno
only if ya get your ged for the army

atlantismeditation@sbcglobal.net
if you got your ged then you can .just tell them that you got a ged.

suro25
you would need a GED before you could join

Elizabeth H
No. The standards for joining the military require that you have a high school diploma or a GED. Many of the branches of our armed forces have been pushing for higher standards, which could soon require a high school diploma. Making it nearly inpossible for those with a GED to inlist. Though with the proper work and motivation waivers can be granted.

Bradford S
The long and short of it is to talk to a recruiter. I know that the Army is constantly changing its standards to meet recruiting goals. You will still be required to pass the ASVAB, regardless if you have a GED, HS diploma, or a college degree. If I am correct, most of the services now offer the chance to complete your education and earn a GED while attending your Basic training phase. Take the time to talk to a recruiter. Just remember to look at everything that you will be getting yourself into and good luck.

Roadrunner58-79
Rating
N O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jessica
Rating
in short, yes

moon_flower_unicorn_power
Rating
army or marines

cantcu
Rating
Yes. It was a requirement until Iraq and the body bags started piling up!

Prototype918
Okay. I just checked with all recruiters. Air Force said hell no. Marines said maybe. Army said maybe. Navy said hell no... The only way to for sure get in is if you get your GED and then get some college hours. I think its like 15 hours

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Was the Korean War right or wrong?
Was the US right or wrong to take part in this war?...

Why did Britain get involved in WWII?

Which military branch would you choose, Navy or Coast Guard?
These are the only two I see that are cool, in my opinion.

Navy - subs, aircraft, boats and that sweet technology!
Coast Guard - save lives, drug traffic control, and immigration.

Active Army officer married to enlisted Air Force reserves? is it legal?
Please tell me if it is ok!! i am getting married in feb, i am Enlisted active Reserves Air Force and he is Active duty Army officer.....
Additional Details
i am not ACTIVE DUTY i am A...

Are all military servicemembers who fight in war heroes?
When we think of a war hero, we usually think of someone who actively risks his or her life - putting themselves into apparent danger (and even dying) to save the lives of those around them.

Can they arrest this former soldier?
Federal prosecutors charged a veteran of the Iraq war with murder and rape Monday in connection with the killing of an Iraqi woman and 4 members of her family.

Steven D. Green, a 2...

Why does Bush want to send Solder in Iraq But not in Afghanistan?
I mean when was the last time we hard anything about what's going on in Afghanistan. He want to send Solder to
Additional Details
I MEAN WHY THERE IS MORE POLICE OFFICERS IN MANHATIN...

I would like to know if there is anything I can do to help and show support to U.S. troops?
Anything I can do such as be a pen pal, send a care package or necessities..anything that anyone knows of?...

Is it possible to be awarded a Military award twice? For example the Military cross?

What is you opinion about military?
If there was a draft(must go to the Military) wich branch would you choose?...

What does 17:50:33 -0800 mean?
I get emails from my Navy boy and the time sent always says something like 17:50:33 -0800.

I know that 17:50:33 means it is 5:50pm + 33 seconds. but I don't get what the -0800 part ...

Who attacked us on 9/11?
I have been told I have been misinformed, however those who are responsible for informing us seem to change the story on a daily basis.

I remember being told Osoma attacked us on 9/11, ...

Military??
Would you join the Prussian Army and serve Prussia with King Fernidad Frederick of Prussia?...

Military base commissaries??
the baggers at the comm here work for tips. what is the proper way to tip them and do you have to tip them if your bill is only like 5 bucks because you ran in for 2 or 3 things and if you do have ...

What happens if you become injured during Army basic training?

I just found out my recruit cheated on me. He's at bootcamp. What to do?
I am currently expecting a child with my fiancee of almost 4 years. He left for bootcamp at the end of january and will be back at the end of April. We are supposed to be getting married on his ten ...

If a man in the military is married to a married woman and she's filed against the ex can they get in trouble?
I'm asking mainly if a woman commits polygamy to a man in the military, and has filed divorce against her 1st husband while married to the military man, can the recent couple get in trouble even ...

POLL for Germans only: Above or Below ground atomic detonation?
Which one can I count on to completely destroy the cave of an evil little Suffolkian bear?...

Are the people in the armed forces dieing for their country, or the people running the country?
We need to think about this.
Additional Details
Oh I'm sure it's deeper than just the President. Someone has to reap the effects of trial and error, mistakes, and people who ...

Military & spouses?
Please answer honestly. Have you or your spouse ever cheated on each other during a deployment?
I heard the divorce rate is at an all time high for military & the frequent deployments have a ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Thursday, October 30, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links