Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Military

Divorce coming...what is my wife entitled to?
Find answers to your legal question.

Divorce coming...what is my wife entitled to?

Im in the Army (E-3) and my wife left me about 2 days ago. Weve only been married for about 8 months and shes spent about half of her time time here with me, since Ive been stationed here, and the rest back home. This isnt the first time she's done this...but Im gonna make it the last.

My question is...Is she entitled to any of my money or BAH?? She never worked while she was here and I fully supported her and her son. Ive been told she could get some BAH, but after only 8 months thats ridiculous.

Also, I have a child back home and was receiving BAH-DIFF before I got married, and I have joint custody of her ( Suppose to get her every-other weekend and I have equal rights as her mother ). All my furniture is out here. Will I still be able to live off-post and receive BAH??

jeeper_peeper321
Rating
1, you have to continue to provide support for your wife, until you are divorced.

But if she moved out, its not like you have to rent her a place to live. But she is still entitled to support.

After the divorce, she is only entitled to whatever the courts give her, if she sues for alimony.

With no children, that means nothing.

2. It will be up to your command, whether you will be allowed to continue collecting BAH after the divorce.

Since the mother of your child has custody of the child, you do not rate BAH.

But in reality, once your off post, they rarely take the BAH away.

But just remember, they CAN !!!!

After the divorce, when you take your wife off your records, that's when you will find out what your command will do.

If you PCS, most likely you will lose the BAH, and just collect BAH-DIFF

The military doesn't recognize joint custody, What they look at at, is who has custody of the child 60% of the time.

Thats why you were only getting BAH-Diff before.

fingers
Rating
This makes me think that I am glad I am out and not dealing with this kind of stuff anymore. But, here goes. She will be entitled to half of your BAH until your divorce is final. Your command will be able to order you to pay that to her. As far as the other child, if you have joint custody you can stay off of post. After all, you can't have the child with you in the barracks on your weekends, can you?

Unforgiven
Rating
what my hubby pays his kids was child support and he still provided hsi children with an ID card and kept them on his DEERS form so they could get medical and dental on his DEERS thru tricare. If she asks for spousal support will it has to be in the divorce degree and so does the child support an dthe order and the medical and dental. She no longer lives with you and you don't have a child an dyou are in th ebarracks then you don;t get BAH, no one is entitled to BAH, unless it is for a another child from a previsou marriage.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

What can I do to repair my relationship with my younger brother?
I feel so guilty & remorseful about this.

My brother is 25 has been in the Army (Australian) for 5 years. I'm 10 years older than him & he was only 11 when our mother died, ...

IF I HAVE ASTMA BUT KNOW HOW TO CONTROL IT CAN I BE A MARINE SNIPER THAT IS MY DREAM IN LIFE TO BE A SNIPER?
and can't run real fast but pretty ...

What branch of military should i join?
i need help deciding what ...

In WWII what was the basic weapon of the American G.I.?
What was the caliper round it fired, how many round did it hold,and how did enemy know when he was empty?...

Whats the National Guard Like?
anyone have any experiences. things to look forward to? benefits? basically im looking for hte good th bad and the ugly bc i know each branch has there "ishhh" about them.

i ask ...

Would it be better to do a 4 or 6 year enlistment contract?
Im in the DEP...i chose 6 at meps, but im thinking i want to do 4 now cause i may not like the job i get. Can i still change it?
Additional Details
I dont have my job yet...or ship date....

World war 3...........................
do we need another world war to sort the planet ...

Starship troopers design question ???
Hi has anyone got a link for the starship troopers dropship
When i say dropship i mean the one used in the klendathu drop and the one the mobile infantry use to ride into glorious ...

What's the difference between Force Recon and a Recon Battalion?
I was just wondering what the difference is after watching Generation Kill?
Do both recieve specialized training?...

I need someone in uk army to help endoss my aplication form?

NAZI Soldiers should also be blamed?
Well I had a debate with a friend last night about whether the soldiers were also responsible for the acts during during the 1930's and 40's. We came to the conclusion that the soldiers ...

What do you consider to be the most important technological advance of WW2, in military terms?

How can magnum bullets be 50 cal?
you see snipers and mini guns you tube that huge bullets and they say there 50 cal and then see people with a magnum or a dessert eagle and they say there 50 cal but there really small compared to ...

Are You Allowed To Use The Bathroom In Basic Training? Middle of the Night?
Of course your allowed to, but do you have to ask or something? Or do you just get up as you please and go? I feel completely retarded asking this lol....

What happens after basic?? (Australian army?
im leaving pretty soon and joining as a rifleman i was just wondering what happens after basic i know you do another training thing but whats it like???

Army basic traning question!!?
I joined the army national guard about 8 months ago as an e-3. I finally get to leave for basic. I was so wondering how much will I earn through basic traning and AIT school??? My los is a medic 66 ...

Military Money talk!!!!!?
hi i am train to figure out how much money ill have aftet AF bmt and tech school assuming bmt is 8 1/2 weeks and my tech school its about 6 weeks and ill do the recruiters assistant program 2 weeks ...

How much $$$ will I earn in basic?
Hey so I leave for the army, next month and I was wondering how much I can expect to have at the end of those ten weeks. Don't include tech school just basic alone. I won't have to go to AIT...

Army National Guard 25b?
hey sup guys, just wondering since im shipping off soon to bct, and looking forward to deploying to the middle east or any other place overseas, what did you guys do out there as a 25 bravo? and yes ...

My husband wants to get Security Forces in the Air Force?
...but his vision isn't so good. He was disqualified from Air Traffic Control because of his vision. Does this mean he will be disqualified from Security Forces too? Is there a way to see if the ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Monday, September 1, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links