Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Military

Do members of the Armed Forces have to pay taxes?
Find answers to your legal question.

Do members of the Armed Forces have to pay taxes?

How much will they deduct from your check? Give me an example please thank you.

Jake
Military pays taxes, Basic Pay IS taxable (unless you are actively serving in a designated tax-free combat zone). You'll pay Federal Income Tax, Social Security, Medicare, and State Taxes on your basic pay. Some states do not tax military pay, while a few others won't tax it unless you are stationed within the state. The state in which you list with military finance as your "official residence" will determine the state tax rules you fall under.

blckgtp97
Rating
Yes they do. Everyone has to pay taxes unless they are in a war zone. If your sent to a war zone you will not pay taxes. The amount they take out of your check is the normal amount they take out of your current check. Depends where you live.

dan
you do pay taxes unless you are in a combat zone. taxes are just the same as they are in the civilian world and based off of the money you make. federal tax will most likely be 15% and your state tax depends on what state you are from. there are several states that dont make their military members pay taxes if they are living out of state.

Mrsjvb
Rating
federal income taxes, styate income taxes if applicable, social security/medicare all come out unless deployed to a combat zone.. then you just pay FICA.

colby
Rating
You pay your home of record taxes..... except when you are deployed.

Evan
They dont pay taxes.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Question about recruiters?
I am planning on joining the USAF, but I want to be able to have control over my recruiter when I go to talk to him. I want to become a police officer on an air base, but I have a feeling they will ...

Does the US Army currently have a quick ship bonus?
As of May 2010? I have only seen answers and articles regarding 2008 at the latest and have not had an opportunity to talk with a recruiter yet.

T...

What's an alternative to "Don't ask, Don't tell?"?
Given the current state of our society, do you think there would be a better way?
Additional Details
I'm not religious at all, this has nothing to do with ...

Question for Marine Recruiters..?
If I want Military Police in the marines how do I get job guarantee? Is there a certain score I need to have to be guaranteed the job I want? Can it be written in the contract somewhere that I WILL ...

What factors do I consider when choosing a military branch?
I'm deciding between Air Force enlistment and Army OCS. The factors I'm weighing are:

1) Familial opportunities - I have heard USAF takes better care of the family unit, but is ...

Are there jobs for teenagers on Air Force Bases?
I'm looking for a job, My fathers a Chief for the Air Force, and we may be moving on base soon.
It'll be on Bowling or Andrews air force base, do these places have jobs for teenagers ...

army basic training are you aloud a hair dryer?
i rli need my straightners aswell hairs horible without them :(. will i be aloud to take these? thnaks ...

Was Eisenhower right when speaking of the "Military Industrial Complex"?
http://www.h-net.org/~hs...

When the term "military budget" is used, do you think only of the soldiers, or do you also consider?
the multibillion dollar defense contractors such as Halliburton, Blackwater, KBR et al, the Pentagon (research and development) are also part of this discussion?...

Housing for non-married couples (USAF)?
I graduate/commission next Spring. I want my girlfriend to come with me, but I don't want to rush into a marriage simply for convenience reasons (I'd rather make sure we can adjust to the ...

Why do the U.S. Marines get worried about North Korea?
Seoul, South Korea (CNN) -- North Korea reacted to a South Korean anti-submarine exercise early Thursday by saying it would meet "confrontation with confrontation" and war with "all-...

If Aliens from another planet was to invade USA, which country(s) do you want as our allies?
Let's just say the aliens have superior fire power and obviously we won't be able to use Nuke since it's on our soil. So which countries do you want to step up in military and help us ...

Is the U.S. Coast Guard apart of the military when there isn't a war going on?
Are they still apart of the military? I heard they are not apart of the military when there isn't a war going on, but i could be wrong.. please clear things up for me! thanks! :)
A...

Question about enlisting in the USMC...?
Okay so I was home schooled and I talked to recruiters and they say I have to get 5 college credits before I can enlist... Because the school I went to wasn't government accredited or something.....

Question on Military couples/BAH?
I'm an E-4 right now but i'm in the Guard. My fiance is an E-2 and Active.

Once we get married, how does BAH work when we live together. Is it based on E-2 or E-4 pay? I'm ...

A question about Major Rohnda Cornum?
After being released from being a POW, did she suffer severe forms of flashbacks, PTSD, and rape trauma syndrome? Were many Americans angry about this particular lady who volunteered for a rescue ...

Preferably for Marines, is it as tough as they say?
I'm talking to a recruiter sometime this month, and after I graduate I'm going to enlist. I just need to know if it is really as tough as everyone makes it out to be. I'm currently ...

does any body think that George St. Pierre could make it threw navy seal training?

What would of happened in WW2 if Britain and France did not just sit by while Germany invaded Poland?
Besides all the missed chances to stop Hitler prior to the invasion of Poland. I am referring to what was called the Phony War or Sitzkrieg. The time between Britain and France declaring war on G...

Advice on which ROTC to join for commissioning?
Hey, I want to become an officer with fixed-wing aviation, securing computer networks, military intelligence, or infantry if I gain the courage (I would go to the Marine Corps). What ROTC do you ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Saturday, August 2, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links