Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Military

Do you have to register for the military when you turn 18?
Find answers to your legal question.

Do you have to register for the military when you turn 18?

I just turned 18 today!

Help
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! But yes, almost all American males must. There are certain males who have conditions that the government will not require to register. Find more information for your answer on: http://www.sss.gov/FSwho.htm

American Girl
If you are male, you have to register with Selective Service. There is potential for consequences if you don't.

joshdavis55555
just go to your local post office and request a selective service card. they'll show you what to do.

GoGo Girls
No, if you are an 18yr old male, by law you are required to register for selective service,.

gib000
You do have to register for the selective service to qualify for financial aid and applying for gov't jobs.

Steve S
Rating
You need to go to your local post office and register for Selective Service...good thing is their isn't a draft anymore but your still required to register.

Navy Sailor - GAI
Rating
No you need to go to any US Post Office and register for the Selective Service. That is not the same thing as enlisting. It is just a registration process to let the government know you are of age and have registered just in case there is ever a draft which there won't be anytime soon.

Snuffy
Rating
yes -- just go to your local post office, pick up a form,
fill it out and mail it in. done and over

(disregard if you're a chick -- this is a guy thing)

ghouly05
According to this article, you still need to register in the US.

Lloyd of London
Rating
You, if your male, are required to register for the draft when you turn 18.

Brian C
Unless you're in a very small percentage, you have to register with Selective Service when you turn eighteen. This applies to males only and it's required by law.

Ma Deuce
Rating
Yes when you turn 18 you must register for selective service. You go to the post office and fill out a card. It is in case a draft is reinstated.

Ainur
Rating
Once you turn 18 you have to register.

drixnot
Rating
yes, American males must register for selective service. I think you can register at the post office (other places too, but not sure where)

Polish soldier
Rating
They didnt tell you?! Enlist now or you face prison!!! Everyone at 18 most enlist!!

ggates1982
Rating
not for the military but for the selective service go to your post office and they will give u the neccessary forms

Marcos O
Rating
NO

USA
Yeah I think you do encase of a draft.

mark j
No. I'm 26 and never registered for the military. Now you will receive a form to fill out regarding your eligibility for jury duty.

david s
you don't have to

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

What will happen to the military with Obama?
I already disapprove of Obama, but im just curious what noticeable changes will occur to the US Military with him in charge in terms of budget and supplies? I already know what hes doing with ...

My father was a Para in WW2 can I obtain a replacement red beret as the original is not in good condition.?
And could someone tell me where please.
Additional Details
Kirk Neal its for his funeral you moron....

How come the Marines are short of men?
The inactive reserve is being called up. How can this be? 50 million people voted for Bush so how come millions of republicans aren't lined up begging to go to Iraq?...

Why does the u.s. force democracy down everyone throat?
Shouldn't people be allowed to choose what kind of government works for them? It's not like democracy is really a long term solution, look at the u.s. and its many social problems. If ...

Do we have business in Iraq?
WE DO! And in Afghanistan and in any neighbring country that wants to kill Americans just because you are an American. Primp your hair, watch reality TV and the soldiers out here will protect your ...

Have the U.S. Marines ever lost a battle?
I'm a Marine Corps history expert so I was just wondering because me and my freind was talkin about this and he keeps bringing up something about "Wake"??? Whats it all about? And also ...

59,413,358 Men fit for military service, 2,186,440 Men in the military, why aren't you fighting the war you?
Why aren't you fighting the war you support?

59,187,183 women fit.
2,079,688 (2008 est.) in the military.

Statistics come from the CIA
https://www.cia.gov/...

Why is it anti-american for democrates to want troops to come home?
the republican party says that democrates are anti-american, just because they want troops to come home,but if you really think about it republicans are, seeing as they rather send out troops to die ...

Will there ever be another draft for UK armed forces?
At some time in the next ten years or so?...

Do you think that america has lost a lot of respect from other countries over the Iraq war?
I like america a lot, though i don't like our president. At the moment i live in NZ and almost everybody here thinks that the president is bad and that the Iraq war is completely pointless. A ...

Have you ever been shot? Can you describe the pain?

Additional Details
No thanks Mike man. They wouldn't have me, I'm far too much of a coward....

We have lost the war against terrorism........?
http://www.youtube.com/w
What do you think?? please watch the video before answering.
Additional Details
b: then what does it say? ... I ...

If terrorists hijacked a plane and you were a passenger?
what would you do in a stiuation like that?...

Is Russia a threat?
http://www.telegraph.co.
http://www.telegraph.co....

To be a Spy. What millitary branch to enter.?
I always wanted to know which do you they enter befor becomeming one....

Should I join the Army?
If I enlist in the army they will pay me about $20,400 a year because I have a bach. degree and will start at a E-4. Don't tell me to try for officer because they have to select you.

I...

Why does everyone say life in the military (U.S) is no good?
Are there any current or former soldier's that received a good experience from being in the service and enjoyed it?...

Respect for Canadian Military.?
Does anybody out there in the world respect the Canadian MIlitary?...

What do the soldiers throw at kids?
it might be dumb but i wonder what is it..
it might be candy but can someone who has being in war confirm it..

*NO STUPID ANSWERS*...

What do you Think about Israel's attacks on Lebannon ?
I was wondering how many of you are behind Israel in their attacks on Lebannon?
Additional Details
I am behind them 100%....

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Wednesday, September 17, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links