Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Military

Has the draft been reinstated? If so, why?
Find answers to your legal question.

Has the draft been reinstated? If so, why?

francis g
charlie rangle (D) new york has called for the draft many times. mainly to scare moms of teenaged kids to stop their support of war. the man should be hung for that

keepsondancing
Rating
No, and it probably won't be. The well-to-do and well-connected in Congress are not about to vote their children into war any time soon. But the qualifications for serving in the military have been relaxed. A criminal record now will not necessarily exclude you, nor will some other questionable behavior.

I can only guess how this affects morale....

jenshensnest
Rating
No, but they have been forcing an extended period of service which is in discussion right now as to the ethics of it.

miketyson26
Rating
NO.

Miketyson26

cdcins
Rating
No it has not...It is still a career choice or volunteers!

♥Sweetmusic ♥
Rating
No and i suspect it will not be for a long time.....hopefully!

psb1234
Rating
The draft has not been reinstated, and there are currently no plans to reinstate the draft. What they are going to do in 2009 is test the process.

FOA
no

kris13iam
Rating
To get the Bush voters to follow through on their convictions.

US Soldier
I think in april or may

Not yet, but it may soon be.

krystal
Rating
nope

J F
No, just talk

kate
Nope . . .

Orion
Rating
No. It has not, nor will it be unless the Democrats make it happen. So far, they're the only ones submitting bills calling for a restart of the Draft.

The US Military is a volunteer, professional organization. Conscripts would seriously harm the moral, esprit de corps, and the day-to-day functioning of the Military. They would serve a negative purpose - NOT a positive one. Our current highly technical highly capable military requires volunteers - people motivated to serve, to do a tough job and get it done with pride.

Conscripts are none of those things. IF the Democrats succeed in restarting the Draft, watch the efficiency of the US Military go down drastically.

Orion

jake c
no, and i am largely against it, thats even more lives lost for nothing.....

BigDaddy Tim
Rating
the draft is in april.....

STEVE PRESLEY JR
I SAY THAT WE SHOULD HAVE THE DRAFT! KOREA IS STARTING WAR WITH US AND WE NEED TO STAND UP AND PROTECT THE USA SO I SAY OBAMA SHOULD START THE DRAFT BECAUSE IF WE DONT DO ANY THING THEN KOREA WILL KEEP IT UP! I SAY START THE DRAFT!!!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

I need info on the military?
I want to know which military branchs are the first to be sent out. What military branches are not likely to be sent out. What does the National Guards, Coast Guard do? What military branches are ...

How much longer can the "surge" be kept up?
before the strain of repeated15 month rotations becomes too much for the military and its members....

A 3rd World War?
I think its definately gonna happen! Its just a matter of time! With all of the technology involved these days, a third world war could mean the end of mankind. Alot of people say that sense the U.S. ...

Venezuela's Chavez welcomes Russian warships?
what is your opinion?
http://news.yahoo.com/s/...

My son went to San Diego for Marine boot camp. It's been two weeks and I haven't gotten word from him yet
Is this normal? I'm sure he's fine, but i just wanted to send him something letting him know we are thinking of him and praying for him.
Thanks for any info you can offer....

A Civil War in America? Again?
Many things that the civil war was fought over like state's rights have never been resolved. and if i remember correctly representatives from vermont, mississippi, and south carolina met in a ...

How harsh is the training in the National Guard?

If you could ask Gen.Petraeus one question, what would it be ?

I believe that the only difference between a war hero and a war criminal is "who wins the war"?

Awol what happens when caught? please help?
my husband has been awol for about a year now and just got caught and taken back to fort hood 2 days ago. when will i hear from him? and what is going to happen to him? will they put him back in or ...

Do the bodies of our fallen soldiers always make it back home?

I was ordered to go to Iraq and my mother has just passed, what should i tell me C.O.??
I was just ordered to ship off to Iraq yesterday and my mother has just passed from cancer..I don't want to just leave my family, and I know my CO will be pissed if I just tell him I don't ...

What's the best way to tell your parents you plan on joining the military?
My father is supportive but a tad reluctant... my mom would FLIP out especially since I will be graduating from college in May. I won't be enlisting... I'll be doing Marine Corps OCS but ...

What if gitmo held non-muslim suspects?
If, in addition to muslims, gitmo held 11 family members and friends of Timothy McVeigh, and none of those 11 people were charged with a crime or permitted to challenge their detention, would you ...

Why don't we set a date to leave Iraq?
And if, as many on the pro-war side suggest, the opposing forces sit back and wait for us to leave, we can use that lull in fighting to ramp up our efforts to train the Iraqis to fend for themselves. ...

Do you believe the story we were told about the satellite?
Do you believe that the wayward satellite posed a "threat to mankind" or was it a serious show of force?...

Why do I never see women on the front lines in the Military..?
I watch many documentaries and have never seen one female....Why?...

Which one came first Army's Hooah or Marines Oohra?
Just curious....

How come Britain is taken them three lumps of shite from Guantanamo Bay the ar8e holes aint even British...?
vast amounts of tax payers money to folk out to keep the ar8e holes for the rest of their lives on state benefits.... could the US not of done us all a favor and put bullets in the heads....?????...

Do you think that we will ever have peace in the world?
Will things get worse before they get better? If you were George Bush and had to choose to do only one thing in an attempt to acheive peace, what would it be?...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Thursday, July 24, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links