Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Military

How close is America to civil war?
Find answers to your legal question.

How close is America to civil war?

With Obamas policies dividing the nation more so than ever, how close are we to a civil war? States like Texas are threatening to secede.

Mike
We are nowhere close to a Civil War.

Texas is not seriously threatening to secede.

That is just people talking, nothing more.

dukemack
No, just more complaining. At some point dems will accept that they cant give everything to everyone without having to pay for it.

PJ
Rating
Not at all close.

whip
i really doubt that would happen.but i have been wrong before.

u_bin_called
Rating
144 years away...

legendaryplanets
Rating
Texas will break away from the Union. "Texas doesn't need the united states, the united states needs Texas"-Sam Houston

Learn your History. People keep on saying if Texas leave nobody will notice lol. Lets find out. People are saying let Mexico have Texas back.....If I remember correctly Texas did beat Mexico. Now if Texas wants to break away and form it's own country that would have to find a friend out there that is willing to take on the U.S. just like how the French helep out the Americans during the Revolution war. I can name two countries that would love to help out Texas... Russia and China

Moose
Not at all.

Succession is only in the deluded mind of hate radio talk show hosts and lunatic Fixed Noise commentators.

And no, I live in Texas, and we will not secede. The other 49 are not that lucky.

lugnut
When the government bans text messaging and American Idol ,the end will be very near!

lone butcher Spartan remembers
Rating
We are so far from civil war it's almost funny to bring it up.
Texas threatening to secede haha. My friend Texas remembers the Alamo, they are perhaps the last state in the US that would leave.

michelob86
Rating
Secede? Good.

Question is, would anyone notice?

majgross
Rating
We are no where near that and we are only as divided as we allow ourselves to be. Conservatives can attack and impugn and act like the liberals did for the last eight or we can rise above that and oppose his policies in a civil manner. I prefer to be better than liberals in my protests.

Tabasco
Dividing the nation? He won a decisive victory in a free election. This is how our country works.

I know you’re mad because a black man is President but you need to wait until 2012 and run a better candidate.

Chris
Texas has threatened to secede for years.

We are no wear near; unf.

BS
Well, I fear it is right on the horizon. In the next few years. Taxes are set to shoot up and inflation will further cripple the economy. The department of homeland security is calling people like me who went to a tea party, an extremist. A poll has showed that America IS the most polarized since the civil war. That's scary! Rick Perry is hinting that secession may be a possible option when things get bad. I believe other states may follow in Texas's lead. If this happens and Texas or any other state secedes, We would most likely have a civil war on our hands. Almost identical. Let's say Texas and Arizona do. So they secede peacefully, whoever is president is going to have troops go in and put down the "rebellion". I fear this could be right down the road with the terrible economy coming and don't forget the ever-growing and oppressive federal government.

jtothee
i think they are realizing it is a possibility
look at the dhs report
why single out military who swore to defent the constitution?

Decisivness
Our country can't handle another civil war right now. A civil war is brewing, however if one does occur it will not be within a minimum of a couple years. I seriously doubt it will happen though, as long as Obama lets us keep our guns.

EmpireNeeld
well we idiots that like to drink tea and actually know what were talking about think more about the issues. i'd say that were actually pretty close cause our very over rated president thinks he knows whats best for our country..... you know that the tax percentage we have now and those that are to come is extremely higher than it was for the colonialists that started the American Revolution cause of high taxes..... i'll admit i was sort of down for obama at first but not nearly as much or really at all..... there is already a line being drawn for 2 sides it wont be long just watch texas is already talking about it and all its goin to take is one more crucial mistake on Obamas part

slasher for real
Well if china acends to supremacy and the us fades into her own corner then as america looks inward she will fragment into racial enclaves sparking a race war,the new civil war
The thing that keeps america from tearing herself apart is her intervention in other countries,a distraction that allows america to not concentrate solely on herself because once she does she will tear herself apart.

Olan Black
lets look at this in real life.

Armed civilians versus the US military, I don't think so.

Texas secedes, and become a country, since they would be a country, the US wouldn't be responsible for protection. so you will have the Mexican drug lords fighting a guerrilla warfare in Texas. and the National guard would have no equipment (they get there equipment from the U.S. Army) and also remember, Many people in south Texas have Family in Mexico, so you would have a large portion of the population that are fighting against the government of Texas. in addition, Texas would have to establish a currency, and also establish trade with other countries. so they would be broke for a while. then you will have a large portion of the population that will leave since they don't wish to be a separate country. to top that off, you figure the US would impose a trade embargo, so they wouldn't be able to get products from the US. there would be no TV, since Texas doesn't have a bandwidth to broadcast on. No parts for machinery,

overall, Texas would become a Somalia within two years.

OLO
Rating
lol I say give Texas back to Mexico...they can have Bush back ...and my friend...there has always been a divide in politics...it certainly isn't a new phenomenon..

Croaker
hopefully texass secedes. the overall status of the US would go up.

Buck Fush
We already fought the Civil War. The losers like to drink tea.

john
there's one thing you guys need to take in though. Texas gives more money to the DC then DC gives to Texas. Texas could survive on it's own. we have enough people to have military. not to mention Fort Hood the biggest military base if I'm right in the world. The US would most likely lose that equipment. Esp if it's Texas build

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Is peace in the Middle-East even possible?
In studying the history of Middle-East region, it is evident that this volatile mix of Religous and ethnic groups have never managed to sustain a prolonged period of peace in their entire history. O...

Going into the army.. a chance to grow up?
I'm 15 and don't know what to do. I've considered going into the army.. seems like it would give me a chance to grow up and would give great experience. Not permenantly, just for a few ...

I want to get OUT! Can I get into trouble if they find out I have a self-inflicted wound?

Is it true that marines are trained to eat $hit when they have nothing to eat?

Did you know our Commander in Cheif is a ChickenHawk that went AWOL?
It's all true mate...Google "Bush went AWOL" have yourself a look....

Where will AlQueda go after the US leaves Iraq?

Additional Details
no you did not ...

Why would the Iraq war be about Oil when gas prices have risen 135%!!!?

Additional Details
whose fault is it?
Bush?
Saddam?
Al Qaeda?
Iraqi people?
Rich Oil Companies?
Liberal democrats?...

How do I find out if I still have a military security clearance?
I had a secret clearance at one time but someone said I lost it due to an NJP but then someone else told me horse hockey you still have it because you did not loose your MOS, I been out for a long ...

Do you think Israel will be destroyed soon?
I am an Israeli, and I know we have enemis arond us. the palestinians rockets, the stronger Hizballa, Syria, and off caurse - Iran. Will we survive all of this?...

Do you think President Bush makes a good "Commander in Chief" ??
Didn't he serve in the Vietnam war?...

Can a country (IRAQ) be liberated by killing 655,00 innocent civilians?
what about their family and friends that werent killed, do they feel liberated or arent they mad as "HECK"?...

Was the Iraq invasion justified?

Do u know that the film 300 is a big fat lie?its fake and against arian (persian)people?
why does hollywood want to make arian people look bad infront of world.why is he adding persian people to their goverment?
pleas tell your opinions ...

Show of hands for Support of the Military?
I would like to see how many people today representing Americans support our military and their missions in the middle east and elsewhere. Who here wishes Clinton hadn't reduced our troops by 50%...

Do you think our troops should be in Iraq?

Is it wrong to wear a U.S military uniform to social gathering even though I have never served?
I just like the attention I get from the ladies and the perks from hotels and resteraunts. I have medals on my uniform from vietnam to Iraq....

My husband is messing around on me in Iraq..should I find someone else?or should I respect him?
my husband is in Iraq messing around on me, should I move on or what? Respect him?...

What is the point in protesting at a soldiers funeral?!?
Soldiers don't declare war presidents do! If it is about protesting the war, protest at the white house. Don't disrespect your fellow americans. How would you like your funeral to be ...

Would pulling out of Iraq be a good idea?

Has President Bush Betrayed the Good Men and Woman of the United States Military ??
The evidence is overwelming America!

and I don't want no B.S. answers that say....."What evidence"

Merry Christmas to all the troops and May God Bless America!...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Monday, September 1, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links