Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Military

How should i start my letter to a soldier in Afghanistan?
Find answers to your legal question.

How should i start my letter to a soldier in Afghanistan?

FlipOverBuggie
Rating
My roommates husband is a Marine and just returned from his deployment. His most cherished thing anyone told him in a letter was that they were proud of him. I would start the letter with asking how they are doing, and proceed to tell them that you are proud of what they are doing for our country. I know they will really appreciate that.

boodreauxthecoonass
Rating
Dear Hero: Thank you for defending what so many take for granted. Thank you for defending those that despise you for defending them.

Stephen T
Thank your for defending our freedom and putting yourself in harm's way to protect us.

Sarah A
THANK YOUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

holllaaa
Rating
Dear Troop,
Let me start by saying, I think you're a very brave, courageous, and selfless person. I pray for you at night, and hope your okay...

♥BAAW♥
Write to them like you we're having a conversation! Just be normal and ask them how they are, or say something funny, they just like to hear normal things that remind them of being back home.Treat them like you've been friends forever.

Proud Army Wife

Hollywood Prod.
How are do doing my friend

B G
Hi, and first off let me say thank you....(you got the idea)......and by the way...Thank you for writing them...

you know it's true
make it light hearted if you don't know them
something like
hey hey! how's it going?!

make it fun, they put up wiht too much seriousness to begin with!

Bubbles
Rating
I'd start out by saying "thank you so much for serving our country and protecting it's people". I wouldn't ask what it's like there or how they are or anything like that. They usually don't want to talk about that stuff.

SamHil
From myself, and all the people who would write to you if they knew they could, and for all those lives you honor with your own........

David
Thank you

Lindsey H
Sir/M'am, thank you for serving my country. Thanks for all you've done overseas. I look up to you as a hero.

iLott
Rating
Dear Hero, one of the saviors of our country.

.Hope this helps x

Alexis
dear.......................................

annika_grace
Rating
"Dear Soldier,

I just want to thank you for your service."...

You should be able to take it from there! Remember to have fun with it, besides a thanks, I am sure they also appreciate things that are funny. I bet with all that sand and military life, they probably like a little reminder about life back home.

If you are still having problems, there are some sample letters at the page below.

Lee
Dear Sir...

manganese
Dear .....,

skillz
I have a best friend who is overseas in Afghanistan right now, and sure we have facebook to talk on, but sometimes letters help too. I always just start with Hey how are you? Then go into something about the weather, or if they know your family, throw in some things that you guys have been doing.... I know it helps him because it reminds him of being home. Also, throw in some memories you have of the two of you... Once you begin writing, everything just starts to fall into place. Also, I always end my letter with Keep your head up hun, and don't forget about all of us back home that can't wait for your return. Stay safe, and see you soon!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Would you recommend a person join the military today?
Do you think in spite of our wars in the Middle East, that a person could still make a solid career in the military and never see deployment? (I ask because I am considering joining)...

Why doesnt my military husband trust me?
I have been with my husband since high school, we got married last summer and I thought we had the perfect relationship. He is in the army and will be leaving to do a 8 month tour on April 15.
L...

Question for the Americans !!?
If America is land of the free and oppertunity how come theres ALOT of laws the UK is more free than the US... like the alchol ban ... jaywalking lol, the drinkin laws by states like banning beer, ...

What is your opinion in pulling all of our troops out of Iraq?
This question is for personal gain alone. I myself am in the military and am not quite sure how I feel about the decision to have all of our soldiers out of Iraq. I feel that while we have set a good ...

How can i make nitroglycrin?
I know its illegal but does anyone know how to make ...

Since finding YA, have you increased the time you send on the computer along with your waistline?
I will be getting out of the house in a little bit.. I really need the excercise!!...

In the military, what rank comes before Colonel?
And I don't mean the KFC Colonel....

Why does the Army Reserve still advertise?
I saw a commercial the other day for the Army Reserve. I thought they canceled commercials for the Army Reserve, because everybody who joins it ends up getting deployed to Iraq, so it is no ...

What do YOU want to say to deserted U.S soldiers from the war on "terror"?
Many of them are reading this, and lives in Canada, Jordan, Qatar....

How many feel good about the release of all those ?
people from guantanamo bay. what will be your view if they go on to kill?
Additional Details
just one additional thought i Dont believe as some here clearly do that our soldiers are ...

What does "ARMY STRONG" mean?
What is everyones opinion on Army Strong? Does any know what this really means? If you have comments about the new Army slogan, feel free to ask questions and make your comments about the new ...

Can a women have a view?
Dad3 says why don't I ask a topical question? Okay, Looking at the TV pictures, does Israel think the rest of the world will say the end justifies the means?...

What kind of actual effect do the anti war protesters have on america?
THESE PEOPLE DO NOT LOOK LIKE JUST ANTI WAR PROTESTERS , THEY ARE ANTI , GOD, COUNTRY, MILITARY, THEY CALL FOR THE KILLING OF OUR SOLDIERS ,, AND REDICULE THEM AT MEMORIAL SERVICES FOR OUR KILLED IN ...

If you are expecting a WW3,what country do you expect to participate in it?
name all of the countries and ...

Is the United Kingdom Americas best friend?
Of all the countries in the world I am gonna have to say the UK is Americas best friend. I am in the United States Marine Corps and am currantly on my 2nd tour in Iraq. If I could choose I would want ...

Iraq war - failure?
With the war in Iraq spiralling out of control due to radicals. I sit time that we really looked at what we have done there and call it a failure.
We went there on the premis of WMD'S - 3 ...

Why are nascar fans so pro-Iraq war but wont serve in Iraq?
TOO scerd to miss a race? FN cowards!...

What is the last thing a soldier thinks about just before he dies in Iraq?
Does he think of Bush? How about his parents? Girlfriend? Republican party? His former job?...

OMg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?
They said Bin Laden died Augest 23 2006 idk what it was but i think it was with health i saw it on CNN I Hope soo
Additional Details
they said its not O...

I'm planning to buy a firearm for personal defense weapon, no previous experience with it... any suggestions?

Additional Details
i tried firing taurus cal 45 and glock 9mm in the range but that was all... tried the shops and glock 23 cal 40 seems interesting to me......

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Friday, November 28, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links