Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Military

If I join the National Guard, will I be deployed to Iraq?
Find answers to your legal question.

If I join the National Guard, will I be deployed to Iraq?

I'm considering the National Guard to ensure some long term security for my family. I understand I will go to basic training, and be stationed somewhere in the country...but I'm not keen on the idea of going to Iraq. What am I looking at for my short and long term future? I have a fiance and 2 children, and would like to stay as close to them as possible, at least within the country until they can move with me.

Any insight you can offer will be greatly appreciated. Answers based on knowledge or experience only please.

Billy11B
Rating
If you join now you need to face the reality that you will be deployed at some point in your six year initial enlistment - if you aren't willing or able to deploy than you shouldn't join. It's as simple as that. You are looking at a military that is and has been on a war footing for some time.

George K
There is always a chance of being deployed overseas, and you usually have very little control over where you go.

Most likely is that IF your unit is deployed, you probably won't be in too much danger.

I would hate to know that a wife was widowed and that children lost their father, for this reason, I wouldn't take any chances with the military (cuz its always wildard with them) If I was a father and a husband. It's up to you though.

By the way I am also joining the military soon (USMC), I hope that I never have to make a descision such as this.

Try praying to God, He's helped me a few times.

obamasbro
Rating
yes,you will be deployed somewhere.

Proud_Army_Wife
You most certainly can and probably will be deployed in the Guard. My best advice would be.. if you don't want to be deployed overseas or be away from your family, then you probably shouldn't join the military. Someone who joins the military is one who is ready to serve their country at any time, no matter where it might be.

My husband and I have 4 children. He's in the Guard and is currently deployed 'over there'. He's been gone for almost a year now and still has a few months to go. He hates being away from his family and hates being away from home. But he's a soldier and he knows that his country needs him too. He's a soldier and someone has to do it!!

Jessica
Rating
You really need to research some of the planned upcoming military events...there are things far worse than Iraq...I am the daughter of a Marine and have 2 brothers who are Marines...but this is a time to be very careful and really learn about who the government is before you sign up.

I admire your patriotism and desire to care for your family...Spend a couple weeks really researching the government, military operations, history of the country, and the current issues. If you look for the truth, you will find it.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

What is the point of the doves in the vietnam war ?
i have a debate tommorow and i need facts from the point of view of the doves (anti-war). please help im not finding much facts other than "its just not right" HELP ME...

Intelligence in Air Force?
I really want to go into Intelligence in the Air Force. However, I am about to get my BA degrees in Political Science and Criminology. I have only gone as high as algebra math-wise. Will this hurt me?...

SHOULD I JOIN THE NAVY?
I'm 18 years old and a senior in high school. I am also a girI. i got accepted to CSULB with a scholarship for free music lessons. I'm a fantastic tuba player and my music teachers have ...

Are their any army requirters out their to help me get a job in iraq truck driveing?
i just got out of the army and want to make money and whole lot of it....

When is a Marine aloud to live off base?

Additional Details
Allowed okay I learned there......

In russia when they went to war in Georgia what was there primary weapon?
was it the ak 47 ? and also do they have anything advanced like the united states does?...

Military branch questions?
I need help choosing on what military branch is good for me. I want to join a branch that offers me good scholarships. I want to be a full time student in college while attending one of the branches. ...

While I am in the National Guard can I get braces after AIT school?

I'm about to go to basic training.?
I'm leaving in a couple of days. I'm married with no kids. I know you get paid on the 1st and 15th. Since I'm married, how much will i get paid on these days? I know you get paid ...

How can i start training for the National Guard?

AIT holiday question?
My love graduates basic training on the 22 on May. The following Monday is Memorial day. I was wondering if there is any sort of policy or anything that might lead to him getting the weekend off ...

How may agree with this..?
hi
do you agree that the US economy is improving ?
is it because of the money thats pumped in by the fed stimulus...
then why do some people oppose fed pumping stimulus into the ...

How long is basic training for the Navy?

Does the USMC have EOD diving?
I see it 'advertised' on the Navy site & tells shitloads of info about it, but I don't see any info about it for the USMC.

Recruiter isn't answering his phone lol......

Am i correct :1-25mil MIn = 1/4 hr,?
am I correct in the conversion of mil min as listed: 1-25 Mil Min=1/4 hr. 26-50 Mil Min = 1/2 hr. 51-75 Mil Min = 3/4 hr
76-100 Mil Min = 1 ...

Is this job an option in the airforce?
im about to join the airforce and im trying to figure out what i want to have as my career. people always ask me what i would want to do in my life if i was just going to college outside of the ...

Navy Vs Marines in regards to NCIS?
Hi,
I am a fan of the tv show NCIS. I realise this is fictional and glamourises the jobs of real special agents, etc etc, but since watching it, I have developed a real interest in the Navy and M...

What system of hand to hand combat or unarmed combat does the French Foreign Legion teach?

Which Military BCT is hard out of these selections?
U.S. ARMY v. AIR FORCE.

I want to join the Army because I want to serve my country, but its been a life long dream of mine to join the Air force. I'm more interested in the Air Force ...

Meps question about applying?
when you are at meps do they ask if you have been to the emergency room because if they did i might have checked no because i have gone but they were for minor stomach aches and nausea?
A...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Tuesday, September 2, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links