Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Military

If the United States were to go to war with China today, who would win?
Find answers to your legal question.

If the United States were to go to war with China today, who would win?

TheGuapots
China: Population: 1,306,313,812
United States — Population: 295,734,134

Need I say more?

delo4
bin ladin will be the winer
both countries will be week

holbright
the US military would prevail. But the US economy would take an enormous hit. Neither side would want to go to war because the countries are so interdependent.

pistons556
Rating
The United States militarily, but the Chinese have us economically. It was not a bright idea to outsource most of our manufacturing in Asia. Push comes to shove, the Chinese stop shipments to America and we're SCREWED.

But all we need to do to stop the Chinese, knowing nukes won't be used unless necessary, is park a few aircraft carriers in the sea and launch fighters against them. Add the stealths and whatnot, and it's over.

Avick
China will loose and US economy will come down to the state, when it was 30 years ago

orbitting_man
Such a war would certainly go nuclear and hence there wont be any victor...
Who wins just Depends on who launches the nuclear strike first...

theriddle
Rating
Not only does China make everything we buy, they also have been stockpiling US currency for a long time. If they flooded the market with it, that would also cripple our economy. It's sad that China has been testing the US like this over Taiwan. Way to go Bush! They wouldn't even have what it takes to question us if we hadn't been selfishly indulging ourselves with all that walmart and free trade. We messed up, even though we can win the war, it wouldn't be easy. Just look at Iraq! We've been nothing but short-sighted and greedy for years now, and it's not just war that can shove it back in our face.

zach
Usa probaly so what there military is almost twice as big as ours
People's Republic of China [1] 2,500,000 1.91
2 United States [2] 1,420,483 4.76

But we have a way more advanced equipment and we would kill them in the air and sea Considering our airforce and navy are like triple the size of thiers and 5x more advanced all we'd have to do is Use the navy to keep them from coming to us bomb the crap out of them from the skies untill there very weak then send in the ground troops to finish up the job.

kkiaserdrago
The united states has the military capability to dismantle china with a quickness. We have passed the time in history where a superior population meant victory. The Chinese navy doesn't even have the capability to make it into us waters, against our navy. The Chinese Army has no means to transport to US soil. So it would be a question of how long we had to bomb china before they surrendered. Also, don't forget, there are a LOT of Chinese that don't want to be communist, which provides for the US a capability such as we had in Afghanistan. A local Army, that we need only arm and provide air support for. Economically, it would be awesome for America. Without china supplying all of our goods, Thousands of entrepreneurial united states citizens would rush to fill the gap and employ just about every American to provide these goods. As well, china holds a vast portion of the US national debt, that we could then not have to pay . When it was over, there would be a free Taiwan, a free Tibet, and a democratic CHINA, that no longer had a population problem.

sexy_jim_darwin
Today . . China, we are dedicated to afganistan and iraq with out military assets and China would launch an asian style attack on americas west coast, and of course the nuclear thing and the economics thing hangs in the balance, NATO would join us, Russia would probably join china, india and pakistan would see this as a shot . .

I think this is the classic world war 3 scenario where everyone would be afraid of nuclear attack.

The point about economics is all well and good, but a war with such a major power . . . we'd be spending years rebuilding the peace and the economies of both nations.

Communist or otherwise, America doesn't want to go to war with China, even if we won, it would be at such a cost. China must feel the same way.

Airborne_Lt.
An American war with China would inevitably result in World War 3. America would require her European, Canadian, Australian, and other allies for support as China would undoubtedly be supported by her powerful allies Russia and North Korea. Also, Iran is an allie of Russia and, along with Iran's Arabic allies, would undoubtedly join the fray. Your looking at a war of epic proportions with prospective casualties possibly exeeding that of World War 2. Though, following the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1991, America is labeled as the "world's only superpower"; we are still able to be defeated under a Communist - Arabic coalition of their most powerful nations. The war would be catastrophic, the casualties would be dire, and in the darkest days of the conflict it will be made apparent that we could possibly be defeated. I do not believe that either side would resort to using nuclear arms, as this would certainly end in virtual annihilation of all sides. Regardless of who ultimately wins, the econmies of countries the world over would be devastated. There would be no more "superpower" in the sense that we know it.

Jenny
Most likely China, since the Republicans outsourced all the labor the communists in China. These Chinese are not stupid, they are very brilliant as a fact. When they made the population rules about baring children. This has created a society of "Geniuses," with only one child per family. They are still communist and why are we involved with communists in the first place? That's why they, the communists, can produce merchandise and material at a lower cost. They have most of our technology now, and in the old days this would have been called treason to share technology with the enemy. A lot of people were executed for sharing secrets with the enemy in the past. This no different, and if we piss them off they will just take what is in their country, and tell the U.S., to just go away. We could never fight them. Are you so "BLIND TO GREED" that you can't see that the Republicans are just lining their pockets and only care about money, they don't care where it comes from, or how they make it. There is no "INTEGRITY" as an American to any of this. "OH" and I wanted to add to the boy above, BUSH has separated us from our Allies, so no we don't right now. Foriegn policy is out the door, with our present "DICTATORSHIP" here in America, thats why Bush is afraid!

RudieCan't Fail
No one would win... except the war profiteers who will milk money from it like they are in Iraq right now.

Always follow the money.

FUBAR46
Rating
In all out-open warfare i would say the USA,
also i might add that it would not just be the USA against China,
Everyone seems to forget that the USA has allies, even though they don't always agree on little issue's.
We would always be there for the important issue's.

vatolocowwems
China will win

dino213aa
Probably China by a landslide. Since they make just about everything we own, they'd just cut off production to us. That would cripple our economy so bad they could just walk right in.

mick867
No Body ever wins a war

Only children and Soldiers know the full horrors of war

falconefever2001
united states
we'd shoot them asians up

derek_06_27
easy we would cause in the army we are brought up to never quit and never miss a shot cause were the US *****

bluehippo
Rating
US

Victor Bout
Rating
US with it's high tech military could destroy the Chinese military from the air, but we could never take the ground... FYI, North Korea is the ones we should worry about...

cougar57ca
Rating
Actually I believe China would, for simply we do not know what arsenal, and they a big army. They can send waves and waves of infantry, and they do have a massive armour corp.really the air force, and navy are big, but what they contain is still really unknown.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Ehud Barak says the IDF is the most 'moral army in the world'. Do you agree?
http://www.independent.c...

Who was bobby sans or sands?

When is the World going to realise the insignificance of 9/11?
I hear that on saturday that most television stations are going to be viewing programmes relating to the events on 9/11. When will America & the rest of the World realise that what happened on 9/1...

Why are so many military people republicans?
I just don't get it. When I was in the Marines it seems like we had, like, zero morals. We'd go out and try to bang as many women as we could. We didn't care if they were married or ...

WOW! Reverend Wright has more years of military service than GWB, Cheney, Wolfiwitz, and Rumsfeld combined??
Obviously, he also has more years of service than Killery and Barackstar, but last I checked not only had they not led the nation, but they also had not used our nation's military to invade a ...

British in ww2?
With out US and USSR do you think UK may win the war ??...

Would bringing back National Service be a good thing?
I see this question has been asked before but after hearing that a pensioner was robbed by a group of teenagers and a 5 year old child,I realy believe that something should be done to teach the youth ...

Americans, can you answer this?
Hi, I'm British and was just wondering if it was true that you can join the US military if you're not American, in the hope of getting citizenship.
Is it true that Mexicans do this? A...

Is It true that most American troops have been dropped on thier heads as kids???
serious answers only best one gets a tour in Bagdad....

Why do we have naval bases in NV and TN?
The USA NAVY has a base in the desert of Nevada. And another in Tenn (a land locked states). Why?

I can understand that we need one in Ill to protect the Great Lakes in case Canada ...

If your spouse threatened you with gunfire for whatever reason?
What would you do./?...

Why can't women be on the front line in the army?

Is war necessary?

Who thinks that the military draft will be reinstated soon?

DO YOU THINK FRANCE IS STILL AMERICAS Allie?

I know a girl in the military that is gay?
is there a way to turn her in.
should i?
she's actaully bi so does that count? and it's on her myspace so is that proof? how does this all work??? thanx
Additional Details

Who killed Zarqwai President Bush or our brave military men and women?

Can't help but feel ashamed of wanting to join the U.S. Army.?
I am entering my Senior year of Highschool, and am really starting to get serious about my military career, and have talked to a few recruiters at school and plan on starting my recruit plan.
<...

Why does Iran have less moral right to own nuclear weapons than Israel or Pakistan...?
...or indeed the USA or the UK or France or China or India or Russia?

I'm less interested in strategic or geopolitical viewpoints, rather I'd like to hear the ethical ...

Russia, China, N. Korea, Cuba, all of the middle east (minus Israel) vs. the rest of the world (plus Israel)?
in all out World War III. What would be the result? Feel free to factor in nukes since they do exist....

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Tuesday, October 21, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links