Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Military

Is a 51 on the asvab good?
Find answers to your legal question.

Is a 51 on the asvab good?

i have no idea bout the asvab i just took it today and got a 51 on it so whats up

jon r
Rating
A 51 is completely average, for the army it just qualifies you for enlistment bonuses. most people score from a 50-70 on average, you will have a good number of job open to you if you were to enlist in the army, a fair amount with th marines and i would think a ok amount with the air force and navy depending on your baseline scores. When i took my ASVAB i just barely got in the army with a 31 and got the MOS i wanted (11x infantry) you will not be qualified for high up jobs like aviation unless you had some really good baseline scores but you have a completely average and respectable score.

MP US Army
It doesn't matter as long as the score gets you the jobs you want.

you can always retake it.

Ghost of Tom Joad
Rating
It is passing. It isn't that good a score, but it will get you in the military.

INF_SQD_LDR
Considering a High school graduate only has to score a 25 with a waiver to get in the military, and on average they do, I'd say it's an ok score

chillin
51 is an average. what the overall on the asvab means is, you did better than 51% of the people who took the asvab (( i think ))..it may not qualify you for the job you want but its an average score.

Heather H
When I took the ASVAB I was worried about scoring well enough on my line scores to get into one of the Medical fields. My recruiter said that if I scored above 50 I should be ok.

So although it may not be the best score in the world, you still should have a decent amount of jobs to choose from. If you didn't score well enough for the job that you want to get, retake the ASVAB (however if you retake it that will be your new score even if you score lower than last time).

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/joiningthemilitary/l/blafqtscore.htm

Veterans Do It Better
Rating
NO

However, once your in the service it's your GT score that really matters. If you have anything less than a 110 then that's also no good

Ed J
Rating
not very good.

Mrs G
It isn't great but it does qualify you to be enlisted in any of the branches.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Where can i register to be become National GaGuard?

BAV Air Force Pilot....?
I have a Bicuspid Aortic Valve..No history of AI or AS...Is it possible for me to get a waiver to become a fighter pilot...Are there fighter pilots that have BAV?

Thank Y...

Can i get a tattoo then go into the military?
It is visible on the lower back of my leg, i dont know the current tattoo policy and i was thinking of joining the airforce....

Would it be advisable to report this United States Marine?
He stated he will waterboard his wife to keep her walking a straight life and to make her live a good life.
Additional Details
He said "Bush said it was legal" so he knows he ...

British army training ? selection & fitness?
ok so i got selection next month and i started runing everyday but i got ankle pains they have only just came on sholud i keep runing with the ankle pains or rust until pain has gone ? plus the 1.5 ...

I am a military spouse and my husband is deployed. Can I use his Starcard for gas since I have a POA?
We usually use it for gas and he uses it for uniform items too, but since he's gone, can I just use it? I have no interest in getting my own card BTW....

How do you become a gunner on a UH-60 Black Hawk in the Army?

I Am Seriously Confused :S?
Ok, so I live in Canada, and I am considering joining the military
But before I do I need to know a lot of info about it
If someone could give me a website that explains it (not the C...

What does a control and recovery officer in the Air Force do?

The Allied forces were at Gallipoli as part of a plan to control which strategic waterway?
The Allied forces were at Gallipoli as part of a plan to control which strategic waterway?

Please help, I need to know the answer. Thanks!...

What was Jeannine Burk's fathers name?
i also want to know where her father went (which concentration camp) if you know the answer please please please tell me.Thank you : ]...

Deadly US Navy Submarine with a funny name?
Today I was told of a Submarine that the US has, the problem is I can't remember the name. My teacher said that they made thirteen of them, they were the most powerful and advanced sub in ...

Why do you support the wars?
Supporting the troops and supporting the wars are two very different things.
Additional Details
azz, your wrong, you can support the troops without supporting their mission. They are ...

Are US soldiers still referred to as GIs?

What is the job title of a US Navy Officer in charge of catapult operation?
For example, Surface Warfare Officer or Maintenance Officer. I need what the specific job is called....

Which country would win in a war, north korea or iran?

Flying for the Navy or Marine ?
Hi, I'm thinking about joining the service to fly so they can pay for my education and flight fees, but I'm not sure which one will benefit me being a female and majoring in Aviation O...

I am leaving for bootcamp for the airforce in less than a month and dont want to go what do i do?
i realy dont want to leave i just want to stay home and go to college and be with my famialy. i will do nething not to go even get disqualified. i dont wna fail a drug test to get kicked out tho ...

What does the nuclear biochemical defense job do?
And what is the training for it?...

Need help badly thanks?
what are the 6 modes and in C major what is the relative minor to it

please help i gotta hand dis in 2moz and i aint gota clue.
Additional Details
sorry i didnt no it was in ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Tuesday, September 2, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links