Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Military

Our Brave Soldiers!!!!!!!!?
Find answers to your legal question.

Our Brave Soldiers!!!!!!!!?

I have been into the tv program Ross Kemp in Afghanistan since it started, every time the soldiers have a break they clean their weapons, what i want to know is why do they do this? would it affect their performace if left unclean, its baffled me since.

AL G
It's an indication of a good soldier. Your life depends on your rifle, sand and dust in the working parts of the rifle can cause a stoppage when you need it most, so you make sure it's in the best state possible at all times. You never know when you're going to need it.

Jason L
Rating
Don't want your weapon to malfunction in battle.

dlk
Yes a clean weapon is less likely to "break down",

God Bless our brave soldiers

tex k
Rating
A soldier will clean and inspect his weapons at every opportunity he can. They are his and his comrades only defence if it jams in the heat of battle you are dead. The modern rifle I believe is very good at preventing dirt getting into the workings but I would like too know if soldiers agree with this.If your life depended on a working rifle you would clean and inspect at every opportunity

USMC9013
Rating
if you don't clean your weapon there's a better chance it will jam or stop working for some other reason.

Outspoken but Honest
Rating
good clean gun good soldier

Jesse H
you dont want the weapon to jam when your in combat because it will defenatly cost you your life.

heather s
Rating
So that they can fire it if need be. A dirty weapon will jam and won't do you any good.

hrb5711
Well the M-16A2 or A4 will jam even if you have one grain of sand in that POS. Constant cleaning of your rifle and magazines is important. We clean our rifles before we eat, sleep, or do anything else while at rest.

I mean unless you are Jessica Lynch, then you can have a dirty weapon that won't fire, get caught because you can't read a map, and still get a bronze star......

regiment_gunner
If you kit isn't kept clean it will, like anything else, deteriorate and stop working. Your weapon is what will keep you alive. If you get into contact and your rifle jams you can guess of all the things that might happen. Luckily the SA80s don't often jam.

whatever
It is your what saves your life. It also requires maintenance. It needs oil to operate effectively and dirt can cause it to malfunction. A weapon that won't shoot is about as useful as putting lips on a chicken.

L. G.
Yes, a dirty weapon will malfunction, the m-16 is a lot better than it used to be but the desert is a harsh place, sand and grit get everywhere. the insurgent's weapons often misfire or jam, they arent disciplined enough to keep their rifle clean. Most of the US ordinance is very vulnerable to sand/dust infiltration. this is true from a pistol to a tank main gun. You want your weapon ready to fire when you pull the trigger, this is the best way to make sure that will happen.

edit: your pistol as clean as your rifle?

Cptainamer
You tend to take pretty good care of something if your life could depend on it.

Scouse
Rating
Because on the battle field a soldiers weapon is the best friend he and his comrades have. You take care of it because a malfunction can cause your death. he is not in a situation in which he can say to an irate enemy, " Come on, be nice, give me a change, me weapon's jammed"

Cricket
Rating
A dirty weapon will jam and double feed the rounds. It can also wear down the mechanics over time. You weapon is your life line, if it doesn't work, you are as good as dead...unless you are a ninja.

Tiger8214
Rating
My weapon, my kit, my self!

The weapons need to be stripped and cleaned so that you can maintain its performance and also inspect it for faults as you clean it, you don't want a dead mans click when in contact!!!

Sergio
Rating
to entertain themselves

Clem Chameleon
Rating
Your weapon is your mistress while in combat, take care of it and it will take care of you!

Beyond brainwashing
Rating
BRAVE SOLDIERS? ARE YOU MAD?

Killing incident civilians in two illegal wars??????????????????????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAH3AeFy0SY
(Most popular you tube video of politician’s lying)
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=NpdaQRGSv0k
(Censored war)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rff8aduPHg4
(Fallahga)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enWDthX7SFU
(CIA World war 3)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aoihQtyRYo
(Who funds wars)

The Wolf
Yes our soldiers are brave. Have you seen how marines and the army fight with valor and bravery in Call of Duty 3 and 4! I have never seen them clean them in the game meaning that you must be mistaken!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Why is the Iraqi insurgency so deficient in marksmanship?
Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they are poor shots, but why?
Additional Details
Are they too skeered to get close enough?...

If you've never served a day in the military, what gives you the right to scorn them?
I've come across many comments here on Y!A, where people have made harsh comments about our troops. "They signed up, that's their fault", "Better them than me", "W...

We have been told that prince Harry will not be going to fight in Iraq.?
Do you know why his brother ,prince William was not sent?
The military decided that it would be too dangerous.
They explained that should his regiment be involved in a skirmish with the ...

I haveafriend who has joined the marines. he said after2 wks training he wil be based in cyprus.is this true?

Do you have to register for the military when you turn 18?
I just turned 18 today!...

Britain or Germany, who would win in a war?
Hurd people saying Britain is more powerful than Germany and Germany is more powerful than Britain. With a full our war between both nations who would win (no nucler wepons). Also take into account ...

In the future, what would be the most devastating form of warfare, Biological or Nuclear?

Additional Details
one biological can be specific to humans, leaving the area, livestock, agriculture, and buildings intact, in addition to being habitable (no radioactive fallout)...

Why do people balm President Bush for every thing form hurricanes to asteroids?

Additional Details
tell me why......

How long will the "urban Legend" spitting on Vietnam Veterans continue to exist?
Once again the Urban Legend continues to perpetuate this falsehood so what will it take to bury it once and for all?
Additional Details
I'm ashamed (As a Veteran myself) that this ...

Another Afghan district falls to Taliban. How can bush be losing that too?

Why should respect the US military?
On one hand they are fighting to help keep our freedom on the other:

http://infowars.net/arti...

I KNOW the United States Marine Corps is the best branch of the service!!! how many of you agree?

Additional Details
its strange how a branch of the service that started off fighting from naval ships and being a boarding party on enemy ships become the BEST of the services! semper ...

Why Iraq rather than China?
Personally I think we're at war with Iraq because it's small and available! The only real reason no country does anything about China is because in truth we're all just scared!...

He is in the air force and was married when i got pregnant?
ok so my bf is in the air force and he was still married when i got pregnant. can he get into some sort of trouble for this.
Additional Details
he is divorced now. when i got pregnant ...

The US has military bases in 63 countries. why is it that no other country has a military base on US soil?

What will happen to the military with Obama?
I already disapprove of Obama, but im just curious what noticeable changes will occur to the US Military with him in charge in terms of budget and supplies? I already know what hes doing with ...

My father was a Para in WW2 can I obtain a replacement red beret as the original is not in good condition.?
And could someone tell me where please.
Additional Details
Kirk Neal its for his funeral you moron....

How come the Marines are short of men?
The inactive reserve is being called up. How can this be? 50 million people voted for Bush so how come millions of republicans aren't lined up begging to go to Iraq?...

Why does the u.s. force democracy down everyone throat?
Shouldn't people be allowed to choose what kind of government works for them? It's not like democracy is really a long term solution, look at the u.s. and its many social problems. If ...

Do we have business in Iraq?
WE DO! And in Afghanistan and in any neighbring country that wants to kill Americans just because you are an American. Primp your hair, watch reality TV and the soldiers out here will protect your ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Friday, December 19, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links