Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Military

Question regarding getting disqualified at MEPS?
Find answers to your legal question.

Question regarding getting disqualified at MEPS?

I turned my questionnaire packet into my recruiter.
In the packet to where it asks if in the last 7 years you've seen a counselor or psychiatrist I put no because I thought it had been 8 years.
Well after talking to my mother, she thinks it might have actually been 6 years. Will I get in trouble if I let them know at MEPS that it might be different than answered on the questionnaire packet filled out for my recruiter?

Also, will have seen a psychiatrist ONCE disqualify me, even if I hadn't wanted a job needing a clearance?

Thanks ahead of time!

lewinski1684
Rating
Don't say anything about it.

Everyone lies their a!@#$ off at MEPS. Yes, it will disqualify you. I was just there with a guy whose parents got divorced and he went to counseling once when he was like 9 years old and because he mentioned it, he needed a waiver. It's not a big deal.

Yak Rider
Do not worry about it. Leave things just the way they are. Seeing a shrink once 6 years ago is meaningless except for some pencil pusher at MEPS who will insist you get a waiver of some sort. No one will EVER find out unless you wig out during boot camp.

KEEPGODINUS
Rating
Anything completed with your recruiter is not binding, once you are at MEPS you are sworn in and then if you lie (willingly or not) that is means for disqualification. It really depends on what you saw a psychologist or psychiatrist for, if you have psychological problems that are severe where your life will be endangered or it could endanger someone else's this will disqualify you from joining the military. If you've dealt with depression issues I would really advice you not to join, the environment you will be joining may worsen your depression or bring back issues that you've suppressed and affect your overall psychological health. I would really like to help you! I am getting my LPC in clinical psychology and I was in the Navy myself and know what it is like, I worked in the psych ward and know what the military can do to a lot of girls that have issues in there past, its not pretty! If you want my honest advice let me know and I can email you more information.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Is Afghanistan going to be more dangerous in the near future for US soldiers than Iraq has been?
I just heard that a relative was probably going to be transferred from Iraq to Afghanistan. And I was wondering with the Taliban and Al Queda swearing that they will fight against any foreign ...

Why do Navy fighter pilots make a quick turn as soon as they clear the flight deck?
I have seen videos and when ever a plane is launched off a carrier, the plane turns left or right immediately. Why is this?...

Are you allowed to use calculators on the marine corps ASVAB?

Im 33 yrs, married; working as a school principal. what role can i have in the territorial army? am i eligible?

Thanks all.Are 21 year old are matured enough to go on military training?
What I mean for support is,say a buddy to be with during the first few weeks.Scary hey?...

What happens if your Navy ship is decommissioned?
Ok my boyfriend is in the navy and he is a Machinery Repairman in Newport News, Va. His ship is the USS Enterprise. But he told me that the ship is being decommissioned. I jus wanted to know what ...

Airborne Artillery in the Army? Is it possible?
I'm scheduled to ship off to Army Basic June 2nd as 13D Field Artillery. My life's dream is to be part of the 82nd Airborne, and I want to volunteer for Airborne School while in Basic or AIT...

Where can you find cheap packing supplies for military over seas?
Im trying to find any thing from discounted envelopes to large boxes for care packages....

How Does Someone Get Into The U.K's S.A.S?
Can someone explain? I know you must be in the army or marines first (so i hear) Can a Canadian serving in the british military be in SAS?...

Does the USAF have martial arts training during BMT?

When u join the british army do u use ?
do u use pepper spray cs gas or get it issued and do u get batons like the police have ?...

How hard is Navy EOD training?
Well first of all I have been in DEP for about 4 months(picked AIRC) and now im wanting to try out for an EOD contract. I heard it is very challenging to be in EOD, but is it hard as completing BUD/s ...

What is better,Airforce, Army or Navy?
Do not say marines because Marines are considered part of the Navy.
Additional Details
Marines are controled by secretary of Navy, so if u say marines than say navy....

How is the national guard?
i hear so many different storys can someone tell me how it really is??...

I am planning on joining the Coast Guard Reserves?
I have wanted to join the Coast Guard since I was a little kid. I plan on joining right after high school and doing the reserves until I am out of college, then maybe going into active duty if I ...

Is it legal in the states to own a WWII fighter w/ original machine guns intact and fully operational?

Will the marines allow me to join if i remove my braces before time ?
Here's the situation , Im 19 and want to join the marine corps. I have dental braces on my teeth for the past 2 years. They cut off my medical insureance so I miss alot of apointments. My teeth ...

Can you serve in the US military even if you were not born in the US?

Additional Details
I am from the UK...

I know i'm a Veteran, but am I an OIF or OEF Veteran?
I've served all over the world in the U.S. Air Force (for six years). My question though is whether due to the fact that I served during both wars in United Arab Emirates, received hostile fire ...

Is everything i worked for/slaved for/ battled for/schooled for a waste of time if i find i need a officer...?
supervising my moves in the field, like i am not a liutenant, but basically a private or civilian?...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Tuesday, September 2, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links