Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Military

Sea Cadets Vs. Civil Air Patrol?
Find answers to your legal question.

Sea Cadets Vs. Civil Air Patrol?

I'm interested in joining either the sea cadets or CAP, but am unsure of which route to take. My aspirations are to graduate from the Naval Academy, and become a navy or marine fighter pilot. My cousins did Sea cadets, but I have a friend who's brother does CAP, and they both speak highly of each organization.What are the pro's and con's of each program, and what are your thoughs on which one I should do? I attended 2 CAP meetings and the people there are goofs, but my friends brother said to try different squadrons, and my parents don't particularly want me to go away for boot camp. Any help would be appreciated.(P.s I live in the U.S)

j4sdrn
Yes try different sqaudrons!!! Some squadrons are totaly unprofessional but others are great. If you want to be a pilot CAP is the place to be, but if you want to go into maritime stuff, sea cadets is great! As far as going to the Naval Academy both are good depending on rank, time in, and experience. The more activities consolodated to one of the orginizations the better.

Since your parents don't want you to be away for long: CAP's summer encampments (required to promote to C/2LT) are 1 week long while sea cadet encampments (not required in most cases) are usually 2 weeks or more. In general CAP seems to be more professional and they have a real live mission, and sea cadet offer alot of great training but don't have a mission or the flying experience availble.

sheek
Rating
I currently attend the academy. I am a 3rd class Midshipmen. I went to NAPS and am about to be a second class.

This site will give you all the info you need about the naval academy and admissions.

http://unitedstatesnavalacademy.info/

just click on the 3rd link down.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

If you are a graduate student, can you enter the Air Force ROTC?

What piercings, if any, are you allowed to have while in the military?
after all of your training? what piercings can guys have?...

Can a single parents join the army?
I have been told that a single parent cannot join the army unless they give up full custody.

I am a single parent. I am seventeen years old. I will be joining the army in a few months. My ...

M1 Armor Crewman 19K Infantry 11B typical workday?
Whats it like when not deployed in warzone, how many hours per day?...

Piercings in the army?
so my nipples are pierced and i was wondering if it would be alright if i kept them in while at boot camp. but not have metal ones in but have clear one in instead so its not noticeable and how often ...

Is the army part in the medic program hard? Friend at San Antonio, Texas for training?

What is the best military mos i should choose?
ok so i have a kid on the way and i am trying to finish school yet have money in my pocket so i decided to join the national guard reserves which will give me a 15 grand bonus and with the gi bill ...

How many military paychecks left.?
My EAOS for the navy is Apr 27. I have been paid for the 1st - 15th which is my regular pay and received my IATS pay on the 16th. I still have days i'm selling back and havent received final pay ...

What does the military's medical exam consists of? How could I get prepared?
I'm having the military's medical exam next week, how would I be able to prepare for it? what does it consist off? I'm a pretty fit person, but had a pneumothorax (a collapse lung) ...

American special forces best in the world?
I've read loads of comparisons of the US marines Vs Nazi SS in which case I have to say the Nazi SS are better. While all special forces have best equipment the Nazi SS were proven to be ...

Air Force Vehicle Operations?
I GOT VEHICLE OPERATIONS!!!
anybody in this field can tell me how is it, life style, hours, deployments, anything......?...

Navy Reserve Corpsman to BUD/S?
I plan to join Navy Reserve as Corpsman. While I'm serving, I'd like to apply for BUD/s. How hard would it be to get a slot? What are the process?

Thank you in advance....

Is the diameter of a 9mm bullet larger than a 5.56mm bullet?
if not, why?...

Why do people in the military marry so young?
My husband is in the Army and we married 8 months (yes, 8 months!!!) after we met. I had just turned 23 and my husband was only 20!!! I am almost 26 now and we have a one year old. My husband's ...

Do people who enroll in PLC go through Marines recruit training?
after high school i wanna get into a commisioning pogram to become an officer and im just curious
any advice?...

Daily Marine 0311 MOS?
I am joining the U.S. Marines in 2 years and I'm going infantry. I know that 0311 is a rifleman but I would like to know what you do on a day to day basis in the middle east. (No I dont think ...

What happened to the French Soldiers after WW ll ?
The ones that were aligned with the Germans. I think they were protecting a landing port in North Africa , against Gen Patton's landing,
Additional Details
I don't know how to ...

British moral in war, why is it just the brits with a high moral even when there loosing?
for example hitler called them unprofesional because they cared more about where the next cup of tea was coming from then death,

also when odds were agaisnt them they seem to be cheery and ...

US Military Issued Gear?
Does anybody have a website that lists all of the issued gear given to either a US Army or USMC soldier? I would like to know for a reenactment. By gear I mean exact weapon, camouflage, chest rig, ...

Why dosent the UK and the USA use the AK 47?
its the most easy to make and the most relable gun to use , it dosent jam it works when covered with mud and filed with sand so why dont they use them for??? like in the vietnam wat the american m16 ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Saturday, November 22, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links