Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Military

What's tougher/better .. Air Force or Navy?
Find answers to your legal question.

What's tougher/better .. Air Force or Navy?

I've been talking with my recruiter for the Air Force and get a date for Meps in a few weeks. I have really been thinking about joining the Navy instead, but not to sure. I like both a lot, and cant determine which would be best for me. I have an associates degree in criminal justice, and really want to join a branch that will turn me into a hard working, tough, and educated person. I want to join the reserves because I want to continue going to school for my bachelors in CJ. What's your opinion on both...also I'm female so any females please don't hesitate to give me your input...and NO i don't want to join the marines (cuz I know a select few of you who say the air force and such is for sissies)
Additional Details
Also if I go to MEPS for the Air force and decide that I want to join the Navy, would I have to do MEPS all over again. I'm pretty sure I'm going to make my decision before I go, but just incase.

DH
Hey there!

Speaking as a female and former Air Force Security Forces member, I'd say go Air Force.

When I was thinking about the military, I thought about joining the Navy, but after my brother, who was in the Navy, told me NOT to join them, I picked the Air Force. That and the fact that when I was talking to the recruiters, the Air Force recruiter that I went through was very nice, very informative, and let me take my time with my decision, which I appreciated. The Navy recruiters weren't as nice, and actually started stalking me for a decision. They even went as far as giving me a specific date to make my decision by. I didn't like that, and that was one of the reasons why I opted for the Air Force, and I told them that when I spoke to them AFTER I signed my enlistment papers.

Being stationed at Langley AFB, the majority of our base arrests for shoplifting and DUI's were Navy. We have several Navy bases near us and they would all come to Langley and get in trouble. We always had issues with the Navy people (men and women).

Plus, another thing to think of, is your career choices. If you're in the Navy, you'll probably be stationed on a ship at one time or another. You'll need to figure in being out of port anywhere between a few weeks at a time to 6 months or more for deployments. That makes going to school hard, unless you take online classes, and even that might be difficult as well depending on your job.

At least with the Air Force, you'll be more grounded to one location. It'll be easier to go to school, or take online courses. Depending on your job you'll most likely have deployments to worry about, but most range from about 3 months to the more common year now for the Iraqi conflict.

I'm not sure how the whole MEPS thing works. I want to say I think it works for all branches at the same time, but then again, I could be wrong. That is really something you'll want to discuss with your recruiter.

Whatever decision you make, make sure you take your time thinking about it, and ask all of the questions you can think of for the most information. This is your life, not theirs. The last thing you want to do is to sign the papers and regret your decision later.

Joseph P
US Air Force offers most up-to-date jobs that can often be used in civilian life. Thats always something to think about. In other words, if you join the A/F for three or four years, maybe you'll decide to make it a 20 year career. That's good. But maybe 3 or 4 years would be more that enough, then if you have a real good job during your hitch, than it will be easier to get a job (in that field) when you get out. Good Luck.

☆ ★Maverick☆ ★
Air Force, have better benefits .

Chris!
Rating
air force

saraeh_w
I joined the AF after deliberating forever on whether to do Army or Air Force. I have never met a single person that didn't like the AF. I know people in every other branch and there is atleast one person that says something bad about their chosen branch but no one ever has anything bad to say about the AF. I haven't been in long so I cant give you a better description of why it isn't, or is better than the Navy. I just could never do Navy because I am not too fond of the water and I dont like the idea of being on a boat for months at a time. Read up on all of them to the best of your ability and choose whats right for you. No one can make the decision but you. Also about the MEPS thing, I did this just recently also. I went to MEPS the first time for the Army and passed everything, but then I decided to join the AF and all they had to do was switch my information over to the other branch. It wasn't a big hassle or anything. Good luck.

tpirl0ver
Rating
Either one of those would be fine.
Just don't go into the army right now.

DOC
Rating
AF is better for jobs, accommodations, food and has their own AP's. Navy, clean beds, OK chow and a good chance to wind up wearing a Marine uniform, which I did, and hated every minute of it! USMC: Uncle Sam's Misguided Children.

jack
Rating
That is tough, air force reserves the nukes and stuff but the navy's got nuclear subs, i would probably say air force because they control air space and cyber space

Rating
These two branches fight on different terrains. Navy on the sea primariliy, and the air force by plane in the air. That is like comparing apples and oranges.

doug s
Rating
I've had varied experience with all branches of the service, direct experience with The Air Force. AF isn't as physically strenuous as the Army or Marines, it's about even with the Navy. However, Navy is pickier when it comes to the brains department than all four. For instance, if you get into the Naval Academy that's no small feat.

If you're going to practice law for the military I hear great things about the Navy for that. And either way, it's all down to JAG.

J
Rating
If you already have a degree and want to get your bachelors, go Air Force. They have more CJ jobs and they will supply you with more money for your schooling than the Navy will. But if you wish to make one of them a career, I would suggest Navy, even though I'm going Army. I had talked to the AF and Navy but neither of them suited me. And as for the MEPS question: I'm pretty sure once you go through it, you don't have to do it again.

DutchAmy
Rating
Depends on if you're afraid to fly, or swim. ;)
GL with your decision!

bluerebel
Rating
The NAVY is the way to go------my two brothers and my best friend is in the air force and they all hate it.... I absolutely love being in the NAVY, but that's as far as my opinion goes being that Ive never served in the Air Force.....Whatever you choose we all fight on the same side of the flag. Just know that you are enlisting during a time of war and if you decide to go navy your chances of being involved are much higher than in the air force. Good Luck in whatever you choose, everything will be just fine after a couple months of hell. HOOYAH!!!!!!!

Whatcha Gonna Do
tougher: navy
better: AF

Tom S
well, the navy has its own aircraft, so if you are on the fence, i'd go with them.

Give Peace A Chance
Rating
neither, they both perpetuate violence and murder in the world. Join Greenpeace or the Peace Corps!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Can the Israelis airforce defeat the British Royal Airforce in a one on one?
I saw the news again today, KAPOW! KABOOOM! in downtown Gaza, and all the Hamas supporting Gazans scurrying with no where to hide from the wrath of god raining down on them. Israel airforce can ...

WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BE A MARINE?

I want to join the Army?
hey guys ok i really wanted to join the army but my parents said no, im 18 in 3days and now im in university studying to become a ambassador, my dad works for the CIA and my mum does other stuff for ...

Area 51.....??????? 10 points!?
i am 15 years old (and i am a girl) i want to work at area 51? how can i get a job there when i am older?...

Im a israeli and i just want to know?
I see people in the world rally against israel. The people who don't SUPPORT israel we see them in the street, but where are the people that do SUPPORT us and understand where we come from and ...

Will the military fly us to our duty station?
I am moving from Ft. Benning,GA to Fort Polk,LA. I will be moving with my wife and son. We have a 2000 Nissan Altima that is not in wonderful condition. My wife does not think our car will make the 8 ...

Why are people under the impression that anybody who joins the army right now is going to Iraq, is this true?
Because I leave next month, and I know there's a possibility I might go but didn't know it was a definite....

Do you think there came a time when Americans working as torturers began to enjoy their work?

What side do war widows wear their husbands medals for memorial services in the UK?
I've recently been widowed, I intend to honour my beautiful husband's life by attending an remembrance day parade (I've attended many before - just never as a widow) I want to make ...

Who's top dog in the military?
wondered who's the dog in the military. who's #1 in all the branchs?
most trained? i'm doing a report and would like to do it on whoever has to go through a lot in the military ...

My 17 year old wants to join the marines to be in the band. He's being heavily recruited.?
The recruiters started showing up during summer school. ( I think trying to get those they feel will be flunking out) My son loves band and has done it 4 years. He wants to major in band in college. ...

IM IN THE ARMY;MY NCO USE VERBAL LANGUAGE,AND TAKE HIS TOP ON ASK ME TO FIGHT..CAN SOMEONE HELP FIND SOME ARTI?
WE WAS TALKING AND HE WAS USING VERBAL LANGUAGE I MAD SO HE ASK ME TO FIGHT
HOW TO FILE THE CORRECT PAPER SO THAT DO NOT HAPPEN AGAIN ...THANK YOU HELP A SOLDIER.....

To all My brother Marine's can you relate to this? OORAH! Let me know and God bless you wherever you are.?
Two things to know before you read below: Marines are taught 1) Keep your priorities in order and 2) Know when to act without hesitation.
A Marine was attending a college course between ...

Joining the army help?
I am 16 and am planning on joing the army when i finish my A levels in 2011.

I just need to know whether you have the option of leaving after completing training and in the time that i am ...

How do you know if the U.S. armed forces is for me?

Do you have to pay for your navy uniforms?
Or do you get them for free?...

Do you think its better to go to college before or after the army i dont want to do rotc?
Can you get into good colleges of your choice if you choose to go ...

Can I join the military with a GED, and what should branch is the best to apply for?
Ok, so here's the deal. I am a 20-year-old female who has finally got her life together after being involved with the wrong crowd (druggie dead-beats). I dropped out of school in 11th grade, but ...

My fiance is over in iraq.in the army..how do army wives deal with missing there signifigant other?

Second languages in the armed forces?
do you have to be able to talk a second language in the armed forces cuz my mate said ill need 2 no russian :...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Friday, August 29, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links