Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Military

What countries are military and DOD personnel not allowed to go?
Find answers to your legal question.

What countries are military and DOD personnel not allowed to go?

I am a traditional reservist, and I like to travel from time to time. I went to China several years ago and I told my ART that I was going and she didn't seem to care. Well I found out later she probably should have looked deeper into that (that is just what someone told me). My wife is half venezuelan (by her father), but is an american and was born here. I am going to travel there soon, are there any restrictions? If anyone knows where I am not allowed to go, let me know. I know there are differences with Active duty restrictions and Reserve restrictions. Let me know, thanks.

Annie
Best thing to do is contact your command and/or the SATO/travel office of the post nearest you...they can generally tell you what countries may be off limits. Also, before you travel to any country, check the State Department website to see if there are any government restrictions or warnings in place.

Mrsjvb
Rating
start with your Security Officer at your unit. even if you can go you will still need to complete the anti terrorism briefing/class before you do.

If you have a Clearance, expect that you will not be allowed to go. Venezuela doesn't like us very much and you could be a target.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Navy seabee jobs in demand?
ok i want to be a seabee in the navy reserves...i know there are 7 job fields in the navys construction battalion....the only thing im afraid of is when i go to meps what if none of them are open? i ...

My biggest hero was born today, how about you?
Holland McTyeire "Howlin' Mad" Smith
Birth: Apr. 20, 1882
Death: Jan. 12, 1967
United States Marine Corps General. A career Marine Corps officer, his nickname, &...

Joining the Marine Corps while in High School?
I already graduated high school,but im wondering if this was possible.

Was it possible to sign myself into the Marine Corps while finishing my Senior Year,I was 18 by the time?

W...

Is being a USMC officer a lifelong commitment?
Ive been recently interested in going into the USMC as infantry officer and i'm almost done college. Im still in the middle of doing research and just had a thought. I was just wondering - i ...

What do you know about the marine recon force?
Are there officers? what could I expect to do if I managed to join? Are they basically the same as regular marines but simply with better training? How would I join? If I was to fail to make it in, ...

Why are the Pirates making the USA look weak?
Big war ships on the scene but the Navy just sits in the water....

Will we see technology being applied to our future infantry soldiers soon?
I'm talking about exo-skeletons and light armored suits.

Too expensive for research and development?...

Home day care on base questions..?
How would one go about opening a day care center on base?

We're at camp lejeune, in NC. I've been told you don't "need" an Early Child Education degree, but I ...

Going away present for a Marine.?
My best friend is going to iraq for his second tour in June. I was wondering if anyone knew of something that they are allowed to take with them that would be of use to him... either to survive like ...

So when our military ships are attacked?
we stand down, like with the USS Liberty, but when 5 guys in a canoe hijack a merchant ship it's top priority for the Pentagon. Our military is a disgrace to all Americans.
Additional D...

Would you ask to speak to a supervisor in this instant or do you think it won't do any good?
So I applied for a position on USAJobs.com and one of the requirements was to send in your DD214 on long with a copy of your College Degree and Transcripts Official/Unofficial.

I sent all ...

Why don't countries have decoys for Somali pirates?
Like have a luxury yacht off the Somali coast filled with special forces and heavy weapons. Then when the pirates try to board, BAM! they're all caught or killed. Pirates would think twice after ...

Can i join the army with harrington rods?
If i have harrington rods for scoliosis can i still join the army or is that an automatic DQ?...

What "combat jobs" are there in the US Navy?
I know for a fact that I can't go to the USNA right out of highschool but my recruiter told me that if I spent two years in the Navy, showed great leadership and that I want an education, then I ...

Would you expect people who are against war to serve in the military?

Is anyone else just biting nails mad at the idle action of our leaders, and would like to have Hillarious?
Hillary ,who laughed at the pirates as if they were only just like the adorable pirates in the movies, examined for her mental health and if necessary removed from service?...

How should the world deal with the Somali pirates?
Should ships be allowed to arm themselves?
Should the million dollar mansions along the Somali coastline be carpet-bombed?

What should be done to stop these dangerous pirates?...

When will the Army start taking care of the real Soldiers, or start making real Soldiers out of the shammers?
Does the Army need non-deployable soldiers? If a Soldier was wounded in combat it's one thing but to be non-deployable due to some chronic aliment. ie shin splints, runners knee, bronchitis? I ...

Will the US Army or the US Air Force pay for my LAIK surgery ? Im not enlisted !?
I want to enlist but both branches denied my medical waiver due to a over -8 refractive error. I was told either branch could pay for the surgery. What paperwork should I submit in order to get them ...

In dealing with Somali pirates, should the U.S. follow Lord Palmerston's advice from 1841?
Lord Palmerston said "taking a wasps' nest is more effective than catching the wasps one by one."

The way to substantially eliminate piracy has been demonstrated time and ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Thursday, July 31, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links