Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Military

What do you call Air force one when the president isnt on it?
Find answers to your legal question.

What do you call Air force one when the president isnt on it?

mariner31
It is called SAM (Special Air Mission) and then a modification of it's tail-number 28000 or 29000.

So in calls to ATC (Air-Traffic Control) it would be "SAM twenty-eight hundred".

Vanessa
Rating
A 747...

In all seriousness, it gets assigned an Air Force callsign by either the Andrew Operations Center or the Air Tasking Order if it's flying in a combat zone.

Andrew W
The aircraft itself is a VC-25, a highly-modified military version of a Boeing 747-200B. There are only two that actually exist, and their tail numbers are 28000 and 29000, respectively.

Like you said in your question, it only has the "Air Force One" designation when the President is aboard. Otherwise, it has its normal US Air Force designation of the tail number.

Mac
Its callsign, which is the numbers and letters found on the underside of the wing and the tail.

Robin
by the tail number

Rob G
Rating
Depends who you are talking about. Most still refer to it as airforce one, however the bird would go by it's alpha numeric designator.

Lou lou
Rating
no idea.

John
It always carries the designation of Air Force One since it has to be maintained in a super-secure area even when the president is not on board and always ready for flight. It's flight crews sit alert twenty-four seven and rotate that so that it can be ready to go in a very short time if needed. Usually it is known in advance to some extent when the president is going to be traveling and there are a whole host of things that take place and revolve around this and his movement. There are certain military entities that have the responsibility of overseeing, planning and coordinating this and I worked on a number of what they refer to as Banner missions that mean missions that the President moves on when he uses Air Force 1 or Air Force 2 or the Vice-president when they travel somewhere.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Do 68w's have an option to not be a combat medic if deployed?

If you are in the Air force reserve are you allowed to switch units if you have to move?
My wife is thinking about joining. She was thinking active air force, and I already am. But, we want kids somewhat soon and with the reserve she can sort of do both, and go to school. Anyway, Im sure ...

Who should I contact for help regarding military issues?
I recently got out of the Marines in July of 2008 and the separations branch will not give me my discharge papers because I did not have my medical and dental records with me when I checked out with ...

Hows the penecillin shot at boot camp like?
does it hurt? not to bad? do you feel it the next day?...

Swine flu is a terrorist attack on Mexico?
the swine flu come from pigs that came from Asia.Mexico declare war on a country in Asia?...

If one is in the Army National Guard and misses a few drills here and there during the 6 year peirod it takes?
to be eligible for the VA Home Loan, can one still be eligible and use the VA home loan?
Additional Details
AWOL on these drills. It wasn't very many only about 3...

Playdoh-playdough...........
when people say playdoh do they mean playdough?...

Is persuasion really more effective than torture or is that a lie?
Torture is certainly bad, but what is a more effective method of gaining information from the enemy.
I know I am going to speak more if some one is cutting off my arm, than I would if they are ...

Airborne Combat Engineer?
I'm currently an ROTC cadet finishing up my freshman year at college. After speaking with my instructor the other day I was informed that I would have the opportunity of attending the Airborne ...

How fast can you start in the military?
If you need emergency employment, can you join the military and be on the next bus to boot camp in the same day? I know you wouldn't get paid until you have worked for a month, like most jobs, ...

I want to enlist but I also want to finish school.?
I am a Jr. in college and I want to finish school. But I also want to enlist in the National Guard this year. What is my best option for enlisting and still being able to finish school in the next ...

Why can't I tell my parents that I want to join the Marine Corps?!!?!?
I have researched the military for months and know all of the benefits and how it works and what I'd like to do and everything else. I know 100% that I am going to be in the military, and I'...

How do I go about getting a the waiver for a Reentry Code 3 (on my DD214)?
Its been 6 years or so since I was in the ARMY. Had troubles with it and was discharged. It says Honorable on my dd214. I've heard I need to get a waiver from a doc to re enter. How do I go ...

As a belgian citizen living in belgium, can I join the British reserve army?

Question about Binoculars on the Titanic?
Much has been made of the fact that the Lookouts didnt have binoculars tho the Bridge crew had them. Surely in 1912 and at night Binoculars would have been useless wouldnt they? I have used night ...

What other forces landed in Gallipoli?

Will a Chapter 14-12c Show up on my DD 214 if im getting a General Under Honorable Conditions Discharge?
Im getting kicked out for a 14-12c Commission of a Serious Offense. I asked what the offense was and it was Art 92"Failing to Obey a Lawful Order or Regulation" because I was convicted at a ...

How would you say 02:34 in military time?
im off to army basic training and i just want to get it right. would it be oh, two thirty-four hours?...

What's the chance of them getting caught?
today a friend told me she has slept with a male nco from another unit.

The facts on this male nco:
he lives in another city, at a different base, w/a different mos/different mission<...

Know where to get a photo of 15 platoon D company?
Based at Wacol 1954 3rd ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Thursday, July 24, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links