Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Military

What happens if you dont show up for bootcamp?
Find answers to your legal question.

What happens if you dont show up for bootcamp?

i sign up for the army a couple months ago. and i need to go to basic tranning next week. i dont want to go. i am 20 years old last time i run a milie was in sophmore year of high school like 4 years ago.m what should i do.

darkharmony
You don't have to go. There aren't any real consequences for soldiers in training, although they will definitely threaten you and I wouldn't expect your recruiter not to call, repeatedly. If your run is the only thing stopping you, I'd say go for it anyway. I hated running the entire time I was in basic training, but when I went to AIT, things were totally different. For the first time in my entire life, I actually enjoyed it. But nothing bad will result from you not going, except maybe a pissed off recruiter.

You guys are ALL wrong, He is NOT committed and will NOT go to jail. Don't answer questions you dont know the answer too. He will not be AWOL. Gawd.

E J
You might get the "boot"

HAHAHAHHA get it? Like it's BOOT camp and you get the BOOT?
Ha i crack myself up!

The Bricklayer
Rating
Either start exercising,
or admit that you are a spineless,unreliable whingeing little girl

Nrsc
Rating
Shouldnt have signed up bud.. :( your going to be awol and they might throw you in jail or something

lewinski1684
Rating
Good luck with that.

You fumbled my Torpedo
Rating
They send people around to your house or place of work to enquire as to your location, all friendly-like and plain clothes.

kitkat
Rating
they will come after you and charge you with AWOL. You can't just "not show up" because you took the oath.

Don't worry about not being able to run very well now. You will learn the hard way in boot camp. It will be tough, but you will survive and be stronger for it. I couldn't run very well either when I joined the USMC at 25 years old. But I learned really quick and I was in the best shape of my life.

Don't wuss out. You have a commitment to your country. Be a man, grow a pair and follow through. You will be fine.

Cash Money
Rating
hahah go to mexico :)

PokemonFan
Rating
Simple Answer - Punishment for you

Booger Butt
you get arrested as being AWOL..not good

that dude
Rating
I think you have to go. If you dont then you could be in some serious trouble. You already made the oath right? That stuff is serious you shouldnt have dont that if you arent sure about it. I guess go to your recruiter and see if he can sort it out. if not then you best go

Karl de jew
Bad things will happen just pray the don't get really pissed and charge you for deserting

steveo
Rating
im pretty sure that if you did not sware in then your good.. but if you swore in the the army and u dnt show up im pretty sure u can get in a lot of trouble

AF
Your scared of joining the Army!!! That's cake. I'm not going to give you advise just because I am a Marine and the Army is nothing to compare us to.

sdcongo
Rating
you will go to jail

justin
Rating
The military is not in the business of spending money on new recruits and not getting anything in return. If you signed the papers you better show up to ship out or you most definitely be prosecuted by the military. There is a reason people tell others thinking about joining to think long and hard about it, it's a big decision and should be handled that way. And if you are scared that BCT will be really tough, you are right! But you wouldn't be the first person to have second thought. Just get in as good of shape as you can before you ship and you will be fine.

damien n
dude just chill out about it just if you feel you have some fat on you just go run or work out before they come to you.and when they take you youll be ready so yeah just work out thats all i can tel you

RPook
Rating
The government will put a warrant out for your arrest.

If you signed the papers you have just entered into a legally binding contract. You may have a shot if you go to Canada, but you would have a rough time getting employment if they run a background check.

You could always try talking to your recruitment officer, though I doubt you will make any headway.

I don't want to judge, but out of personal curiosity, what were you thinking when you signed???

saylorkc
Rating
Don't listen to these people.

If you signed up for the DEP program , then you can back out at any time. Just write a letter to the recruiting command saying that you have changed your mind and also tell your recruiter. Don't just not show up. If you don't show up then you get dropped from DEP and nothing happens.

You aren't truly in the Army until you go to MEPS again and take your second oath of enlistment, sign your contract and ship to boot( usually all on the same day)

You will be considered a DEP loss and the only concequences are that you may require a waiver to join the Army if you change your mind and decide to join later. It isn't even a real discharge.

Hope you make the right decision for you. Joining the Army is a big step.

ff1054
Rating
You are committed. If you do not show up, you will go to jail most likely. If you get stopped for a speeding ticket, broken taillight, etc you will be found. Why risk it?

Do you have a really good reason not to show up? You are not likely to go into combat any time soon, and Iraq is winding down. If you do have a good reason, like your elderly parent just got really sick or disabled, they the gov't may let you out for humanitarian reasons, or for convenience of the government.

Go in, and then just do your best. You may actually like doing all those things others dream about.

dockofusa22
Well No boot camp = probably no service.

Solarice
2 soldiers will come to your house and rape you.

theycallme649
Rating
re-sign a contract, go reserves. If you love it go active, if its okay, stay reserve. Its the best option.

RekonDog
I seriously hope you are kidding...that wouldn't be a noble thing to commit youself in doing.

If you perform "no show/no go"...then you'll be getting a first-class ticket to the 'forced' enjoyment of pounding boulders, into smaller boulders, into cobbles, into smaller cobbles, into rocks, into smaller rocks, into gravel, into smaller gravel, into granules, into smaller granules, into sand, and into smaller sand. What we know as the Brig!

Best that you start running and "enjoy" it!

...if still planning on committing yourself to AWOL/UA, then look into a mirror and tell yourself that you are a worthless, pathetic excuse and mistake of being a soldier, you showed that you haven't the guts to do what you thought you did have. No self-pride, no discipline, nothing really. I do not like people who quit before they even began anything...that is what weakens Our Nation. If you persist on quitting, go to Mexico or somewhere that doesn't want to put up with lazies.

BHO bows to muslims
Rating
your cover is blown, everyone will know that you're a liberal.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

If bush believe so much in this war.why he has not yet sent his daughters to fight?
were are know that jr bush is fighting the war his daddy started. And that this war is only about oil.iraq had nothing to do with 9/11.am pretty sure that bin laden wanted the whole muslim world ...

I want "semper fi" on my back as a tatoo but im only 17 and not in te army am i aloud?

Quitting Army during Basic training?
My Fiance' Joined the army, But halfway through basic he's regreting it. ( He's not the type tp be away form his friends and family for a long time) A week ago the drill sergants ...

My 18 year old son just went in to Marine boot camp?
did he made the right choice.. he has always want this everysense he was very young and when he graduated from high school he quit his job and went and enlist with the Marines.. I am scared but very ...

Why is America and England at war with Iraq, what did the country of Iraq do?
This is a serious question, what started it and are there any other countries at war over this issue? whatever it is?
Additional Details
What is its objective, what will make them ...

Which countries military is most threatening to the USA?
is chinas military a serious threat?...

Not if, but when will World War 3 begin, over what, and why?

Do you agree that no Vietnam Veterans were spit on when returning from Vietnam?
Source": Urban Legend about Vets getting spit on. I, as a Veteran from 1969 to 1975, do here by tell all the truth...."The Vietnam Vets want all to feel sorry for them so they made the ...

With all this WAR going on in the middle east does anyone thinks there will be a DRAFT?

Please tell me where osama bin laden is?

Who will be the next president?

When did ww2 start?

Three thousand American soldiers were killed in Iraq; what punishment would yu suggest for Bush?

Why does everyone diss on the military?
i joined the army 6 months ago and all people do is ask me why i did it. they should be thanking me I am protecting them!...

Why are anti-iraq war people so stupid?
Iraq is a nation holding terrorists. There is nothing illegal about the iraq war. George W Bush is a saint like president. He is a very strong leader. Saddam has links to Al Qaeda there is proof and ...

Why do people have a low opinion on the Armed Forces?
Me myself has a very high opinion on those who are serving in the Armed Forces.

People say bad people should do National Service. Well if I'm not wrong, I'm sure the Armed S...

When do you think World War III will start?

Is it possible that Bush and followers could spark world war 111 ?
Why is always America that tells the world how to behave and not, say, France or Australia or Brazil, or Sweden etc. etc....

Are there U.S soldiers in Korea?
Are there U.S soldiers in Korea? If yes, what are they doing there?...

How come we have bases in other countries but they don't have them here?
I don't understand it, and it irks me that we can own land in other countries and they can't own any here. Yes, I am American, and I'm not exactly proud of it (please no hate. I just ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Monday, December 22, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links