Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Military

What normally happens if you test positive on a random drug test in the army?
Find answers to your legal question.

What normally happens if you test positive on a random drug test in the army?

Additional Details
British Army - Private

asdf104928408kdjr482obthaw
They tell your buddy to piss in a cup for you because they ain't lookin to kick anyone out right now. Let's hope your buddy doesn't smoke buddha, and that you're not called upon to be the buddy pisser.

Mike R
Rating
Dishonorable discharge in most cases i have heard of

S Csparky
your out on you A**

C
You will do a few months in colchester then you will be discharged dishonourably.

holeeycow
you get arrested thrown out of the army with a dishonorable discharged and thrown in prison.

namsaev
Rating
First test -- You get retested to verify the validity of the first test.

Second test -- This depends on your rank. Punishments vary. It's usually more severe the higher up you are. Definitly not like the outside world.

ORB
you get voted president of the USA twice

SGT. D
Rating
In the USA it's like this-E1 to E4; Article 15, fine, extra duty, Reduction of pay grade, drug and alcohol counseling.
E5 and up: Pack your S.H.I.T, cause you are all done Baby!!!

Steve F
Court Martial

"The Army policy on illegal drugs is quite clear - they are incompatible with military service and will not be tolerated.

Automatic discharge

The Royal Highland Fusiliers were last compulsory drug tested in June 2006, when only one sample came back positive.

But the MoD stressed that statistics underline drug misuse is less prevalent among service personnel than among civilians.

Positive rates in the Army over the last four years averaged around 0.7%, compared with more than 5% in civilian workplace drug testing programmes in the UK, according to a spokesman.

The soldiers were caught earlier this year when the barracks was sealed off and drug testing carried out company by company.

It is understood one soldier is facing an automatic discharge because he tested positive on a previous occasion, while the remainder are fighting to save their careers.

Mary D
Pissing hot...not a good thing. You'll get a dishonorable discharge. Guess what, that will affect your credit rating, and will be on all records for job interviews and such. If you did this, good job at ruining your life to get high.

Sundu4u
I will be Sacked or fired :)

dreamer
Rating
well my son's father got an dishonorable discharge. And that is not a good thing. Plus it also depends on what drugs you come up postive for too. Because with pot my ex tested three times positive and then was sent for treatment than got pissed again and came up hot for coke. And was thrown out. You only get the times to comes up hot

srracvuee
Rating
the sack i reckon

Hesperia
Rating
Secondary drug test to insure the first was correct and that poppy seeds in your diet weren't showing a false positive for opium.

Then expulsion I assume

not singing the yahoo tune
Rating
you should be facing F252 actions

cahscout
your out dishonorably disharged, as you should be

tommycyclops
Rating
you get kicked out

Mike T
Rating
Instant dismissal. No references supplied by your Comanding Officer. Seen it happen a few times!

Raya
Rating
instant dishonerable discharge. unlucky dude! u leave without your pension :(

Just Me
Rating
It's the brig for you!!

gib000
Rating
Usually the drug is marijuana. The punishment is demotion usually not get kicked out.

**Amycakes**
Rating
u get chucked out i guess

francis f
depending on the level in your system and the type of drug it can range from garrison nick to colchester to discharge so if your a smack head your looking at a few months colly then discharge

CLIVE H
If a serving soldier tests positive for drugs in the British Army, I believe there is a set procedure to be followed which might also include a dishonourable discharge.

c-n-s ok
Hope for one havent taken anything.

It depends what it is however, peolpe go to Colchester MCTC, and soldier on, some go and then get discharged.

But in opinion if you take drugs, you should be shot, because i want trust you next to me or anyone else.

Steveh
95% of the answers are correct in some way. You can get CDT'd at any given time. The results come back to the CO. Once he has them the guilty soldiers are either discharged from the Army instantly or given a second bite of the cherry and informed do it again and your out There is no detention given unless you are investigated for supplying with intent if you are one of the user who were caught. It does not depend on the type of drug you have in your system. Drugs are drugs. Why I say this is because when you are first tested you are quite clearly asked have you taken any drugs in the last 30 days, this means any drugs including prescribed drug by the MO, because these do show up on the test. As for getting re-tested, this will only happen if there is doubt or abnormality. Hope this clears that up.

cerrigllwydon
After a period in detention they call you mister and send you home, at your expense!

tynie98
Think it depends on what drug was found in the system british army pretty hard on drug users.

KEN DIGWEED BRAVO THREE ZERO S.A.S.
Rating
you are in the s""it.
dishonourable discharge if your lucky.
military prison if your unlucky.

Vulture38
Recently i have heard of people deliberately failing tests to get out.

As the state is such a nanny these days that nothing really bad will happen to you.

I have heard that now it is possible that you will be given a second chance as there are so many getting kicked out.

Long story short, no matter how stupid you are, you knew what the policy was when you joined. No drugs.

If you can't follow simple instructions then you shouldn't be in in the first place.

If you say all your mates are doing it, get different mates, they don't get paid what you do, and don't have the career and pension that you have access to.

There, rant over.
If that's the plan, do your time, put in your notice and get out. Then get off your t1ts as much as you like.

mgunn
i got out on a general discharge for failing a drug test. also i got 45 and 45, lots of extra duty and restriction to post.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Is Britain heading towards civil war?
due to this multicultural ...

Do you agree with war ?
I do i'm ...

Think there could ever be female Snipers?
I do plan on joining the Marine Corps after high school. I know that Marines don't allow female Does anybody think that it could change in the future?...

Can you wish a soldier a happy birthday?
I'm asking this question because I'm a young soldier still in (IET) Initial Entry Training. My birthday is April 12, 1987. I just feel a little depressed that I'm stuck on post for my 2...

War between uk and france... who would win?

Why do so few of our elected officials in Washington have sons or daughters serving in the military?

Is there any difference between terrorism by the IRA in the 70's and today's problems.?
In other word are we not the problem because once again we are in someone else's ...

Well I just completed my tour in Iraq does any one care?????

Do you think Iran will attack Israel on Aug 22nd?

Should US stop its war in Iraq and order the complete withdrawal of its troops there?
And concentrate and use its resources to control its financial and economic problems. To take care of its back yard, so to speak.
Additional Details
Thank you for all your answers. I ...

Do you support our men and women in uniform ?
I do not think our sevice personel are getting th support they deserve.
Additional Details
Join My Yellow Ribbon Group And Show
The World You Support Our Troops.http://groups.yahoo....

Would you marry a Soldier if you knew he would go to war?
I am engaged to a US Army Soldier. I know that in the next 4 years he will be going to Iraq. Would you marry a soldier if you knew he would be going to iraq.
Additional Details
I just ...

Do liberals and democrats hate the fact that we are winning the war in Iraq?
Here's some of the things they'll say:

1) We're not winning.
2) Things will get worse.
3) Bush lied

The next thing they'll start saying is that ...

Which is your favourite weapon?

Should it be mandatory for all US born men to spend a maximum?
of 3-4 years serving military time??...

How many of u regret the act of Hiroshima n Nagasaki. Did u people make any effort to stop making of atom bomb

If they had a draft in America how could I dodge it?????????

Additional Details
france is ...

Can you be anti-war and still support the troops?
By supporting the troops, you're technically supporting the acts of war being committed. What do you think?
Additional Details
I see. We should definitely strive to bring them home....

What made the roman army so good?

Should the USA cut the F22?
President Obama wants to cut the program as too expensive.

I say he is out of his mind.
Additional Details
http://www.csmonitor.com http://www....

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links