Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Military

What will happen if you dont pass your pt test do you get to take it over or do you not get into the army?
Find answers to your legal question.

What will happen if you dont pass your pt test do you get to take it over or do you not get into the army?

heather s
You'll be held back (either in the inprocessing battalion, or in basic, depending on which test you don't pass). Don't worry too much, though. Just work hard, and don't get complacent about PT. I'm the least athletic person I know, but as long as my unit did good PT and I put a lot of effort into it, I was able to pass. Good luck to you!

Miss Fix It
Rating
Plenty of people start off in the Army not being able to run a lap, let alone a two-mile. Get to the track or the gym, drink water and eat your veggies, and you'll do fine.

☆★ ArmyWife ★☆
Rating
My recruiters lied about my pt test so I could get in. I didn't even take one.

Once you're in the army, all the stuff they make you do makes it pretty easy to pass. Only the last PT test counts in order to graduate basic training. And even if you don't pass the last one, you just keep trying until you do.

Charlie
Rating
It depends on where you go to basic, your chain of command within your training unit, etc. For example, I went to basic at Ft. Jackson. We did an initial diagnostic PT test test known as a "1-1-1" (one minute of push-ups, one minute of sit-ups, and a timed one mile run) and half of the company failed miserably (myself included). However, no one was put in a PT Unit (aka: Fat Camp). However, with the same battalion, another company sent all it's 1-1-1 failures to fat camp. You go there for 2 weeks until you can pass your 1-1-1.
Now if you fail a PT Test while on active duty in the army, you have 90 days retest and pass. If you fail 3 PT Test with little or no improvement, the rule of thumb is to begin a chapter packet, but this is again dependent on so many x factors such as how badly you failed, your chain of command, unit SOP, etc etc

Solarice
Rating
PORK CHOP PLATOON!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

If the Somali pirates are so desperate and impoverished how do they afford shoulder launch missiles and guns?

Why don't we just pay the pirate ransom?
… and when we have our captain back safely, destroy the virus pirate fleet. In fact, why not print up bogus American dollars, pay off all the pirates to get all hostages back, and then turn them into ...

What are some things Stonewall Jackson is famous for?
i need to know a few things he was famous for for and oral book report. i read a book on him but it wasnt my type of book. i just couldnbt follow it. so if anyone can help i would thank you....

Do they teach you Military tactics at OCS?
Including leadership skills? Because I will be graduating College soon and joining, and let me tell you this, I have NO idea about Military organization and tactics at all, do they teach you that ...

Question About The ARMY AKO website?
I was given a list of army websites from my recruiter and I am not able to get on the websites. One of them is the AKO website. Can someone please tell me why this is happening...

The list ...

Why can't we just bomb the crap out of the pirates now, kill the captain (worth to send a strong message)?

Additional Details
because giving them what they want, ransom, safe passage, will only give them more reasons for more ...

What US Navy jobs offer the best chances of becoming a Flag Officer?
Yeah, I understand being a flag officer is not something that will happen in 5 years and it is not guaranteed and a lot of work must be put in. My question is simply which job makes more Flag O...

In AF pararescue "indoc"...?
Do most of the trainees' when doing the swimming portion swim every 2 stroke, 4 stroke, 6 stroke etc...? (meaning, how many strokes do they take before they lift there head for air) Im leave ...

Has Obama figured out that he is Commander in Chief yet?
Or is he still waiting for the Teleprompter to tell him what to do?...

How do I go about become a Navy Rescue Swimmer!!!?
I enlisted into the navy for 4 years as an AO(avation ordananceman) I am bound for bootcamp in November 3rd im trying to get that pushed up but with the navy being over manned its very hard. But I ...

Can you apply to Navy OCS with a community college degree?

Can i both go to college and army at the same time?
I want to be an active army in the morning and want to go to college at night.. For the financial aid, would the army pay for all my tuition? It would be about 69000 dollars and.. what kind of ...

Anyone familiar with veterans benefits for surviving spouses? Is mom elgible for up to $1000 a month for care?
I heard there is a Veteran's benefit for surviving spouses of up to $1000 a month towards the cost of in home care. YES, I KNOW I CAN CALL THE V.A. I have tried that. On hold for loooong time. A...

I want to join the usmc how hard is it to get a green card and how long will i have to wait before i can get?
One as im not an american ...

My g/f joined the marines?
and now im startin to feel like shes more of a man than i am, shes currently in afghan and half her unit has gotten hurt..... how should i dump her ***...

Is it O.K. to say Thank You to our service men and their familys here?
They put themselves on the line for us.
Additional Details
If no one says it , or asks about it, no one does it. Being educacted doe'snt make one liberal....

Im 17, I want to join the Marines with a GED. I have family currently in, just fell behind in school.?
Ok so my dad deployed with the National Guard a few years back, came back and my parents divorced. Hard struggles since. Fell behind in school due to lack of "discipline" if you will. Minor ...

Did the Navy go around Obamas only shoot if hes in "immediate danger" order? Obama was holding them back?
I think they had to to rescue the captain. I dont think Obama handled this well. Kudos to the Navy and the SEALs for doing what they had to. im just saying take a good look at the entire story. Obama ...

Marriage process while at DLI?
I've googled but haven't found much. My boyfriend is at DLI and will be there four another year. Is there a special process while at DLI? I've heard about a 12 week course before or ...

Is it illegal for a member of the military to attend a protest?
I'm just wondering if its illegal for someone in the military to go to a protest? Like the "tea party" on the 15th....

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Wednesday, November 26, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links