Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Military

What would happen if a nuclear bomb hit L.A?
Find answers to your legal question.

What would happen if a nuclear bomb hit L.A?

What would happen if a nuclear bomb hit L.A? ( please no terminator answers) this is a serious question . and what would happen to the area surrounding LA . What would be the consequences to the country that did it ?...

ochimo444
Rating
It would kill millions of people and make about 100 square miles around the city uninhabitable for decades.

MikeyintheOC
Rating
Here you go have fun

JMB
Rating
There would be massive devastation, the radioactive fallout would contaminate soil and water for miles. Which would destroy crops and the wind would spread the contamination east destroying cattle, farm land, and grazing land as well. Many of the population would die immediately, those that did not would die in a short time and it would not be pretty. Others that were on the fringe of the blast would die of starvation, or radiation poising because of the contaminated food and water.

Kaz
Rush hour would be a b*tch

Freemason AF & AM
Effects of a Nuclear Explosion Damage caused by nuclear explosions can vary greatly, depending on the weapon’s yield (measured in kilotons or megatons), the type of nuclear fuel used, the design of the device, whether it’s exploded in the air or at earth’s surface, the geography surrounding the target, whether it’s winter or summer, hazy or clear, night or day, windy or calm. Whatever the factors, though, the explosion will release several distinct forms of energy. One form is the explosive blast. Other forms are direct nuclear radiation and thermal radiation. And then there’s radioactive fallout — not exactly energy released by the explosion, but still a destructive result.

Explosive Blast- Much of the damage inflicted by a nuclear explosion is the result of its shock wave. There are two components to a blast’s shock wave. First, there’s the wall of pressure that expands outward from the explosion. It is this pressure, measured in psi (pounds per square inch), that blows away the walls from buildings. A typical two-story house subjected to 5 psi would feel the force of 180 tons on the side facing the blast. (Download the Quicktime movie entitled house to see an example of a building subjected to this type of pressure.) Additionally, the blast creates a 160 mile-an-hour wind. And that’s only at 5 psi. The wind speed following a 20 psi blast would be 500 mph!

Direct Nuclear Radiation- A nuclear detonation creates several forms of nuclear, or ionizing, radiation. The nuclear fission (atom splitting) and nuclear fusion (atom combining) that occur to produce the explosion release, either directly or indirectly, neutrons, gamma rays, beta particles, and alpha particles. Neutrons are heavy particles that are released from atoms’ nuclei. These tiny “missiles” can easily penetrate solid objects. Another penetrating form of radiation is gamma rays, which are energetic photons. Both of these types of radiation can be deadly. Beta and alpha particles are less dangerous, having ranges of several meters and several centimeters, respectively. Alpha particles can cause harm only if they are ingested.

As for what would happen to the country that attacked the United States...It is in my personal opinion they would be wiped off the face of the earth. Iraq was "supposed" to be such a dangerous country with "weapons of mass destruction" however, it took the United States only 48 hours to take it over.

Every city in the U.S. would be in jeopardy.

<3
it will look like Hiroshima Nagasaki and Chernobyl

P.S. Chernobyl explosion happened 20 years ago, however no one still lives in the area, and even though people were evacuated from the effected area next day or so after the explosion, they still keep dying from blood cancer, brain and breast cancer.

On 26 April 1986 at 01:23:44 a.m. (UTC+3) reactor number four at the Chernobyl plant exploded. Further explosions and the resulting fire sent a plume of highly radioactive fallout into the atmosphere and over an extensive geographical area. Four hundred times more fallout was released than had been by the atomic bombing of Hiroshima.

bubba
Lawrence Livermore National has a simulation model you can use to find out called HotSpot

https://www-gs.llnl.gov/hotspot/

pieappl
Well first, L.A. would blow up.

This would seriously damage those who are in L.A. at the time.

This would lower the amount of gamblers and smokers, hurting the economy.
Also, it would cause radiation to radiate (duh) for many miles, killing most people in CA.

It might also cause severe seismic activity, which could actually make California split in twain (two).

The U.S., which invaded a country because it had oil, would doubtless go to war with any country that had destroyed one of their largest money-making cities.

Final Result: Nuclear Winter.

Reid T
I would like to comment on what magneto said..... nukes can cause a shitload of damage maybe the actual diameter of the explosion would be a few kilometers wide and the radiation would sprread and cause alot of california to be inhabitable but....it would not wipe out half of the US you retard.

Alencia
it would stop existing. no life, everyone dead, explosion would cause major distruction of all buildings and sites.

Awon P
Rating
well ide first get medication for your paranoia, then ask my self how the crap a nucleur missle could get the radar and ground to air missles?

Julian D
There'd be a giant explosion and a lot of people would die. The places surrounding it who didnt die in the explosion would get radiation poison and turn green, then die. Well it would actually depend on the direction of the wind. The country that did it would probably get nuked.

Jorge
A nuclear bomb? That would mean immediate retaliation by the U.S. army, not with troops, but with bombs. Attacking U.S. soil is considered an open act of warfare, and unlike a terrorist attack, a nuclear bomb would have much higher destruction and would could cause nuclear fallout (if the opposing country has multiple nuclear weapons like the U.S.)

fletcher219
Rating
Hey, it also has a chance of starting earthquakes along the San Andreas fault if it hits the right area.

Improper Bostonian-Obama!
I think it would just smell worse than it already does.

I Love Moneyyyyyyy!!!!
Rating
no more gangs

Justin1241
well southern Cal would be pretty much dead.

Frankie M
Rating
There would be a lot of dead people.

magneto239
Rating
a nuclear bomb would wipe out half of america and i'm sure we would go to war with the country that did it

Gerardo M
BLOW UP IN UR FACE HAHA!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

World War II?
Chose between statement A and B, Then say which continent you're from. its for a project I'm doing on global education for school. Thanks if you help :-)

A) The U.S.A won world ...

Do you believe America is a war mongering nation?
I always hear our president claim we want to live in a peaceful world, yet we have a huge military and have been at war almost non-stop since we were founded....

How much weight do people lose during military basic training?

Would this wake up liberals to the muslim menace?
Seems the news is reporting that many school systems are getting this types appplying to drive school buses etc. Will a Beslin style school bombing finally wake up the left? Or will they cheer the ...

Do you think we will see World War III in our life time?

Should Bush be on trial for all the innocent dead Americans and Iraqi people?
i am sure more iraqi's have been killed by the u.s. invasion then by saddam, this leaves a big question was it worth it.
remember the war started on lies no wepons of mass destruction have ...

Why should the US and other nuke powers be allowed to have weapons and Iran not allowed to build them?
Shouldn't the UN vote sanctions on all nuclear powers, and if Israel has nuclear weapons shouldn't muslim nations be allowed to build weapons in the spirit of detente and MAD....

This war has gone on long enough, and have you noticed all the 18 to 25 young men dieing, they are not ready.?
Every evening I watch the news hour with Jim Leher, and every evening at the end of the show, he shows the pictures and ages of the young men who have died in Iraq. If you took a poll, the majority ...

What are the three names in the Trenity?

Is it true that being in combat is just like playing video games?
What are the similarities?...

Do you think WWIII will happen during your lifetime?
Do you think it will reach American soil ever? Do you think it is possible for another country to come to our land and invade us?...

Why haven't liberals been congratulating Jeb Bush's son for going into the navy?

Additional Details
I spent 22 years in the navy.

His first assignment is a school for new intelligence officers. The school is a year long....

What can i send my squaddie boyfriend for xmas in iraq?

If, in the long run, we're all dead...aren't Concentration Camps a good way for body disposal?

Question for Brits?
What are we supposed to do? Are we supposed to just ask them how they plan to kill us?
Additional Details
In relation to ...

Who agrees with SUPPORT OUR TROUPS NOT THIS WAR??
i got stickers made for my vehicle with this saying on it cuz i dont agree with the war but im behind the troops 100%. expecially my fiance who is over there.
Additional Details
im just ...

What branch of the U.S.A millitary should I Join?
I'm 17 and next year I'll be out of high school and in the real world.I just dont know if i should join USMC or USAF.I'm really smart but I want 2 join the marines because i'm ...

How many people do you know that are serving in the U.S military?

Protesters?
I would like to know why protesters think they have the right to desicrate our soldiers by protesting at their funerals, or protesting any soldier at any time? honest answers, please!
A...

Are you considered less of soldier for not having a front line role?
Like being mechanic or a driver.
Or any other trade....

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Monday, October 20, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links