Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Military

When can you live off base in the military?
Find answers to your legal question.

When can you live off base in the military?

Additional Details
My boyfriend is waiting to leave boot camp he graduates May 21st. Then he is off the "A" school in Texas for 2 months. After that he will get his first station. When that happens he wants me to move in with him and eventually marry me. So is that possible as an E-2?

Am
Which branch? Then you could be told specific pay grade.

SIngle it's generally when you reach NCO. Unless you have special permission to do otheriwse. Like if they run out of room this sometimes happens. You may also single if you have a dependent that lives with you.

Married you can do so after basic training and MOS school. When you reach your first duty station.

Edit- If you are planning on getting married anyway I would suggest doing it before he leaves. You will get an ID and insurance while he is at basic and A school. Then when he gets his duty station they will either move you or pay to move you, your choice. As married you guys will be guaranteed to live on post (if space is avaible) or off post with a housing allowance.

HollyyMarie
Rating
it depends
my fiance lives off base and he's an E4
he had to get permission from his commander to live off base
he's been off base for almost 2 months now

usually its E5 and higher, but it really does depend

hollyy

oldmarine08
Rating
When you are married or if single when you reach NCO status!

lconnor65
Rating
Not likely has an E2 until he is married. He will not qualify for BAH.

All he can do is ask his chain of command. Usually if they are hurting for space in the barracks/dorms they start with the senior ranking first.

If you aren't married before he gets to his first duty station keep in mind you will have to pay your own moving expenses etc.

alexander m
Rating
you can right off the bat if you want. you'd have to pay for it out of your own pocket though. if you mean when do u start to draw bah, depends on where your stationed. some hospitol units draw it right off the bat. MOST units however you'll get BAH at either e-5 or e-6 or whenever you get married.

NWIP
For the Navy it is E5 or higher in order to live off base before marriage and get BAH w/o dependents. If he is based on a ship then he will sleep on the ship. He can spend some nights at your place if you live there but he will not get BAH to help with the rent. They will also not pay to move your things there, you will not qualify for housing, you will not have base access unless you are married. He can also get orders to an overseas (OCONUS) location for 2 years and he wont live off base then either.

Crys G
My fiance is in the Air Force, and just made Senior Airman. They were already planning to allow him to live off base, but the fact that we are getting married really soon kinda seals the deal. He also has a few buddies there with him that aren't married and live off base. The reason for them being allowed to do so is because they have dependents. Check into it by asking someone else who is in the military, or if you are, then ask your superior to specify.

Kaz
When you are married or you become E-5 or above.

EDIT: You will have to get married first, then move in with him. As long as there is no marriage certificate, he will be in the barracks. Good luck

Rating
when you are married or e6 or higher

Alphasigma
Rating
Global and/or international issues:
Viruses can't be stopped by political or economic borders!

Bacteriological/Biological weapons:

The mutant swine-flu virus was modified in a clandestine laboratory to make it affect humans.
That was in an extraterritorial lab base in Cuba. They have bacteriological/biological warfare programs controlled by... (X).?
( The US military must know )
( Cuba is a puppet island, used by narco-terrorists to smuggle drugs into Florida and to destabilize Latin american countries.)

The man-made mutant virus was used as a terrorist attack against Mexico!!!

but,
who is running Cuba?
Obviously it's not the puppet government of the elder Castro brothers!
Who then?
I will let you think about it.
They hate Mexico!
and also they might be behind the narco-violence in Mexico's northern borders ( but not in Cancun, because Cancun is closer to Florida )
Terrorist cells in Cuba and Florida are in a watch list.

joystick316
Rating
when u want, i think

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Navy Question .?
What kind of physical training should i prep myself before i join the navy... im 21 years old. 150 lbs. and can swim.

please serious answers only.
Additional Details
Thankyou R...

Us air force combat controller?
does a usaf cct do more than air Traffic control and call in air strikes. like conduct raid do recon and direct ...

How likely is it for me to get into West Point? What will I need to do?
I'm a 15 year old freshman in Ohio attending a public school. I play sports: football, basketball, and track. I'm not worried about the physical part at all. It's just ive been reading ...

Information On Command&Control Electrician MOS USMC?
Hello, I was wondering if someone can give me more information on how this MOS goes. For instance, How long school is? Is the training hard? Good MOS for someone planning on staying for 20 years?

Whats the requirements to be a sniper in the British Infantry?

Can Officers in Army join SAS?
I am aware that you must be selected and the training etc.
Just wondered whether this was possible and if the selection process is any harder?...

Updated Orders to the Sentry?
I have a version of the Orders to the Sentry (Navy) and it is OPNAVINST 3120.32C and that was written in April 1994. Is there a more recent version and where can I find it? 15 years seems a long time ...

Would it be possible for the military to create a invincible defense shield?
Is it just to complicated or we just don't know where to start?...

How long after AIT do I recieve my Bonus?
I shipped off to BCT on 28AUG08 and graduated AIT on 27MAR09. It is now 27APR09 and I am really needing my bonus. I let my unit know this as soon as I reported to them. Being independent is quite ...

Can, or do, you still get into Juarez once in a while?

The Coldstream Guards are they based in london?
are they based in london all the time or where is the ...

MEPS and undergarments question..?
Are these acceptable? (because everything else I own I know isn't acceptable because of print or because of style.)

http://www.kohls.com/koh...

What are the requerment of joining the airforce?
I want to work on airplanes for a main job, so I want to join the air force to help me in that subject.
Also I just had knee surgery, are the air force strict about that kinda thing?
A...

Im joining the navy very soon and i want to know how i could make the most money?
i saw how much my recruiter makes, and it comes no where near how much i will be making. is he not telling my something? what kind of extra pay is there?...

Promotion question USMC?
I went to bootcamp (USMC) Dec 1, 2008 and it takes 6 months time to become PFC.will I get promoted to PFC May 1 or after my 6th month of service (june 1)...

Are there any military law experts, specifically Air Force, that are willing to answer a question objectively?
It involves a general court martial and it's a long story, but I am willing to tell everyone willing to listen, objectively. My goal is to find a way to help this wrongly accused SSgt. Take ...

Will i ever get into the military?
i am applying for the coast guard right now and i screwed up right from the get go by telling them that i had asthma as a child i was cleared of it many years ago and provided the proper ...

Tell me about national guard?
How is boot camp? How long is boot camp? How hard is it? Etc.

Tell me all about your expieriences in the National Guard. I mean the part-time job where you can go to college and stuff.

If you sign a new MOS in Iraq what will your bonus be?
If you change MOS while in Iraq what is the average bonus given while deployed? Is it best to resign while oversea? ( Army )...

Underage drinking in the AF?
I'm just wondering about the underage drinking situation in the air force. I'm shipping out in a few months, and I do drink from time to time. I will be living in the barracks, lets say I ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Friday, April 25, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links