Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Military

When using the priority mail boxes sending to military in afghanistan, do I need a customs form?
Find answers to your legal question.

When using the priority mail boxes sending to military in afghanistan, do I need a customs form?

I normally send a "plain" box to my boyfriend in Afghanistan, After reading the message boards, i started using the priority mail boxes from the Military care kit. The postal worker said that I didn't need a customs form, Is that correct, i have always had to use one before.

NWIP
Rating
Yes you will need to fill out the white customs form, including his address, your address and a general idea of what is in the box. IT is required for all boxes going overseas weighing over 2 lbs

Butterfly
Rating
I've always had to use a customs form when sending something to military overseas.

ckamk1995
Rating
Yes, everything going to Iraq or Afghanistan or anywhere else overseas requires a customs form. However you will only pay the same rate as if you were shipping anywhere else in the USA.

crash and burn
The postal worker is not correct. You HAVE to have a customs form when sending any package overseas. If not the people at customs have no idea what is in the box and it may or may not be opened and inspected which could result in him never getting the package or items may go missing.

Mrsjvb
yes customs forms are still required.

It's What Plants Crave
Rating
Yes, but if you are mailing from a military base you can send MPS free of charge. You need customs form on everything that is going over seas or to a different country.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Why are Nuclear Weapons use full to military forces?
I have that they helped end WWII.

I just need one more reason!!!

please help before i go ...

Could conditions similar to Hogan's Heroes really have took place?
In WWII could it have been possible for ally soldiers to casually live like Hogan and his buddies lived in a POW camp and have opportunities to sabotage the Nazi war machine like in the TV show?...

How do I terminate my lease to move in military housing with my husband?
I've recently signed a lease for an apartment in Chicago. The reason I did this is because my husband is in the military and he was given orders to train in Wisconsin, then report to Peru. We ...

Why were Americans in Vietnam for the Vietnam war? and How did American get involve?

Would I be able to achieve my BSN while active duty in the air force?
So I want to be a nurse in the air force, but that requires me to get my BSN. I was on the live chat talking to a recruiter and they said that I would have to go active duty and school part time when ...

US Marine Corps Pride?
Being a Marine seems to be a thing that Marines take a great amount of pride in. Do you think that Marines who are not in direct combat roles (like Infantry) are less of Marines and have less right ...

Name the pakistan based terror organizations?

Military Aviation Chances?
In your opinion what branch would be the least difficult to get into aviation? Fixed Wing Aviation

I am thinking
1. Air Force
2. Navy
3. Marine Corps
4. Army
Army ...

Is terrorism currently a harder target for intelligence agencies than the USSR was during the coldwar?
and if so how and why?...

Is this a good score?
My son got a 84 on the ASVAB with a 128 for GT and a 122 on CO, the recruiter said it was good but I would like to know from other people that have took the test. He is hoping to sign a 18X contract.<...

How much money does a army fighter pilot make?
a ...

What is the 2nd Lt in the marines?? E-??????

Additional Details
or o something?? i dont no what it ...

Would type 2 diabetes prevent your enlistment in the army?
i'm on diet control and have never been on medication.
Additional Details
i've been cleared to join by a doctor. it doesn't spike anymore now that i'm in shape....

Seperation authority ar 635-200 para 5-13 separation code jfx?
What do I need to fix this to get back into service?...

Im kind of scared of joining the navy .?
i've heard so many different pros and cons that it has me in a daze .
i want to be active though im not sure what to actually get into when im already there . also is it true that when you ...

Should I join the Navy or Air Force?
Im currently a senior in high school and want to join the military. But I cant decide between the Navy or the Air Force. I really want to travel but im not sure if i can handle being on a ship for ...

What is the most intense military training in the USA?

Is the U.S. Military Simply Incompetent?
Or are they effectively engaged in terrorizing a population in order to achieve the appropriate "shock and awe" that will allow for them to realize the imperialist desires of America's ...

Can the NEW GI Bill.....?
Hello. I am an Army wife, my husband has been in for 9 years. He does qualify for the new GI Bill benefits but we were wondering if the GI Bill can pay off MY old student loans?
Any info is ...

Question about flat feet?
Hi, I'm in a hurry so I'll make this quick. Can I be a Marine if I have flat feet? How can I tell if I have flat feet (stupid question, but I'll read answers when I get back.)

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Tuesday, October 21, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links