Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Military

Which military branch would you choose, Navy or Coast Guard?
Find answers to your legal question.

Which military branch would you choose, Navy or Coast Guard?

These are the only two I see that are cool, in my opinion.

Navy - subs, aircraft, boats and that sweet technology!
Coast Guard - save lives, drug traffic control, and immigration.

I am joining Navy but I think after that, trying coast guard. What are your views?
Additional Details
If it isn't part of the military then how the hell can you cross from Navy into CG and keep rank? Wiki it and it is an Armed Force.... Homeland Security... isn't that Defense? not really a depratment but defense none the less.

prvrbs31gal
It depends on what you want to DO... it seems to me that the job opportunities are much more varied in the Navy... (and no, not all Navy have to serve on ships, by the way).

Also, where do you want to GO? Again, more opportunities with the Navy... but those opportunities also include war zones.

D.O...
Rating
I personally prefer the Marines, I plan on enlisting in a few years. Mainly because they're "the best of the best", their training/boot-camp is hardest of all the branches and their branch is the smallest of all, and they're also Air,Sea and Land, they're the first to fight, last to leave. Another reason I want to be a Marine is because my grandfather was a Marine, served during Vietnam.

burke23chris
Rating
USMC

If going to serve might as well be with the best.

sonyack
Rating
Navy and Marines [been in both] have the best food. In the Navy, you don't get to hunker down in foxholes, and you don't get to hump your butt carrying a ton of stuff for miles and miles, and you don't get to limp around with blisters from that, and you don't get to sleep in tents, etc. as you do in the Marines.

But the Navy is nuts for cleaning and shining having every little thing in its proper place. But living conditions are better.

D
Unless your going in the SEALS I wouldnt exactly call it "cool". Dont get me wrong, anyone in the Military is a great American and doing the right thing; but you cant choose one branch over another because one actually does the fighting and the others sit on boats hundreds/thousands miles away w/ some missles. Saying that, w/o the Navy the US Military couldnt be what it is today, do what you want to do.
--
Im going w/ the Marines next year

Roger N
Rating
I would say the Navy.
I haven't heard of any Navy getting stationed in Kodiak, Alaska.

forgivebutdonotforget911
Rating
During peace time, (non-declared war) the Coast Guard is part of Homeland Security and not part of the Department of Defense. So technically, it is not part of the military.

If you want to join the MILITARY, join the Navy.

Jack
Rating
Navy kicks a**

They have the SEALs and they are the one of the best SF in the world

xtraudinair
Coast Guard.

Tyler
Rating
Navy. The navy is the best way to get up to the front lines, (if your into that). But if you are looking for a more sparsely populated branch of the military, the coast guard is the way to go.

the archer
My husband was in the Navy, so I choose the Navy.

warriorkid22
If I were u I'd go with the Coast Guard because you will always have land in your sight. While in the Navy u lose sight of land for months at a time.

Sting2Death
an nongovernmental organization that targets drug lords , drug sellers , rapists , murderers , and other villainous people.

But not controlled by the government self controlled...

tap158
Rating
As a retired Navy DAV I chose the Navy

mustangsally76
Rating
The Coast Guard doesn't take prior enlisted to if are interested in the CG you need to do that first. My brother is CG. He really loves it. He was stationed at Yorktown, VA for 5 years and is now cross training into Search and Rescue. He's had a blast! He's been all over the Caribbean, up the east coast and back and let me tell you coffee from Columbia kicks ***! But, Navy is awesome too!
I can't believe that you don't think that the AF is cool. There is nothing cooler than airplanes. Of course, I am a little biased since my husband is AF! Good luck! i think either way you go you're going to have a good time and have a great career.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Military base commissaries??
the baggers at the comm here work for tips. what is the proper way to tip them and do you have to tip them if your bill is only like 5 bucks because you ran in for 2 or 3 things and if you do have ...

What happens if you become injured during Army basic training?

I just found out my recruit cheated on me. He's at bootcamp. What to do?
I am currently expecting a child with my fiancee of almost 4 years. He left for bootcamp at the end of january and will be back at the end of April. We are supposed to be getting married on his ten ...

If a man in the military is married to a married woman and she's filed against the ex can they get in trouble?
I'm asking mainly if a woman commits polygamy to a man in the military, and has filed divorce against her 1st husband while married to the military man, can the recent couple get in trouble even ...

POLL for Germans only: Above or Below ground atomic detonation?
Which one can I count on to completely destroy the cave of an evil little Suffolkian bear?...

Are the people in the armed forces dieing for their country, or the people running the country?
We need to think about this.
Additional Details
Oh I'm sure it's deeper than just the President. Someone has to reap the effects of trial and error, mistakes, and people who ...

Military & spouses?
Please answer honestly. Have you or your spouse ever cheated on each other during a deployment?
I heard the divorce rate is at an all time high for military & the frequent deployments have a ...

Will it be good move to join marines...if?
i smoke weed like 17 times in my live im 18 years old turning 19 on the 24 of august but havent smoke it in like 4 months i also was peer pressure to smoke meth one time in my live this was like 7 ...

Do you believe most of our troops will be out of Iraq by 2010 and future deployments will be much shorter?

How can i get in boot camp?
I want to go to boot camp to get in shape but don't you have to do something bad to get in?...

Is America equipped to fight a war against any other country in the world?
We have great weapons and great technology. This question is only based on country vs. country. Not WWIII....

All false patriotism aside, what are your true thoughts on the current war in the middle east?
Where do you stand, and why? Do you think we sould be leaving soon, or should we stay forever? Should we unleash the heavy artilary, or ban all military weapons. What is your position?...

I was recently in the States (ND) for the first time and I noticed something?
On the highways, I noticed over passes pretty much every 2 miles. I'm assuming it has something to do with the military. Also, I saw round marks on the grass and some of those areas were ...

How is it wrong for terrorists to kill soldiers?
The entire premise of military action is killing is justified in warfare. They did declare war -- a holy war -- but a war nonetheless. We kill them, they kill us. They declare war on us and we ...

What do you think would happen if all of the american soldiers came home?
Not just in Iraq, but here also.Since there will be a lot more men and woman home....

Should I join ROTC in college?
I am going to be attending UMD in the fall as a fire protection engineer. My mother is paying for my full tuition there, however, I don't want her to. Army or Airforce ROTC look like 2 good ...

What will happen to the world, if Israel has accesses to the atomic nukes?

Anyone in the Army?
Is there an age limit for active duty to live in the dorms. For example, if you are over 35 can you still live in the barracks?...

I was thinking about go to the military what branch should i go?
i wanted to either join the national guard or the marine ...

Is War good or bad???

Additional Details
when it involves guns,tanks,helicopters,etc....

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Wednesday, July 30, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links