Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Military

Who to report to after getting married?
Find answers to your legal question.

Who to report to after getting married?

I just gradurated Apr 24 at Marine Corps Recruit Depot San Diego. I just got married and have 24 days of leave. Who do i inform about my marriage. I heard i have to wait until i report in for MCT (Marine Combat Training), but i want to get everything updated asap to avoid future difficulties.
Additional Details
i have to wait 7-10 business days for the marriage cert. dont i need that as proof

whose who
Since your in between duty stations you"ll have to wait till you report for duty and go to the finance office and report your change of marital status and change your beneficiary. As with any of the armed forces branches it only matters to those who fill out the forms and those who keep records.

none
After getting married, you report to your wife.

daisy
I think you were supposed to request permission to get married before hand. But yes tell them as soon as possible and make sure you have a copy of your marriage certificate.

GUMBIE DAHMIT
DO it ASAP do not delay. go to any post or base psd and get your family on the books. You will loose money and if something should happen to you while on leave your Wife is FU zz ucked. No benifits ever. DO IT TODAY.

Greg
Rating
go to your MPF and get her registered in DEERS and go get her an ID card.

amemahoney
Rating
Get everything done now. Undoubtedly, they may screw it up anyway, and there can be long delays with paperwork, so at least get it started. Try to make sure it's taken care of before you go to training.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

I need to lose 1.5 inches off my waist in 6 days for my pt test. Is this possible? Anyways how to?

Multiple waivers for navy?
so i might need a waiver for my slight hearing loss in my left ear and im one point shy for the rating i want on my asvab...will it hurt me if i need waivers for both?...

Would an Air Force recruiter be interested in talking to a 16-year-old?
I am currently 16, however I turn 17 in September, and I will be a Junior during school year 2009-2010. I am interested in exploring my options with the military. I just wasn't sure if they ...

MEPS Physical - What about stitches?
I've been cleared to physical at MEPS. Now I just remembered that I once had stitches in my back where they removed a mole. It was never asked on the form I submitted but should I call and ...

Do you think the U.S. should have entered world war two earlier? why or why not?
i have to lead a presentation involving whether the u.s. should have joined world war two earlier or not...in your opinion why should they have entered it earlier or not? if you have reasons for both ...

In active duty Army, can you build up your leave over time if you don't take your 2.5 days every month?
for example, if I didn't go on leave for 4 months would I be able to go on 10 days of leave? or something like that?...

WHAT WOULD HAPPEN......?
what would happen if you threw a grenade then took your army helmet off and put it over the grenade and stood on your helmet, would you blow up or would the helmet save ...

Will colleges like Harvard and Yale allow ROTC on campuses if Don't Ask Don't Tell is repealed?
Or will they continue their hypocrisy by claiming the military is anti-gay while allowing Taliban spokesmen and Hezbollah apologists to campus?...

What was the importance of the Lusitania to the Allied War Effort (WW1)?

What are all the wars, or engagements, have the U.S Army been in, from first to last?
i would like to know this because its always good to know when your in the army = )...

Poratable Wearable camcorders in the army?
anyone here know if you put portable camcorders like VHoldR to youre helmets while on duty, like in iraq?...

What have been the most devastating wars?

Additional Details
thanks for all the answers:)
i give you all thumbs up

How can i lose 6% body fat for the navy?

What are the contract stipulations for a 92-day contract in the MARINE CORPS?
I capitalized MARINE CORPS becuase i'm not sure if other services have different contracts. Anyway, I am a reservist with a 92-day contract, this upcoming summer I am supposed to go to SOI ...

What should I do to prepare for Air Force Basic?

Tell me a little about the Navy Seal's?
I am planning on joining it in about a year. In that year I am going to dedicate my time on training for it. I know that is physically and mentally rought. Besides does two, what else should I be ...

Long term advantaes for india in the nuclear deal?

Army antidepressant question?
Long story short active duty soldier on celexa not training possibly med boarding are there any duties I can't perform on drugs like these sceduled to pull a lot of staff duty 24 hr shifts just ...

For those Navy sailors out there, got any advice/help?
I've been in the same town that I was born in, a little country town where I find myself wanting to get the hell away from. My sister has a husband in the army, and she has been talking to me ...

How do you say 7:47 PM in military time? would it be nineteen four seven hours?
im off to army boot camp in august and want to know ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Tuesday, September 30, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links