Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Military

Who will win an all-out nuclear war: Russia or US?
Find answers to your legal question.

Who will win an all-out nuclear war: Russia or US?

Additional Details
haha. Australia, very funny. I say China will win. lol.

Seabiscuit
Well, most likely, no one
In terms of radioactive fallout, each nation posesses enough ordnance to eradicate life on earth many times over.

However, to answer your question linearly, it would probably be a draw. The russians were always known to have the most weapons, with the largest warheads. They also had unique delivery systems:
-Typhoon class ballistic missle submarines, each carrying 200 warheads on 20 missiles
-Truck and train transported ICBMs, extremely mobile
-SS 18 Satan ICBM, capable of carrying up to 50 individually targetting warheads

Contrastingly, the Americans focused on using reliable, highly accurate multiple warhead missiles.

The Americans have an operational, if woefully unreliable, missile defense system,(THAAD, Aegis cruiser+Standard, Patriot PAC-3) while the Russians have a single, much older system (A-35 Aldan) utilizing nuclear missiles. And, the Russians have a much larger territory, with fewer inhabitants more spread out.

After that, it's all a matter of luck, as to who is in shelters at the right time, and how those sheltersstand up to attacks, is anyone's guess. I'd like to say, though, that Australia is indeed the safest place to be.

The Positronic Pimp
Rating
DARPA ran hundreds of thousands of computer simulations for every possible SIOP and with sensible estimates of Soviet SIOP.

(SIOP is basically a "nuclear war game plan".)

Their conclusion is that, given the constraints of total nuclear war the results are always the same. There would be no clear "winner" - neither side will be able to eliminate or neutralize the opposing side's nuclear aresenal and delivery systems in time.

Someone once asked Albert Einstein that. His reply? "I do not know what weapons World War III will be fought with, but I know World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

There is no winner in any all-out nuclear conflict.

ioerr
Rating
It's thought an all out nuclear war would produce a nuclear winter as an aftereffect, lasting decades.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_winter

"A global average surface cooling of –7°C to –8°C persists for years, and after a decade the cooling is still –4°C (Fig. 2). Considering that the global average cooling at the depth of the last ice age 18,000 yr ago was about –5°C, this would be a climate change unprecedented in speed and amplitude in the history of the human race. The temperature changes are largest over land ... Cooling of more than –20°C occurs over large areas of North America and of more than –30°C over much of Eurasia, including all agricultural regions."

I'd guess most initial survivors would starve to death, worldwide.

martinse08
Australia

Let sleeping dogs lie
No one wins a nuclear war. That is why we have avoided a third world war for the past 63 years.

Larry H
Rating
neither.

ily
Rating
if it's an all out nuclear war they would both loose.

Ryan
No one. Go rent/download/whatever the movie "Wargames" from the 80's.

chappye7
No One

adam
I would be a "dead-heat".....hahahahahah.

focka
Rating
whoever detonate first will win.

darren b
No one we would all die

the italian idol
quoting einstein is not bright. for one einstein is wrong. no world war has ever been fought with stones nor will there ever be. tribes and gangs maybe but never world war.

redeye069
Everyone dies!

my2cents
Rating
either new zealand or madagascar.

OIFV79
OK Can you say the end of days. Come on why even ask a question that you know all will lose. A nuke war would most likely be global destruction and only rats and termites would win as they have been the only life know to survive a global test sight. So that is who would win.

Silvester
I think Russia because they most likely have more nuclears and U.S. is mostly trying to make advance missils with accuracy.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Would wars be quite so barbaric if leaders had to put members of their own family in the front line.?

Theres a movement now to ban all adult mags on military bases--do you agree or disagree? Is this another?
attempt to legislate morality?

when I was in the AF, the guys (and gals) all read Playboy and Penthouse, etc-----whats the big deal?...

Where you will drop an Atom Bomb?
If you have an atom bomp and a right to drop wherever you like. Where do you drop the Bomb?...

Shall I join the army?
I am 18 and I am miserable, I have considered and tryed committing suicide many times. I wanna run away from my problems and kind of get away from life, do you think joining the army would be the ...

How much is a WWII Nazi Flag worth?
During WWII, when my grandpa was in Berlin, he stole 2 quite large Nazi flags. My grandpa recently passed away and we got the flags. We're thinking of selling them, but we don't know how ...

Why do I think that liberal anti-war folks did this?
http://www.chicagotribun
Marine Sgt. Michael McNulty -- now on his way to Iraq for his second tour of duty in the war -- took ...

If someone has been shooting at you, trying to kill you, is it still WRONG to shoot them in the back?

When you say "Marine Corps" is the 'P' silent?
cause when people say Marine Corps it sounds like they're saying Marine Core....

Patriotic question?
Is anyone as proud to be an American as I am? Our president is doing an amazing job, I'm so glad we have a president is so compassionate towards middle easterners and immigrants, is doing such a ...

If the south had won the civil war what do you think would have changed?
what do you think may have changed differently in the U.S?...

Why does the US military use depleted uranium?

What does the Holocaust have to do with World War 2?
How do these to relate?? What really was the holocaust? how did both of these impact world history?
Additional Details
no im not 12.. i know the concept of my question but i need more of ...

Why does our STUPID president want to kill more of our troops by sending them to Iraq?

Should a surrendering soldier be court-martialed?
This isn't WW2. The odds are stacked one way. Any soldier that surrenders and becomes POW by an Iraqi clearly can't fight his way out of a wet paper bag. If he is not found dead shouldn&#...

Why should veterans be honored?
I think they should be honored because they fought and protected for the U.S.A. What do you think?...

Will we ( Anti war group ) be in trouble when we protest the war with active duty men/women?
I've got over a thousand men/women in the service who will walk/hold signs with me. Some will wear their military uniforms with their hats on backwards and shirts unbuttoned to protest the ...

If i join the marines and dont sign up for infantry can i be deployed to iraq?
Say i sign up for maintance and get it but find out im being deployed could it happen?...

Is it okay to be scared about joining the military?
I'm a 22 year old female getting ready to join the Kansas Army National Guard. I leave Wednesday for MEPS and if all goes well there I plan to leave in September or as soon as I can. I'm ...

Does any body know why are we fighting in irag?

What is the down to earth reason the great United States is losing the Iraq war like Vietnam?

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links