Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Military

Why do soldiers cheat on their spouses when they are deployed??
Find answers to your legal question.

Why do soldiers cheat on their spouses when they are deployed??

Harley
Rating
Due to the fact that...

"What happens downrange stays downrange."

This is not my belief, fyi.

SGT. D
A better question would be "Why do some spouses cheat"
I'm an Army Vet. and so is my Wife, we both know what deployment is, having gone through it. No woman other than the one I married could ever turn my head, deployed or not and the same goes for her. No offense, but If you have a spouse who cheats, seems to me Deary, you married the wrong guy and it doesn't matter what line of work he's in .

Elise
Rating
It's honestly a two way street.
But they cheat because they're lonely, and don't have as much respect and love for their spouse as they should. Sometimes people screw up.
I would hope that he doesn't, but if my navy husband cheats while on cruse to Bahrain this December, I would rather not ever hear about it.
My husband works with a guy that constantly cheats on his wife (while not deployed!) flirts with other women at work, etc...
We usually hang out together as couples, but I could never tell her.
I am not justifying what he does, but she treats him with no respect, and from the second he walks through the door, he is no longer a man, but her little errand boy. So yeah, I think that he cheats so he can feel like a man once in a while.

People do it for a variety of reasons.

I've heard of yet, someone else that received a video of their wife and someone else doing it while he was on cruise! So it's not just the deployed one that cheats. Lol... this same cheater-pants guy that I just mentioned ... said that he knows the perfect way to make sure that his wife doesn't cheat while he's gone... make sure that she's pregnant first.

I dunno... it's a sad, twisted world out there. It's almost like everything and everyone is out to get your marriage.

lovemysoldier
not all soldiers cheat....

Prolan
Men and women have a freedom that was given to us by God its called free will. There is also a thing called temptation that enters as a thought and usually it is connected to mental and physical pleasure of some sort. When a person is presented with a choice to cheat, unless they are "temptation fighters" (someone aware of adversaries and how to stop them in their tracks) its hard for them to say no. In short they need daily spiritual strength and wisdom to overcome selfishness.

ArmyWifey
Not everyone does, those that do would probably cheat at home as well.

Y! Answering Addict ♥
not ALL soldiers cheat on their spouse, and not ALL spouses cheat on their significant other back home. If cheating is present, they shouldn't be married in the first place!

Marty
loneliness on both the wife and husband.

KAR36
It is really tough being in combat and if you don't pay close attention and remember and honor your marriage, I understand it can be a huge challenge not to form strong emotional bonds with new people.

That should not excuse the behavior as they could exercise
discipline and not act that way.

But, I think it is part of the explanation, unfortunately.

jacobella
Some are completely faithful

...not all men cheat. And you dont need to wear a uniform to do it either. Some men cheat on their wives and they come home to them every night.

wrfine
Cause they are so far away and nobody will know unless they say something!!

BrittWray
i thought it was usually the wife that cheated? if the men do its because their pigs..

jackpi21
Rating
Because they can, and also because their wives are cheating on them!

ARMYDOG
Rating
Becasue our spouses cheat on us while we're deployed!!!

Leggy Blonde
Rating
men are like dogs with the tail in the front..........it seems to wag for anyone...

Bob
Rating
Well, if they join the military in the first pace it shows a clear lack of any morality, so why on earth would anyone expect them to remain faithful?

None of ur buisness
Actually over half of the soldiers cheat men or women in uniform and the ones that do cheat there spouses are usually not cheating on them...Soldiers think they can use there uniform to get what they want...They use the excuse that they was not in there right mind when they did it....I honestly think that they know what the hell they are doing and have little regard for themselves or for there spouse that is completely faithful and little regard for there marriage and there children...It takes a grown man or women to stay faithful....I can honestly say i am a faithful army wife and my husband on the other hand is one man that can not stay faithful...

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Does Starbucks support the war and its troops?
Odd question I know, but I read something that said:

Recently Marines in Iraq wrote to Starbucks because they wanted to let them know how much they liked their coffees and to request that ...

Is having a life career in the Military worth it?
ok first lets start off with this... Im 16 yrs old (turning 17 in the summer), and am currently a Junior in highschool. I was looking into enlisting in active duty this summer so I know if i qualify ...

Did the honorable USA Military really do this to innocent people?
KABUL, Afghanistan - A U.S. Marine unit broke international humanitarian law by using excessive force during a shooting spree last month that left 12 people dead.

The troops fired ...

Why did the war in Afghanistan quicky shift to Iraq after 9/11?
& is war still going on in Iraq? I'm confused. Some people say the war was over when Sadaam Hussein got slain. Others say the war is still on....

Military quarters, are they good or are they bad (UK)?
One woman with a few photos of run down quarter and a sob story has the Nation thinking the British Armed Forces don't care living standards. When I lived in quarters the used to do inspections ...

Why can't our special forces and CIA find Osama?
It seems that they have every tool possible at there disposal....

What are your opinions on Ehren Watada, the U.S. soldier refusing to go to Iraq?
He says he can't go to Iraq because the U.S. is acting illegally and unethically, and its his obligation to not represent the U.S. in doing such horrible things. I'm sure you've heard ...

Has the military forgiven liberals for spitting on the returning soldiers from 'Nam?
Liberals learned a HUGE lesson from Viet Nam, now they no longer expose their hatred for our military, instead focus their hate on our leaders. Does the military believe the feigned support that ...

How low does your IQ have to be, to be admitted by the US Army?
Is it 90 like President Bush? 80? 70? Or lower?...

Weapons of war?
So who do you think are worse, the inventors of weapons, or the users of them?...

Why can't we catch Bin Laden?????
We can put man on the moon, we are talking about going to Mars, why can't we catch or kill Bin Laden???...

When is the US gone pull out of Iraq?

Word for a member of the armed forces?
What can Airmen, Marines, Sailors, Soldiers, and those in the Coast Guard be called when you mean one member of any of the armed services? Is there a word that they can be called collectively? GI�...

When was the first weapon created?

U people r wrong?
one nation of earth would end all the wars people will be united we all like greek cities states we war with each other that makes us weak but if u unit the world maybe someday a more common enemy ...

Why is the Bush administration possibly sending 20,000 more troops to Iraq right before a civil war is about..
to start? Do they actually think that bulking up the U.S. forces will stop the imminent civil war? Just when it's about to explode now that Al-Sadar is pulling out of the Iraqi government and A...

Why do military wives do this?
ok well i asked a simple question to military wives of why do they try to wear there husband's rank and walk around like they have a stick up there *** i got some good answers and some wife got ...

War. What is it good for?
Alright, I'm not exactly coining a phrase there.

But seriously. What's the major source of strife, and why do we resort to violence? I've come to the realization that ...

Instead of sending our troops to Iraq to die, why don't we send unarmed war protesters in their place?
That way everyone wins; the war protesters will get both what they want (for our troops to be sent home) and what they deserve (to die a horrible death), and we won't have to listen to their ...

Can a single mom still be sent to war?
I know someone who has 4 young children. She is an army nurse and on active duty. Would they really send her to Iraq or Afghanistan when there is no one to watch her kids? Or do they force her ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Thursday, September 18, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links