Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Military

Why does being colorblind disqualify you from military service?
Find answers to your legal question.

Why does being colorblind disqualify you from military service?

DietrichVonQuint
You can serve, but the jobs are more limited.

cordeliabrainiac
It doesn't. Who told you that?

My dad was severely colorblind. He served 26 years in the Air Force. He made CMSgt, His career field was Finance, which did not and does not require color vision.

There are more career fields that do not require color vision than ones that do.

Give me a thumbs down if you want to, but its true.

fingers
It doesn't. (typically) It will limit your job (MOS) choices. Somethings you just need to see colors for.

Moderation in almost all things2
Rating
The career one chooses has requirements - some are strict. Explosives Ordnance Demolition EOD/Seals, all electronic careers (Radiomen, Navigation ET, etc.).

Welders and other careers are less strict.

Check with the recruiter of the branch you are interested in - they should have correct knowledge on this. Asked every question and take notes. All the branches have something to offer - but making a good fit means asking questions.

Mrsjvb
it doesn't..just certain jobs like electronics and EOD( not being able to tell the red wire from the green wire would be..bad...

Cane Corso Mom
No just from certain jobs!

lyds114
Rating
because there will be times you need to be able to see colour. eg, press the red button or the green button. Different colours do different things, mean different ranks, mean stop or go. Heaps of reasons.

Bob
Rating
wow that's not the best question but in certain military scenarios were u need color sight

retep1510
Its not that way in every branch, just air force

Stephen Reed
My son has always had a goal to become a special ops. member in the military. Last year he aced all of the physical test and other test but failed the test for color blindness. For whatever the reasoning, they decided to insist that he would be of no use to their purpose. Is this true? I find it hard to believe that someone with such a great passion for serving his country can be denied an opportunity to serve. He has a four year college degree and would love to join as an officer. Is this possible? Please let me know how he may be able to accomplish his dream so I can inform him that all hope is not lost. The U.S military would be silly to ignore such a personality and a person with such a passion to serve. Please let me know who he can contact and if it is possible to enter a division as an officer. Thank you.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Can a NOT USA citizen join the army ?
oo well im not from the usa but i live in the usa and the only way for me to become usa citizen is by getting married with an american citizen or by joining the army so does any body knows what ...

I am joing the marines when i turn 17?
i know alot about the marines i am 14 i want to know what training will be ...

Where will world war 3 start?

Able to be overweight in AFROTC?
I've read from someone on yahoo that if you are over the weight/height limit, you will be considered a "special student." As a special student, you will not be assigned a uniform or be ...

How long will I have to serve in the war if I join the National Guard right now?
I know they're going to deploy me....

Need to speak with a recruiter / someone who knows about the process of BUDs?
an email would be fine...an instant messenger would be 10x better.

Thank you...highly appreciated....

The PX overprices electronics, and underprices other things. Are their mattresses fair prices?
I bought a T.V. from there, and realized they do not have "deals" on electronics, but they do on other things. Are their mattresses overpriced like their electronics, or do they have good ...

Will High Cholesterol DQ For Military?
I want to join the Navy. Last time I checked, 1-2 years ago I had 30 more cholesterol than the range.

I am not fat if you are thinking that. My BMI is 18.9

I went to a dietician ...

Navigator in the Navy?
I really want to be a pilot, but my vision isn't that great. Do they let you get Lasik? If not, my vision is in the reqs for being a navigator. But what does a navigator do? Are/were you a ...

What can you tell me about a high standard h-d miliary .22?
value?.parts?,manual?magazines?, it's a 4" barrell in about 90% ...

Naval Academy? Air Force Academy?
Do you/did you enjoy your experience at the Naval or the Air Force Academy? What is it like?...

Military "souvenir" question?
lets say you encounter an enemy on patrol on tour.
you engage him. eliminate him.
hes dead on the side of the road.
can u pick up his gun as a souvinier
or any other item?

How may i get deployed elsewhere?
Rather then talking to a recruiter this second, I want to know if i could get deployed after basic training from the marines to Hawaii or any were other then the Middle East......

Now the limeys have chickened out of iraq will they expect us to save them again?
now the limeys have chickened out of iraq will they expect us to save them again when the mozlemists invade them, just like we did in WW2?...

Why was World War I most destructive war?

Anyone in the National Guard?
My husband is deciding on whether he wants to join the National Guard reserve or not. We don't know anymore than what our recruiter tells us. If anyone has been (or is) in the National Guard ...

Does the military give pension for different branch service?
If someone serves 4 years in the Marines, and then 16 in the Navy(or Army), do they get a 20 year service retirement pension, or do they have to do 20 years in the army or navy to receive that?...

Oh please say i can please oh please.... ):?
well my dream is to either be a commercial pilot but like now i really want to join the usaf or the usn.. not really sure but i have glasses!! so i was wandering, can i still have glasses/contacts ...

Going to military school then army?
hey is this a good choice for me?
ok soo i am thinking about going to military school and joining the army
i am only 13 right now soo i am still thinking
is tis a good choice for me ...

Am I ready to become a PJ?
I am 17 and thinking about becoming a pj [ para-rescue jumper] I have the smarts and determination but im wondering if I am physically fit enough to become a pj. I am not a top ten football or ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Wednesday, April 16, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links