Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Military

Why is the United States the only country that has military bases in other countries.?
Find answers to your legal question.

Why is the United States the only country that has military bases in other countries.?

What if china wanted a military base in florida?....Something tells me that wouldn't fly over very well.
Additional Details
Ok I can understand why they may have bases in countries that we defeated in ww2 but come on it's 2007. Do we need them there any more

monkey
Rating
We are not...The British, at least, have bases all over the world, why not do a little research? It helps our global positioning and ensures our safety as well as the saftey of many throughout the world...

gregpasq
Well, because it's not true. Britain has at least one base in Gremany and have a presence in Malaysia, Northern Ireland, Cyprus, Gibraltar. France has bases all over Africa, and at one time the Soviet Red Army had bases all over the Communist Bloc...

Tincan Navy
Rating
The US in not the only country that hs bases in other countries. England has bases all over. Like Diego Garcia, Singapore, Faulklands, Several bases in Scotland, Cyprus, Qatar,Germany, Gibralter,India, Hong Kong, etc.
Russia has bases in at least 6 other counries.

Dave_Stark
The only country that has bases in other nations? <Blink, blink> Did I read that correctly?

Where are you getting your misinformation from? The US is NOT the only nation with military bases elsewhere.

What about:
The United Kingdom (In Germany, Indonesia, and Iraq)
Russia (all over the former Soviet Union)
Cuba (all over Africa, the Caribbean, and South America)
China (in Tibet and Mongolia)
France (all over Africa)

british gurly
England has Bases all over the world too such as Germany etc the Navy also have one in Washington. Its just that the Americans are on a much larger scale than the rest of the military!!

The reason they still have bases there in 2007 is the same reason as they had bases in ww2 you just never know what stunt they are going to pull!! I grew up right next door to a US airforce base in England. They will contiune to have these bases around europe many have closed etc but they are currently building new bases in other parts of europe god help the men/women that get stationed there i have been there and believe me its grim!!

BRICK
Rating
Without our help the world would fall to pieces.

~~∞§arah T∞©~~
It isn't the only country.

i.e. Germany has one in Texas.

And to whoever said the U.S. doesn't, that they are UN posts run by U.S., that is not correct at all.

jeeper_peeper321
Rating
Other countries do have bases in foreign nations, its not just the US.

Britian, Germany, France, Russia all have bases in foreign nations.

If there was a purpose for a foreign nation to have a base in the US, then they probally would get permission.

But I cannot really think of a purpose for any nation to have a base inside America.

Melissa A
Rating
The United States is the most powerful military in the world, in order to keep it that way, we need to be all over the world.

grips
Rating
Those aren't U.S. military bases, those are U.N. military bases (run by the U.S.). Besides, Britian has troops in Germany. Other nationalities are in South Korea, just not in the numbers that the U.S. has. France has troops in Africa (again under the auspices of the U.N.)

Those bases and troops are there at the request of the host nation. If they didn't want us there, we wouldn't be there.

sgt_mjc
Rating
We established many of the bases you refer to after WWII and Korea. They were kept because they allowed us to station troops closer to where the fight may break out. The bases in Europe are mostly NATO bases now with a heavy international presence. We are there to defend our allies.

Now here is a question for you? Where would you rather go to war if you had to? In our backyard or some one else's?

Jake
Because the US is imperialistic,and what's more has always been that way since its founding!

Lenny A
Rating
You have a few Airforce bases in Australia, and as Australia has the worlds largest unmined deposits of yellow cake & uranium, there were always discussions about further bases. Makes sense let them have bases in the interrior, it's a hostile barren place at best ! Where no one really wants to be, they could even have subsidised Uranium if it gets through Parliament, some how i doubt this though !

tlee
Rating
Global Domination

tttplttttt
Rating
We need to pull out all of our bases. Keep ties with Isreal.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Attention Please!! Got Another Question For All You Great People of Yahoo Answers!?
Ok....You Ready? Here It Goes....

The UN has declared new rules for Iran's Nuclear program...On another note Iran captured 15 marines and sailors from a British ship because they ...

What seperates a Terrorist from a freedom fighter or a resitance fighter?
No further info ...

Why do United States Military Dog Tags come in sets of 2?

10 point for the first one to answer this question correctly? Who said this historical quote?
"One of the reasons why I never lost [even] a single battle was that I never was crazed by a victory that I have scored; in fact, I would envy my foe whom I have defeated and would try thinking ...

Could we have won the vietnam war?

What's better, Navy SEALs or Green Berets?

Additional Details
Green Berets speak two languages and they play a lot of video games....

In order to have peace we must have war?
i think this quote is rubbish. i think in order to have peace you just need to have peace this quote is just an excuse for power hungry, war mongering lunatics. what do u think?...

Homecoming... How would you handle this situation?
The love of my life is returning from Iraq soon. I was contacted via the KVC this afternoon to let me know the return date. It just so happens that my boss is sending me to a training out of town ...

Can someone please tell me why the US didn't step in to save lives...?
I recently found out I have very little time left in my life. With sure dearh I have found myself thinking of things that I am ashamed to say didn't catch my attention when it happened. So I'...

Should i join the army or ta?

How do people who believe Israeli troops are trying to hurt civilians or do not care?
Siraelis are spreading leaflets and making broadcasts to specifically direct civilians out of the way. If they wanted to hurt them, why would they do that?...

Are french people really so afraid of everything?
lets take wwII......

Why American, British& Canadian complaining that their soldiers & Children were tron apart with bombs?
I am proud Iranian. I have never witnessed a suicide bombers in Iran,until after CIA conspiracy against Shah in Iran and ended Ayatollah Khomeini took power in 1979.

And as soon as A...

I'm 22 years old. Am I too old to go into the Airforce?
Ok, so basically I've been wanting to go into the air force since I was in high school, but I was held back by my mother and my ex-boyfriend wanting me to go to college instead. And like a ...

Seriously, how friendly is friendly fire?

Which do you prefer modern figher jets or my favourte ww2 fighther planes?
I loves world war 2 planes over the modern jets any day they look great Eh.....oh wait they are great they look cool and the sound from them engines.incredible!!...

Is it true?
I've heard from a friend of mine that was in the marines..The marines "program" their guys..but when they leave, they don't unprogram them. Hence this can hurt the family life. It ...

Short of using Nuclear weapons, can the U.K. defend its self alone?

Is George W. Bush a pretty good Commander in Chief?

What famous historical event happened on this day in 1941?
What famous historical event happened on this day in 1941? I KNOW some of you servicepeople (especially sailors and marines) know the answer - some of you are stationed where it happened!...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Friday, October 31, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links