Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Military

Will war ever stop?
Find answers to your legal question.

Will war ever stop?

we are all humans and killing each other why?
do you think war will ever stop?

♥willow♥
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

jadfritz
Rating
war is co-terminus with the world....it finally stops when this world stop turning .....

Further---.it only takes a breather like Yahoo Answers!!!!

Dave87gn
The people in charge of waging war are the ones making a profit off it Bush/Cheney

so, no as long as there is profit to be made, war will continue

roadhazzards
Rating
As long as there are people there will be wars, we are genetically predisposed to violence.

Peachy
Albert Einstien said 'So long as there are men there will be war.'

He was pretty smart.

plcweaver1
Rating
As long as fantics keep wipping up the common man in to nationalizim.

slugger
no, as long as governments have a law of the jungles attitude. it's sad. the powers that be should work for the better-meant of man-kind. but, the Almighty buck is more important than people.

Bamford1000
'Only the Dead have seen the End of War'

PLATO.

c6r2003
No. From the moment the first human picked up a rock because he realised that his neighbor had something that he needed, there has been conflict. The tools have changed...and will cointinue to change...but conflict will always be a reality. Even more so in the future as resources become less and less avaliable and population bigger and bigger. In a world of anarchy, which is what states exist in (IE there is no governing authority above the nation-state), I'm going to do what I need to do in order to get the best benefits for myself at the least cost possible...whether that means cooperation, political maneuvering, or all out violent conflict. Call it greed....call it whatever you want....but that is simply the way the world works and always has. The idea of Altruism may give you that warm fuzzy feeling of moral superiority, but in practice it doesn't work. The lion doesn't sacrifice himself so the gazele can live....doesn't happen...no way...no how.

TeKe
Not as long as religion tells us the other guy is always wrong

Sean D
no not even if there were only two people left on this earth they would fight each other to the death there will always be war

open4one
Rating
Given the past 5,000 years of History, I see no reason to expect that it will.

Chris
Rating
Once we discover alien in outer space. Then we will switch to fighting them.

AUG
Rating
Sadly never. Someone will always be violently resistant to something.

Mark H
The original Michael Shara in his novel "The Killer Angels" has Sgt. Killiarain speaking philosophically to Joshua Chamberlain. "well if man is an Angel, he certainly is a killer Angel". When I was young and earned my first degree at RIT I remember my fraternity having a minor party at the lake to tell me goodbye. All of us slightly drunk on beer and looking at the sky and talking how we were going to morally and technically advance the world and solve its problems. It is over thirty years now and it is the same world, with the same problems. Technology has advanced though. No, I doubt very much we will stop killing each other. Certainly not in my lifetime, probably not in yours. Religion is just one reason. If not over that we will find others......There is another saying from the Civil War, about the "better Angels of our nature", maybe some day it will happen it has not yet. In the mean time I have spent my adult life in defense work. As long as anyone attacks our country I will do my best to do my part to defend it......

Chris
Rating
The war may 'officially' stop but people will still be stationed in the middle east

Badjuju
No. People by nature are greedy -- for themselves and for those they love. Our population is unsustainable and the more and more outrageously high it becomes the more we will fight for resources. Sad, but logical. ;(

Spartacus
Rating
I believe war is part of our evolution, and we are slowly and painfully learning from it. It's amazing we have survived this long without killing each other yet.

I do believe that war will end one day. Most of us agree in the futility of war as a development tool. Once we all learn to value every life and not put religion and greed before it, we shall ascend to a higher level of existence.

Rating
Ego, fear, greed.... on and on. As long as there are humans there will be war. Just the way it is.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Why did WWII stimulate our economy but the iraq war is draining it?
Is a drained economy a common symptom of long-term war?
Additional Details
then where did the deficit of 11.5 TRILLION dollars come from in the last 8 years, if not from war?...

How do you think people treat Nazi veterans?
I mean we all consider the Nazi's as the symbol for evil and the whole "Never again" thing....

Why doesn't the Navy donate old ships?
to Israel? For example, the Navy is going to sink the aircraft carrier Forrestal. She could probably be refitted and used by the Israelis.
Additional Details
I don't see how melting ...

If i wanted to get kicked out of the Army for pretending to be gay....?
How should i go about doing it? How would I let my command know?...

Do you think the us marines are the best trained in the world?

Why are there people that seriously dont support the military? i mean its not like they choose to be in iraq?

How much rent do the yanks pay for the military bases they have in Britain?

What about if War in Iraq didn't happen?
Do you think everything would be better?...

Rape in the Military?
What, if anything, is the US Military doing to prevent the raping of military women by their fellow military men? And is it working?
Additional Details
My intention wasn't to bash ...

What do you think would happen if US immediately moved all troops out of Iraq?

Can this yahoo answers be used by spies to pass messages?

If a war occur between Iran and u.s which country will be won the war?

What would you do if your country was Being invaded?
like in the movie red dawn...
Additional Details
hh i like your answer but you real did not answer my Question.. what would you do.....

Why do liberals jump to peace? even though sometimes peace dosen't work?
I know liberals view republicans as trigger happy, but sometimes war will solve problems, remember 1776? Don't you think that sometimes military action is necessary? (I just see it all the time, ...

Hi what was the famous war battle has the British fight in British history?
Hi like example, the Greeks there famous war battle was with the Persian Empire in 480 B.C.. But, what about the British? Thanks dude....

Dilema: I want to join the Army but really dont think my boyfriend will like it!!?
It's been on my mind for a long time to do this, since before i met him actually, but i never told him, not sure why! The last couple of weeks i've been thinking about what to do with my ...

When i was in the marine corps 27 years ago, drill instructors would beat some recruits up during boot camp..
myself, for an example, my belt buckle accidently fell in some shoe polish. the DI brought me in the whiskey locker (closet), closed the door, choked me with just 3 fingers, he was recon, i couldnt ...

Which country will be on the agenda next to invade?
38yrs ago we go into northern ireland for 12 days and we were their for 38 yrs.Many innocent people lost their lives.We go to the Falklands and job done very quickly over a couple of dozen sheep.We ...

Should the Iraqis be grateful to the Americans?

Does the U.S.A. know how to raise men?
I look at the responses on this site and I am completely disheartened. The boys in this country are taught (in liberal schools) to run away from the call to duty. The enrollment rate of young men ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Wednesday, July 30, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links