Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Military

"How can I be sad over a person in military dying when they are there killing voluntarily?"?
Find answers to your legal question.

"How can I be sad over a person in military dying when they are there killing voluntarily?"?

Additional Details
huh? troll?seriously....
how can someone feel it is OK for the military to be killing, torturing, and yet when one dies that is our own..oh no, we should all be sad? they joined to kill women and children

Matt C
Well, first of all not all the soldiers dying in combat are in a combat specific jobs. Many soldiers who are being killed in Iraq are truck drivers that are delivering much needed equipment to soldiers all over the combat zone. Also, soldiers sign a contract and raise their hand not to "kill everything" as it seems like you're implying. They raise they're hand and give the oath to protect the United States and follow the orders given above them. If it wasn't the sacrafice of the brave men and women who have been killed in our current wars and the wars of the past you would not have many of the freedoms and the security you obviously are taking for granted.

Due to all the additional details from the original poster, I need to add to respond to her:

You do know that those involved in our missle defense projects are connected to the US military. Also, thankfully our missle defense systems have yet to be tested by an opposing force. It sounds like me to you're jealous that your cousin is recieving all this praise and you're left with nothing but guilt. It's not guilt that he died and you'll never see him again. It's guilt that he died mostly likely over something that he loved so much and you'll never be able to understand that. It's not your cousin's fault(or any member of the military that dies in combat) that most people see his sacrafice as something extraordinary since they could never see themselves doing the same.

I'm a soldier and am currently a junior studying Pre-Law. There are many soldiers with degrees or working towards degrees. Unfortunatly we have to put our school on hold in order to keep America free for you to spew your anti-military views on the internet. Perhaps you should follow in your husband's footsteps and get an education, may learn a little thing called respect.

Sgt Little Keefe
You must be a troll. No one in their right mind can ask such a stupid question! Those men and women over there did not go there to kill innocent women and children but to protect your sorry Okole. You should be picked up by the military and sent over there to live without any freedoms that you now enjoy and see where your views differ in say 6 months. Probably quicker when you run out of cigarettes and beer and cannot just jump into your SUV to go to the store and buy any. You don't deserve to be called an American if you cannot see how stupid your statement was.

K
They go over there to kill women and children? Erm, sorry, wrong. Let's say that 1,000 troops have done something like that deliberately, which is more than have done so. So... with about 150,000 over there, you're categorizing all of them by less than 1% of the people out there?
You also realize that they are being shot at as well, and they must defend themselves. They are only human, and if they perceive a threat and eliminate it, and it so happens they missed and hit a civilian, it is an unfortunate casualty.
I understand you're sad and angry for your cousin. War is a sad fact of humanity. It is what drives many, enough that we have to have militaries to fight our own kind. One day we might learn to live without, but that is a far day away.

That is noble for your husband to be doing such work, but could his work, if it had been in place, stopped the terrorists from hijacking civilian airliners and ramming them into buildings? I'm not saying the war in Iraq is solving that problem (it may even be making more), but at some point, lethal force is necessary.

booyaa684
Rating
Missile defense...hmmm when was the last time a missile was fired toward America???

He knows he may not see some of his buddies again.
You walk down the beach, staring at all the pretty girls.
He walks the streets, searching for insurgents and terrorists.
You complain about how hot it is.
He wears his heavy gear, not daring to take off his helmet to wipe his brow.
You go out to lunch, and complain because the restaurant got your order wrong.
He doesn't get to eat today.
Your wife makes your bed and washes your clothes.
He wears the same things for weeks, but makes sure his weapons are clean.
You go to the mall and get your hair done.
He doesn't have time to brush his teeth today.
You're angry because your class ran 5 minutes over.
He's told he will be held over an extra 2 months.
You call your girlfriend and set a date for tonight.
He waits for the mail to see if there is a letter from home.
You hug and kiss your girlfriend, like you do everyday.
He holds his letter close and smells his love's perfume.
You roll your eyes as a baby cries.
He gets a letter with pictures of his new child, and wonders if they'll ever meet.
You criticize your government, and say that war never solves anything.
He sees the innocent tortured and killed by their own people and remembers why he is fighting.
You hear the jokes about the war, and make fun of men like him.
He hears the gunfire, bombs and screams of the wounded.
You see only what the media wants you to see.
He sees the broken bodies lying around him.
You are asked to go to the store by your parents. You don't.
He does exactly what he is told.
You stay at home and watch TV.
He takes whatever time he is given to call, write home, sleep,and eat.
You crawl into your soft bed, with down pillows, and get comfortable.
He crawls under a tank for shade and a 5 minute nap, only to be woken by gunfire.You sit there and judge him, saying the world is probably a
worse Gothic.

vladoviking
Rating
ya know Im not even gonna try to explain. Just stay in your safe little box , work in your airconditioned cube and be happy.

Ahh your husband has an EDUCATION obviously it aint infectious. And you must be his blond trophy wife.

Hey every body we just aint qualified, we aint got no "DOCTORITE"degrees,, does that come in a six pack?

itsmeok2001
I dont want you to be sad, I want you to go to the mall, get a coffee at starbucks and keep up your ungrateful attitiude.

le VicSter
Rating
CORRECTION!!

We do not kill voluntarily; we have no choice in the matter.

Once we've signed that dotted line Sweety, our butts belong to the U.S. Government-they own us until the day we are honorably discharged when we choose not to re-enlist, retire, or die.

Whether or not we oppose or support the "war", we have no choice but to serve our country with a tour of duty when we're called up to do so.

Why should you be sad? Well Dear...We're the ones who wake up on a daily basis and actually HAVE the courage to serve our country through thick and thin, war or no war. We're the ones who make tremendous sacrifices in our lives just so you can enjoy your freedoms, like using a computer and surfing the Internet. If it weren't for us noble men and women in uniform you probably wouldn't have it; I bet a lucky penny you're glad you do, just so you can show off stupid crap like this.

Be HONORED that we're serving our careers in other countries to keep things civilized. Be HONORED that we're fighting in places like Iraq and Afghanistan sleeping in tents and ditches just so you can enjoy your right to express freedom while sitting on your fat a.ss in your comfy little chair, in the pleasantries of your own home.

People like you who post idiotic senseless crap like "Why should I be sad when another Troop dies?", make me sick.

We die with a sense of pride and with highest honor. What the hell do you with your life that's so extraordinary?

Gump023
Rating
I got 2 words.

Heartless *****

DOOM
Rating
Wow, it's a good thing you liberals are so tolerant. Otherwise, we conservatives that protect you would be screwed.

YA Namster
Because it wasn't you who died.

John T
And I was told earlier that there were no 'hateful' people in the anti-war protests.

http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-DfkctJU7dK5B7LcNROoyVQ--?cq=1

Yes, I was also told that there were none that were calling our troops murderers also.

Thank you for being so kind as to prove my point. Those that argued it, were actually much kinder, even the ones that doubted my service.

The US military does NOT tolerate murderers nor torture. We prosecute those that do those things.

You and your cause would be better served by exercising your right to remain silent instead.

As one of those you accuse of dastardly deeds, I will continue to protect you, but would ask that for the protection, you simply sit back and enjoy the AC in your nice big home with electricity, playstation and whatever else you have decided to borrow money to own, while I as your cousin, go take the risks necessary to keep you in your comforts and ask nothing more of you.

My last comment to you sorry hateful woman is to point out that it is our enemy that is killing 3000+ unarmed civilians every month. It is NOT the US military.

FRAGINAL-NOYPI
Violators of the rules of engagement must be tried by the Military Court especially those that kills innocent children and women.

fukingruvin76118
Rating
Voluntarily killing, you are ignorant kid leave politics to the grown ups, I see your parents don't have netnanny.

Why don't you walk unarmed through downtown Baghdad.

jeeper_peeper321
Bye bye troll.

J O
Wow, you seem to have struck a chord with this question. With so many people agreeing with you how will you ever choose a "Best Answer"?

Please pick me, I would like to have an extra 10 points so that I will be closer to my next level.

Let me warn you before you waste any further time reading on... I only have a Masters in Engineering and am a certified Professional Engineer. I was unable to spend any more time achieving useless degrees on my parent's dime while hiding from the real world.

Missile Defense; do you know how much that antagonizes countries like Russia that have the capability to destroy the world? Just look at what happened when we tried to build missile defense against Iran. If anything it makes them more likely to develop technologies that can defeat your genius's inventions. Does your Precious tell you how low of a chance his defenses actually have at succeeding or are you not allowed to talk about that on the net or at home? Does you know your Precious 'doctorite' is making this country just as unsafe as the uneducated soldier using your uneducated argument? BTW (By the Way), when there is a red squiggly line under a word you just typed it means you were a moron and couldn't spell it right the first time. Just right click on the work and it will tell you how to spell it correctly so you don't look like an idiot.

To answer your question, it is very easy to be sad when an individual dies that has volunteered to support and defend the constitution of United States of America and Obey the orders of the President of the United States of America. You elected your president in a popular vote. The soldier that died did so because he followed the orders of the President you elected.

softballbabe589
missile defense only stops something when it gets here the military stops it before it gets here. how can you not feel sad when most of the people that die are under the age of 20, they're just kids fighting for you. if we didnt have the military then there would be no U.S. because the missile defense wouldnt be able to stop all the attacks on our country. but really you are just a heartless b****. does your husband know you feel this way? if he does he shouldnt work in our missile defense. maybe you should do some research before you ask why you sad when someone in the military died and then maybe you will learn something about the military. but now i see that these people have honor and can call themselves americans and you dont have any right to call yourself an american. so learn something about the military and maybe you will learn why you should be sad. then maybe you can call yourself an American.

r3con_woo
How can you be sad that your fellow Americans who joined the Armed Forces which defend your way of life die while doing their job?

Maybe because they are all young people who havent even lived a quarter of their lives to have it ended by being blown up by Islamic Militants over 6000 miles away from their homes and families.

Maybe because now there is thousands of families without a father or a mother at home?

Maybe because whether or not the war is right or wrong they still serve the people of the United States and will do whatever is asked of them, regardless of their personal feelings towards the war they are just their trying to survive and really when it comes down it they dont fight for the benefit of the Iraq people but they fight for each other and do their best that all their fellow brothers in arms come home alive.

Soldiers dont care what you or anyone else thinks about their jobs or what they do, for them this is not about right or wrong its about LIFE and what they will do for it, and sometimes that means killing other people.

How can you sit comfortably at home and judge someone who is on the other side of the planet fighting in a war that you know absolutely nothing about?

Your statement is the same as saying "why should I feel sorry for firefighters that burn to death when they volunteered to be a firefighter?"

Have a nice day Weirdo.

Alex B
Rating
Do you think freedom is free? Do you not realize if we did not have a military, someone would be conquering us?

Sure we have problems and some corruption in our government, but the majority of our soldiers actully join the military to help people. Humanitary Intervention has been the primary focus of our military since the end of the cold war. This is what most of the soldiers believe. It is not their fault our government may have different agendas.

It is obvious you have led a sheltered life, otherwise you would not ask such a sad question. Do we stand by and do nothing when people can not defend themselves?

AlaskaMusher
Well aren't you a witless, clueless snob. "My husband has a PHD and works in missile defense and anyone else is an idiot." Well aren't you just the cat's meow. Not to mention a lying sack of snobby poop.

First, you don 't have to have a PHD to have a sensible opinion. You are the poorly informed individual who accepts only your "husband's" braggart rantings about how he single handedly saves the world.

Second, missile defense helps the national defense, true. But it is a small role. Missile defense does nothing for an invasion, air attack, sea atack or terrorist attacks. The only way to defend against these sort of attacks is by the military. The brave men and women in the military, be they college educated pilots or GED holding ground troops, are who defend you, your obnoxious braggart husband and your sniveling children.

Third, you and your husband are cowards because you will do nothing to protect this country at least nothing that would endanger your lifestyle. You with your over inflated head about something your husband accomplished keep your head in the sand.

Our military does not decide when or where to fight or what to fight for. They do what they are told and risk their lives to do it. You and your husband are too stupid and too conceited to understand that. You are too callous and too selfish to care about anyone else's sorrow or sadness.

So go back under your snobbish witch like house, bought and paid for by the people who sent these people to fight and die.

You are a pig. I hope the first missile that sneaks through the missile defense system hits your house.

PilotGal
You happy now? Got your speech done and I hope it make you feel good. Never mind the gross misrepresentations and whining. Take a nice sleeping pill and snooze for as long as you can, the rest of us will deal with the REAL WORLD.

johnny85940
They are protecting your *** so you better respect them. Why are you even questioning that, do yuo know what they go through? They run through the streets hoping not to be sniped, they go days without sleep or food. And then you're here questioning whether you should be said when one of them dies? These men are brave, they deserve some respect. You don't understand. We are protecting innocent people, and our brave troops are dying to help that cause, and you asking if you should be sad? I second the one that said heartless *****. And genius, your husband does not protect us, its not just bombs, the taliban and al qaeda and other terrorist oraganizations have connections in America, any terrorist could make a homemade bomb and blow up your nearest metro station.

lcmcpa
Rating
When it is one of your loved ones, ask us that again.

Lots of people do not want to be there and are there only because they don't want to be court marshaled. Most people that have been once are FORCED to go back.

whcwarrior_10
Is this the liberal "tolerance" i keep hearing about, or the "fairness" you all preach? by the way, your welcome. from all of us that serve to protect your right to talk trash lke this.

achillesiuarotc
FIRST I WANT TO ASK, HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE HATED BY EVERYONE THAT READS YOUR QUESTION? you are a complete m*ron and a disrespectful, ungracious bus station sk*nk. your question is so hard to respond to b/c you're so left-winged and should have moved out of the country the moment of your birth.
not to mention, that you're extremely pretentious, talking as if a doctorate (yes, thats spelled doctor-ATE not -ITE like in your question) deifies you or your used-car salesman husband.
speaking of which, if your no-talent a** clown husband is in missile defense, then why are you ripping on the military? what you're ripping on (the US infantryman in iraq) and you're missile defense husband are a coordinated effort, they both serve to protect the country, obviously you failed to make that connection....
and if he really is in missile defense, he must be important, and i doubt he would appreciate his LD wife running her mouth on a popular website, you might need to drink a nice warm glass of shut the f**k up.
finally, you have no conception of the quote "freedom isnt free." i'm not even going to get deep in this answer because you won't understand but if we were to dismantle our military starting tomorrow, reducing it to ZERO soldiers, we would be invaded and conquered and you would spend the rest of your life sewing soccer balls. w/o the military, we have no freedom. you would not be able to even ask this question on this site w/o the military.

and to answer you're question, soldiers kill because it is their job, and you should feel sympathy for them b/c they died in the first place, and you're portraying yourself to be some high and mighty humanitarian.
you have no conception of words like service, patriotism, or duty, try to learn them, then maybe you'll know why people volunteer to fight for the US.

please leave the country, we'd all be better off without you
ps-i gave you a source, dictionary.com to look up of some of the harder words i used

jason b
Whose side are you on? They are over there killing an enemy who would be trying to kill you if they were here.

Ktwman
Very few soldiers have ever killed anyone! In fact the only time most of them shoot a weapon is during training. So to say that all soldiers/marines/airman are killing voluntarily is ignorant. My husband has been in the service for 5 years done 2 tours to Iraq and never had to use his weapon. I don't know of a single person who has. Under military law those who do kill are doing so in self defense. They are not allowed to shoot without being shot at.

TOM H
Rating
Because some soldiers aren't there to kill people...like Australian soldiers in Iraq help rebuild thier country after we went in there and started a war.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Did the US EVER win a war alone?
Is it even possible? One needs somewhat "intelligent" soldiers...not robots who are the same as the sucide bombers....

Your Country Needs You?
Will you answer its ...

Which boot camp is the hardest? Marines or Army?
Who should I join? Marines or Army. I want to be the best there is & I want to go to War. Marines are the first to fight right?...

Air Force or Navy?
I'm a Senior in High School and I want to join the ROTC program. I want to do something with computers and I was wondering which one has better opportunities. I really don't know that much ...

What are soldiers still doing in Iraq Should they not be out by now? Isn't it long overdue for them to home?

Can you suggest some relatively UNbiased sources for information on the Iraq war?

How long would it take for China to conquer Britain?
bearing in mind our Army is over 19 times the size as ...

How can you not support Israel against an International Terrorist Organisation?
I am in support of the Israeli's finishing what they have started and to completely remove Hezbollah from the planet, once and for all. Whilst there are some people who will not agree with me, I ...

Why are soldiers fighting for us???

What U.S. president ordered a secret taping system installed aboard Air Force One?

Why did Britain even want the Falkland Islands.?
Why did Britain feel it was worth it to go to war over the Falkland Island, I saw a question about the Falkland war on here and made wonder what the signifigents of the Falkland Islands was.
A...

Who think's a women can be in the army special forces?
the army i don't under stand why women can't be in the special forces we are just is good is men for are we not??.............because my dereem sits i was a littel girl to be in the special ...

If the uk and the US broke its alliance and raged a war against each other who do you think will wim?
in my oppinon it will be the US hands ...

The US is being run by War Criminals - what do you do??
The US led invasion of Iraq was Illegal under International Law.
The US were indeed the first nation to sign the UN Charter in 1945 so they are bound by both domestic and international Law so ...

If you could tell one American soldier?
If you could tell one American soldier one thing the night before he went overseas to fight for his country, what would you tell him? Something that he would remember for the rest of his life...
<...

Where were you on Sept. 11, 2001 when you first heard of the tragic news??

The war on terror should be won by hugs not bombs?
You never know it might work and it would be cheeper
Additional Details
still if we just keep hugging they will eventualy run out of bombs and bullets and there beheading arm will get ...

Do they really treat you poorly in the military?
I'm considering joining...some people say they treat you very poorly. Is this true? How do you know. Thanks....

If captured by the enemy would you crack if tortured ?

What is the point of the British Army?
Why do we need them in contemporary Britain?...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Friday, September 19, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links