Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Military

which war did america experience direct millitary attack upon its own territory?
Find answers to your legal question.

which war did america experience direct millitary attack upon its own territory?

Additional Details
in world war 1-ww2-or the vietnam war or all of the above

Ann Hatford
Pearl Harbor but that was before USA joined the war.

Funny thing is that we weren't willing to join or help until we were attacked!! Others like Canada and Australia joined even though they weren't attacked.

Steven
The 1812 War was the first.

AD
Rating
There are several after the Revolutionary war. The War of 1812 and the Civil War were just two. During World War 1 there were some explosions and a bombardment in the US caused by the Germans.

coldfuse
World War II
The War of 1812 (though America attacked first)

Mjollnir
Rating
Revolutionary War, War of 1812, Mexican-American War, War Between the States, Indian Wars (if you consider killing then taking land away from the people who live on it and claim it as your own acceptable), WWII (Japan attacked Pearl Harbor and occupied some of Alaska's Aleutian Islands until the end of the war and the Germans had saboteurs in the mainland US).

All military actions after WWII do not fit the technical and legal definition of war so I do not consider terrorist acts as acts of war but as crimes, though my source does and others do. You will also notice that since the "Civil War" does not meet the definition of a civil war I do not call it such.

The Spanish American War does not fit. The places where battles took place (Cuba, Puerto Rico, Philippines) were Spanish colonies and were taken as a result of Spain losing the war; they were not US possessions prior to the outbreak of hostilities.

moxly
Rating
war of 1812 then wwii they attacked while trying to trick the us by saying their friends.they were IN America signing a peace treaty while we got attacked in pearl harbor

Stranger
Rating
Poncho Villa felt betrayed by our gov't because we ended up siding with another Mexican leader over him so he then made an attacked on American soil (Columbus New Mexico). We sent in 10,000 troops to hunt him down but we could never find him. We ended up leaving because the nationals (Mexicans) were getting pissed off at us because we treated the Mexicans badly and ran sacked their villages.

Jeff Jeffrey Jeffes Jr.
You mean United States? MILITARY!

WW2 - Pearl Harbor, Hawaii !!!

Popcorn
Revolutionary war and the War of 1812.
Really guys stop saying pearl harbor she said direct military attack pearl harbor was initiated by kamikazes not foot soldiers.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

How much is my medal worth.?
I have a war world two medal. on the front it says efficiency,honor, fidelity. those words are circled around a eagle the eagle is on a sword an the sword is on a book. the back saysfor good then ...

To all the military service personal do you remember what this stands for?
S.
A.
L.
U.
T.
E....

i have got general rank 101 in upsee2010 and 7869 air in iitjee2010 ...?
i have got general rank 101 in upsee2010 and 7869 air in iitjee2010 ...
plzzzzz tll me whre shud i opt for??????...

How can i effectively wage war against squirrels?
trying to plant a couple of rows of corn across the front of my yard and the little buggers want to dig it up before it sprouts .....

Do female Marines go to Infantry/Rifleman's School?
I know that all male Marines do... regardless of MOS (you know, Rifleman first, PMOS second). Do female Marines go through the same training? If not, do they go to a different school instead? If yes, ...

Are women allowed to serve as pilots in the United States Air Force?
I grew up loving aircrafts and flying, and have only recently decided to look into the Air Force as a potential option for my future. I would love to be a pilot, though I know women can often be ...

ADG? Rifleman or military polive? please gimme info on them?
I have a YOU session soon and wanna know which role i should go for:
1. Military police
2. rifleman
3. Airfield defence ...

Would it be possible to get a UFC contract as a U.S. Navy SEAL?
All my life I've worked my *** off to become a SEAL but my other passion is fighting and getting into the UFC would be freakin sweet, and I know you can train and fight MMA as a SEAL or in any ...

navy IFA, what are the rest times between exercises.?
what are the rest times between exercises. between the pushups and the situps and the run?...

What are Irish Armed Forces and British SAS weapons?
I need them for a movie, links highly recommended....

Did the Thomson sub machine gun have more stopping power than the German mp40?
and the British sten gun?...

Firefighters: How strong do you have to be in order to be a firefighter?
Like some movies and some fake firefighters [models] are like making me think that i should be like...ripped and have a six pack and crap

idk
how much do u guys workout/lift and ...

Would the Allies have won world war 2 without the Americans?
A guy at works thinks we still could have won without the Americans because of the size of the Russian army , I think different.
What do you think?
Additional Details
I think we ...

What should I do to prepare for Navy boot camp mentally?
I only have a day to prepare myself mentally since this spring term doesn't end for another week or so. Then it's off to getting yelled at and being pushed harder than I've ever been ...

Can Army Soldiers wear a black swat belt with the ACU's?

Working as a civilian for the military what benefits will I receive?
I plan on teaching Biology. Would I get my tuition paid, what about health care? Retirement? Elaborate and enlighten me please. (:
Do they have any jobs for directors of college admissions for ...

Why do soldiers make so little money?
One of my teachers said her husband didn't make very much money in the Marines, but I didn't think it would be very bad, since my mom who was a CIVILIAN, not risking her life, working with ...

ok question on usmc officer?
ok i am going to college in like 2 years but i want to join the usmc and go recon marines but how do i become an officer sense they don't have academies like do they have rotc programs or do you ...

Why didnt USA use nuclear bombs on Iraq?
damn when you got nuclear bombs you use ...

Can you join the military if you were in juvie hall?
I know you can't if you were in regular prison but what if you were in juvie hall for a little while for assault and battery? Can you still join then?...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Friday, August 1, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links