Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  
   Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Immigration

if you came illegally to the united states. how long does it take to get a green card or papers?
Find answers to your legal question.

if you came illegally to the united states. how long does it take to get a green card or papers?


2010-07-17 23:02:00 +0000
It all depends on your case but there is no guarantee that you will get your papers. You just have to consult with the right person, and you have to return to your country, no questions asked. You go back to your country to apply for a visa to come back here legally.

2010-07-18 06:05:08 +0000
In order to gain legal status,you have to return to your home country. Once there,your visa will be denied and you will be given a 10 year ban on returning. After your 10 year ban is over,you may qualify for a green card if someone is petitioning for you.

2010-07-17 23:01:31 +0000
you won't get anything because you are illegal!! we don't reward people who break the laws in this country!!

2010-07-18 01:02:16 +0000
If you entered illegally, you have to return to your country and get a waiver to become a legal resident of the US. I don't know how long it takes, but it will be at least a year, probably longer.

If you entered legally and overstayed your visa and are married to a US citizen, you can get a greencard as fast as anyone else if there are no other negative factors.

2010-07-17 22:57:26 +0000
If you entered the country without inspection, it will never happen. Thankfully, illegal aliens residing in the US are never given green cards.

2010-07-17 23:22:43 +0000
You can NEVER be made legal if you an illegal alien invading border criminal.

2010-07-17 23:27:59 +0000
An illegal cannot adjust status in the US
Marriage and babies will not help either ..that is a myth

To become legal you have to return home

There is a specialty forum one that deals solely with your unique issue. http://immigrate2us.net

2010-07-17 22:37:30 +0000
You have to apply for papers based on some policy or law like asylum, work status, or student status but you must enter legally. However if you came here illegally your best bet is marriage because the U.S government does not recognizes you and considers you criminal, sorry

2010-07-17 23:29:04 +0000
i came to the states as an illegal from mexico. i found an attorney and started my process to become a resident. they have a process you go thru. background check police checks so on and so forth. i had also been in some trouble with the law when i was a minor that came up but like people have said it is against the law to come to the states illegaly so i had to get letters or pardons from mexico for the united states and once everything is done u get a work permit then soon after you get a resident card or green card. i joind the military and they gave me my citizenship in less than 3 months but prior to the military it does take a bit of money especially since immigration has raised the prices on everything. once again it takes some time on a case to case basis. all these people who talk down on immigrants all i can say is i feel sorry for you and as it says in the BIBLE turn the other cheak and forgive or your father will not forgive you in the time of judgement. i forgive you all for you ignorance. being born in the states you dont know what its like for people in other contries. god bless

2010-07-18 02:42:38 +0000
You can marry and you'll have your green card like within a year or have children with another illegal and when the child is 21yrs old it can sponsor you but you cannot have an adjustment of status I believe you have to go back to Mexico for a certain time to get your papers (not sure about that though). If you have legal family members in the U.S. they can sponsor you like a parent or sibling or maybe an employer. But Obama should take care of this problem very soon. Check this website and see if you qualify for any visa http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis some visas take years like a decade or more.

2010-07-17 22:43:27 +0000
Getting married to an American citizen does
not guarantee you a green card !
I am pretty sure you have to go back to your own country and apply for a green card from there .

2010-07-17 22:40:02 +0000
I think you got to find the right people. That's not me. Best of luck.

 Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Wednesday, February 10, 2016 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links