Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  
   Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law Enforcement & Police

alternative ways of paying off OUTSTANDING traffic tickets?
Find answers to your legal question.

alternative ways of paying off OUTSTANDING traffic tickets?

I have two outstanding traffic violations I havent paid off. Both of which are about 3 to 4 years old and i never appeared in court, they both of gone off to collection agencies. Im trying to un-suspend my D.L., but i have to get this taking care of. If i make an appearance in front of a judge and tell him i dont have the money to pay off these Amounts would they be able to give me an alternative option? any information would help.


2009-07-28 17:49:10 +0000
The likelihood of an arrest warrant being issued for you is strong and if you are arrested you will remain in jail until the tickets are paid. Additional charges are probably piling up as well so my suggestion ids to contact the court and try and set up a payment plan of some sort. The traffic department only wants the money and if you offer a way you can do it they will probably will be willing to work something out. It is worth a try, the options are pretty limited.

2009-07-28 17:47:33 +0000
You should contact your local justice of the peace (traffic division) and ask them for an audience. They will most likely allow you to plead your case. You must be able to show why you have not paid (i.e. prove your inability to pay).

If you simply ignored it until now and now can't afford it, they may not be so understanding.

2009-07-28 17:49:04 +0000
they might let you sit it out in jail

2009-07-28 17:47:29 +0000
You can likely work out some payment plan. When you say alternative, do you mean instead of paying money? I wouldn't say it's not possible, but I cannot think of anything that would make sense. What do you have in mind?

The court will certainly prefer to have you communicating and paying against an agreed plan that letting the situation continue without being addressed. You can probably just write a letter to the judge explaining your situation and stating that you want to find a way to make it right. Explain what you could afford to pay. You might even enclose your first check in with your reply.

Good luck!

2009-07-28 17:45:09 +0000
Ask if you can work off the fines.

 Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Sunday, February 7, 2016 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links