Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  
   Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Marriage & Divorce

where can i find information on my husband free?
Find answers to your legal question.

where can i find information on my husband free?

i have recently found out somethings my husbands past that are not true. he at one time told me he had three children but the other day it was two and the age of the second child did not match up to what he had said before. i found that he may have an extensive criminal history and am trying to find out how i can find out for free i have no extra money or ways to pay where he wont realize the money is gone. he has become aggressive towards me and has begun accusing me of things he knows i would never do. i really need help


2008-11-24 20:07:11 +0000
I would go to your local police department and explain this situation, and that you are afraid. They will help you and look up his history, if he has one, for you. Good Luck

2008-11-24 20:09:58 +0000
It sounds like you are going to spend a lot of time and energy building a case against your husband so you can justify leaving him.

I recommend you save your energy and resources and just leave. Things will only get worse and if you find the information you are looking for you will be hurt.

Just leave.

2008-11-24 20:08:52 +0000
Go to the police!

2008-11-24 20:09:54 +0000
Sounds like you didn't get to know much about this guy before you married him, and now you are paying the price.You can go to the police department or to the clerk of court and get a criminal check on this man or anyone for just a few bucks mabe 20. That's what I'd do. It part of their record if they have been charged with a crime. check him out and soon!

2008-11-24 20:11:13 +0000
Go to the courthouse in the county where he was most likely convicted. The courthouse has all criminal records and they are public information so you can read everything. My courthouse lets me use their computer and research for free but it costs $1 to print a page. Call the recorder's office and ask what you can do in your area.

2008-11-24 20:12:23 +0000
You married a stranger, liar and a felon. Usually, the clerk of courts can provide some information for free viewing but, charge a fee for copies. However some states now charge a small fee like $4 per internet search. Good Luck

2008-11-24 20:08:55 +0000
did you try searching the internet

2008-11-24 20:12:22 +0000
Don't bother trying to find out about his past. He already lied about it. Since he has become aggressive towards you and accusing you of things you need to protect yourself. I wish the best for you. Good luck.

2008-11-24 20:21:47 +0000
Call the police, don't go out alone, don't be alone. Hang out with your mom, your sister, a friend you trust, but don't be with your husband alone.

You need to get OUT.
You can't stay with him. Sorry if you really love him, but if he has sudden behaviour change, he could do really bad stuff to you. Even kill you! Yes, even if he didn't mean to!

If you don't have any family or good friends you can find help.

Remember that violence can be both phisical and verbal.

2008-11-24 20:26:31 +0000
You can go to social security office and through his social security number you can find out if he's been using different names. Then track all his previous addresses and go to each City Office to see if he have some criminal record under all the names he used and have been using (that's only if you found out he's using more than one name)
Of course they'll ask you the reason for doing all this background check and to make them cooperative to your purpose just tell them the truth.

2008-11-24 20:12:53 +0000
when his out at work have a good look though he stuff for clues be careful though you never know what you might find when your looking. search the internet but do that somewhere else like a library or delete your history. good luck

2008-11-24 20:06:42 +0000
Call The Police

2008-11-24 20:10:04 +0000
He's become aggressive to you and all you want to do is check him out? I think you'd better be running for the hill before he does something to you.

2008-11-24 20:09:25 +0000
Hire a PI... this is your only option to get the peace of mind that you need... Forget the money aspect.. you need your sanity... if you need help, contact me I am a PI. and I deal with family matters all the time.

2008-11-24 20:07:37 +0000
You probably should have done that before you married him....


Go to your states website, there should be an OTIS section. Click on it and put in whatever info you have. Good luck

2008-11-24 20:40:59 +0000
Find out how to gain access to any and all of your spouses personal records, including email, phone calls, credit card receipts, and more.

2008-11-24 20:14:01 +0000
Go to the Police soon. And I would pack my things and leave while he is out of the house. If he is gone now then I suggest you go. No matter what its the right thing to do. Just get away now. You think these other ppl are kidding bout the police, no they are not. Go do something or he will. And that wont be good.

2008-11-24 20:07:04 +0000
anyone close to him that you trust?

2008-11-24 20:33:16 +0000
Actually, the suggestion to hire a PI is pretty good. A Private Investigator can get access to criminal records very quickly and will know how to do other research. Since you're married to him, you should be able to provide identifying information like his Driver's License number, Social Security number, etc.

Sounds like you may have very good reasons to be suspicious. Get the facts and if he is indeed becoming "aggressive" it may be time to plan an exit (locate a women's shelter).

 Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Sunday, February 14, 2016 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links