Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  
   Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Immigration

im not a legal US citizen, but how can i get a license?
Find answers to your legal question.

im not a legal US citizen, but how can i get a license?

Question SLaYeR!
i cannot believe you are in college with that sort of spelling.
if you cant even spell after so many years of studying i cannot see you driving

No 1
if its for driving, dont worry about it just drive without one, i do it all the time. i got pulled over by a cop and you only get like 3 hours of jail time, its not bad. just dont say you are not legal or anything stupid like that.

she even gave me a ride back to my car and let me drive home haha.

To all of those people who are being mean to the poor guy asking the questions:
I can't believe how rude you people are! Are we really that different than him just because you were born here and he was born in mexico? My parents are mexican and I was born here. The only difference between him and me are that I get all the perks! I get to have a license, I get to do everything he can't! And why? Because I got lucky! He's in college. He's not some gangster or whatever! So give this guy a chance! Jeez!

Anyway, I know this doesn't answer your question but I just had to let it all out! Good Luck with everything! I wish you the very best!

Oh and question slayer,
What does spelling have to do with driving? And also your grammar is not that great either. You have to capitalize your "i's" and some of your words need apostrophes.

If you have maintained a valid passport and visa and in good status, it should not be a problem.

i hope ur parents get deported and all the other illegals and u cant get a license (i think)

Now this is one of the things that would piss off me and my friends when we were students at Pace U. Our financial aid awards were cut to increase the awards of illegals or the damn kids who were here with there damn diplomatic parents. There is no excuse that you and your parents after all of these years have not applied for American Citizenship. How do you get a license? Go to your local INS office and BECOME A CITIZEN!! And if you are receiving any financial aid have YOUR parents pay for your tuition and leave those funds for those of us who ARE American Citizens.

Razor Jim
Ask your parents, they must have thought about your future when they brought here right?

Eleanor R
No. Go back to Mexico.

it depends are you a legal permanent resident? if your in California than you need a SSI number, a birth certificate, and and an I-94. but if your at least a legal permanent resident your not going to have any problem getting a drivers license in any state.

Rocketman on vacation
It would be appropriate to talk to a law clinic that offers help to immigrants. Many work for free.

Nani Girl
of course. you should hire an immigration lawyer. Right now, the law is you have to be here at least 10 Years so you have a very good case.

Yes, go back to your county of orgin and apply legally for a visa to the United States. Pay all fees and follow the "law" as it should be...then you will be able to get a license. Try it!

you can go to Maryland or Maine. Those liberal ashholes will give a license to anyone with two working brain cells.

If you mean driver's license.. forget it.

Since 2004, the government allowed visitors (tourist visa holders) to drive (anyone's car or rent) with permanent driver's licenses obtained from their home countries. The only requirement is they must have insurance in their own names.

Apart from US citizen, persons eligible to obtain state issued driver's license are those with work visa, student visa, and greencard holders.

To apply for driver's license, you need passport, ssn, and document that indicate your legal status such as work permit (for those on H1-B, E, etc.) or greencard. Students have to provide proof from school and visa, no ssn required. It takes about 3-4 weeks, DMV needs to verify your legal status with USCIS.

rachel t
I dont think illegal aliens deserve that privilege.
You're a criminal in this country, why would anyone reward you?

When you said "not a legal US citizen" are you an illegal US citizen? In any case if you are a legal immigrant or here in the US with a valid visa, you can obtain a driver's license, assuming that is what you are referring to in your question.

Call this number: 1-800-375-5283

You vote Obama is one way to get a license....

If you have a work or student visa, you can probably get information from INS about obtaining a drivers license. If you're an illegal alien, then you should go home.

Lori K
With your valid visa and passport, it shouldn't be difficult. Just apply at the DMV.

If you are legally able to be in the country, then you can apply for a temporary license.

If you are here illegally, then I would prefer that you go home and try coming in through the legal channels.

Are you a legal immigrant or a tourist?

Legal Discussion Forum

 if i was really poor and i robbed a bank so that i could start a better life?
should i be arrested? is this a good approximation of the excuse of "they are just trying to make a better life"?...

 Is "Gringo" an insulting racial slur?
I am not looking for the origin of the word. I want to know if used in current settings-is it an insult?...

 If you had a chance to convince Obama on passing Immigration Reform, what would you say?
How soon would you tell him that we need Reform?...

 biulding a wall on our border,will it help or a waste of time and money?

 What is the answer to the "immigration" problem?
What do you think the answer is to this problem. As a mexican-american I know what people have to do to get to the states and I also know why they do it, mexico is really poor.I personaly think that ...

 I'm sick of the trend towards non-whites running the country any body else share my views?

 What do illegals intend to do with whites after they take over USA?

 why dont immigrants stay in their country and make things better there?
not everyone can fit in 1 country, and its worse ...

 Anchor babies?
This is the way I see it, if pregnant women want to cross into our country illegally to have a baby that will be a citizen, that's fine. Once the baby is born, mom goes back to where ever they ...

 Should Americans residing in the US learn to speak Spanish like Americans in Central and South America?
Should citizens of the US learn to speak French, Portegeuse, and Spanish like the rest of the Continent?...

 If People from Canada and Mexico are not American?
What continent are they from?...

 Can the USA give Mexico their land back.?
Since USA have not being able to keep up with their part of the agreement that stated that we will respect Mexicans rights such their culture and lenguage and now this Berlin wall that is in the ...

 Why is it when you talk to someone who only knows spanish and you talk to them they just look at u and smile?
It's so funny....

 this puerto rican i work with just scared me by yelling at me behind my back. should i have him deported?

 has Mexico and its people showed love to its neighbor the US in any way?
or not. what do you think?...

 In 50 yrs if the USA no longer a white majority country ,wouldn't it still be the USA?

 Can anyone tell me one way that America benifits from illegal immigration ?
Must be realistic, and proven .

Show source, to back up your cliam to please, and NO AZTLAN....

 Do you support the May 1st. boycott in the USA?

 Do you all feel that mexicans should be allowed to enter the U.S. freely?

 Should Americans fund the education of college-age illegal immigrants?

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Saturday, February 13, 2016 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links