Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  
   Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Insurance & Registration

Sorn car back on the road?
Find answers to your legal question.

Sorn car back on the road?

I sorn my car last year as I went travelling for a year. Now I'm back I want to get my car back on the road. Do I just fill out the usual form for a tax disc as usual would or do I need to fill out a particular form declaring it back on road?

How to tax your vehicle without a reminder http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/OwningAVehicle/HowToTaxYourVehicle/DG_069680

You need to get a tax disc, but you'll need to get insurance and (if the car is old enough) get it MOT'd first. You won't be able to buy a tax disc unless you can provide evidence that the car is insured and has a valid MOT certificate.

Tim S
If you have been away for a year of course you won't have an MOT so you can't tax it yet. You are allowed to drive an untaxed (ie SORN) car to a test station IF YOU HAVE A BOOKED TEST. If you don't book and you are stopped or seen on a camera going to a turn up when you like MOT place you will get fined. So get insured then book the MOT (you don't need to have an MOT to get insurance especially if you are just driving to the test) get the MOT then get a tax disc. You can do it in person at the post office or online as the MOT and insurance will be seen online by DVLA. No special forms needed.

Timbo is here
Just tax it and that cancels the SORN

it's the form V10 from the post-office .you have your M.O.T. and insurance cert; and your reg; document .get your tax disc .and through the wonders of the computers you will be registered as back on the road.

if your doing at post office take log book, mot, insurance certificate and the dosh, job done.

Legal Discussion Forum

 How to get car insurance for less than ¬£1000 for a 17 year old male?
Living in England, the most expensive country in the world, and being the most expensive group of driver to insure, yet earning only £50 a week is too hard! I can get no help from family or anything ...

 how much for whiplash?
I had suffered whiplash in an accident (not my fault) in an accident 2 years ago been offered 1000 pounds which my solicitor told me to refuse. The driver came onto my side of the road in which he ...

 M.O.T Question (UK) now being computerised?
My son as to take is car in for body repairs via an insurance claim at an approved repair centre on Thursday 16th Aug 2007 They will give him a hire car whilst repairs are underway We dont know ...

 Car was totalled nearly 3 years ago.....insurance drags on and on and on...........?
I was totally innocent.....I got caught up in flying metalwork from a major shunt on the opposite carriageway. Still no sign of a settlement because everyone is blaming everyone else for causing ...

 Is my road tax valid after changing from personal to original number plate?
Hi I bought a car from a dealer. It used to have a personal number plate, but it was transferred back to the original registration before I bought it. I have been driving it now for about 2 months, ...

 UK Car insurance advice, what can i do???
My car was written off in an accident, and i have received payment as it wasn't my fault. My current policy runs out on 4th November, but they will not allow me to adjust my policy to cover me ...

 can i take out two seperate care insurances for two different cars?
im looking to insurance another car in my name, but looking i have found cheaper quotes, i was wondering if i can have two different cars, on two different insurance poilcys? many thanks....

 i have just bought a fiesta diesel of a dealer that was orignally from ireland but it still has its irish plat

 what happens if i pay my car insurance premiums monthly and my car is written off?

 do i have to claim?
i was recently invoved in a motorcycle accident. i have told my insurance and they have put me through to a solicitor to start the ball rolling on a "no win no fee claim". the case is ...

 i have no penalty points but i have a ban showing on my driving licence when does it expire?

 Do you need permit before taking driver's ed?
I am 16 and just wondering. Does driver's ed come first or does the learner's pemit come first? I live in W...

 What do I do after leaving my car in Storage for 1 year?
Well I have been deployed to Iraq in February 2008 and will be coming back next month I am wondering what happens when my car has been off for 1 year with the batteries disconnected of course. PLus ...

 How do I inform the DVLA of a change of address?
Same car, moved house - What form do I need to fill in? Any advice would be great! Many thanks, Thanks - I found tha answer on http://www.direct.gov.uk...

 about my driving license?
I am just turning seventeen at the end of the month and i would like to know what i must do to get a driving license (car). What things are on the theory test? and were i would go from there to get a ...

 Is there any way to get my DVLA license back after toting-up ban ends without paying ¬£65?

 in uk, can have fully comp insurance on a bike/moped and be able to drive an insured car 3rd party.?
im curious to the workings of this thought. as i live away as i live away from home for uni, i would like to use a moped for around a city but purchase a car and use it at the weekends. As im short ...

 how much does it cost to do a driving theory test?

 Is it legal that my insurance company want to this becauso of change of address?? urgent?
the thing is that i have moved to a new home. It is within same area I used to live, even the same parking permit. I bought my car insurance 3 months ago and when I called them today I was told that ...

 how many points on a provisional driving license?

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Tuesday, October 6, 2015 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links