Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  
   Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law Enforcement & Police

I have recently had a CRB check how can I clear my name?
Find answers to your legal question.

I have recently had a CRB check how can I clear my name?

On the form returned they have all sections as OK but the " other information " states that I was arrested for touching a child inappropriatly ? The case was never proven and subsequently dropped by the police for lack of evidence. The information on the form is pretty graphic but the accusation was false ? How can I clear my name. Anyone seeing this would cringe however I haven'y done anything wrong. My Solicitor says just keep quiet about it but the CRB has just bought the whole thing back to life ? Help

Find the way to fight this. Poor old silly laws got it all worng, but you need to prove that. Go to the newspapers, make it big news and get some compensation,,,from everyone concerned.

that's not good. doubt you can have anything done. Poor you.

Kick up a stink about this, yes it will be on your criminal record (you were arrested, innocent or not) but because you are innocent then it should have no bearing on your life in the future. If your current solicitor will not help you then get another one. If you cannot find one then go to your MP and keep pushing until it is sorted. Could also try Citizens Advice. If that gets you nowhere then take the police to court for defomation of character or something. Honestly, keep fighting it. Get it sorted Good luck.

you will never be able to clear that, it will be with you for the rest of your life, i know you were never charged and that is a shame they are holding that against you, write to your local mp see what he says, he might be able to help you,keep safe all the best

Caicos Turkey
I would recommend having a word with Nacro on the helpline number given here. http://www.crb.gov.uk/Default.aspx?page=381

bad speller
first of all you go to the lawyer ,you have a god civil suet.and charge them for foals of arrest, you will get SAM dollars they will pay all expenses.then the lawyer will fill a papers to sponge you records it cost 1000, dollars extra and all you records are 100% clean

In the US, this is the problem, whether guilty or innocent, once it's on there, it's on there. False accusations put people in turmoil. All you can do is get a high powered attorney who may be able to petition to get it removed, which is difficult to do anyway, or just provide the documents that it was false.

This is the problem, once the accusation has been made it is made and there is sod all you can do about it unless you were not arrested. It is a hell of a situation, if you are completely innocent ( I mean innocent not not proceeded with) and a gift to the "No smoke without fire brigade" If you did it and got away with it get on with it you don't deserve any sympathy

jackie m
Contact the police for information on how to clear it, I don't know much about it but if it was not proven or time served long ago you can pay to get it cleared, its around £500

File to have it expunged through the court or have it sealed.

Kit Fang
well, as it says 'arrested for' not charged with, i would just point out to any employers etc. that you did not do it, and that there was no evidence for it. Personally, though, i would have just listened to the soliciter. They do tend to know what they are talking about.

I dont think you can clear this information from a CRB check. Its there for a reason. All you can do is provide the evidence that you were cleared and the information was false. Speak to a different solicitor but I doubt he/she will tell you that it can be removed. Its on your criminal record at the end of the day.

Legal Discussion Forum

 Does a criminal record check show up any CCJ's?

 If a policeman is walking towards your car with a speed trap gun does it make the prosecution void?
how do i proove it??? if we walks at 4 mph it makes 8 mph difference as im heading towards him and ive been booked at 36 mph in a 30...

 Is Bounty Hunting legal in the UK??

 can you get arrested for being involved in a scam?

 Which way do the police want to play things on the road?
The other day whilst travelling in Aberdeenshire on an A road where the speed drops from the national (60) to a 30, i saw a marked police car looking for speed offences. As i was doing around 28mph, ...

 Who is the quintessential gangster?The most classic gangster of all time?

 do you think gun manfacturers should be arrested for conspiracy to murder people?
cuz guns are designed to kill ...

 Do you have to drive to be a police officer?
I'm thinking about going into the police force, but I really don't want to drive. I can drive and everything I just HATE it and I don't think driving a policecar is going to help! T...

 how many times to you have to kill, to become a seriel killer?
just curious, since they police might be dealing with one at the mo....

 Police break internet child abuse network, and?
rescued more than 30 children....

 Is there a charge for calling crimestoppers??????
My parents have a friend who is a illegal immigerant but they are obviously not reporting him but I want to cuz he's making my life misery. If I report him and my parents find a charge on their ...

 Can the police punish you for "speeding" when you are travelling below the speed limit?
Ive been pulled over two days on the trot now (by the same police officer) both times for doing less than the speed limit but because he thinks that im going too fast (for the conditions or whatever)....

 if you were in slovakia and had to go to court and could only speak a small amount of there lanuge?
how would you ...

 Is violent crime out of control on Britain's streets?

 Is it true that people born in 1992 and later can not get their driving license till the age of 21 in the UK?

 If someone was arrested for an offence,but was let go and was not charged,can the police still keep your stuff?
Things like bank cards, mobile phones, vehicles. Can these be kept by the police? If anyone could help, that would be great, as i don't think it seems right that they can keep your possesions ...

 should court convictions in magistrate courts be published?

 Question about attempted rape?
I'm asking on behalf of my friend, she was abused and the same person tried to rape her but this all happened ages ago when she was a small child. She thinks she's ready to tell the ...

 I have just been caught speeding doing 70 in a 50 mph zone, advice please.?
I have been caught doing 70mph in a 50mph area. The police have written saying that they can't deal with it because I was going to fast. Does anyone know what will happen to me? An internet site ...

 What can I do about chavs speeding up my road?
First of all, a 3 year old little girl has already been killed from someone speeding up the road, I don't think it would be too nice if there was another death. Second of all, the car has a ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Wednesday, February 10, 2016 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links