Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  
   Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law Enforcement & Police

What happens if i plead not guilty?
Find answers to your legal question.

What happens if i plead not guilty?

I'm going to court for a apparent sustained wheel spin and driving without a full licence driver because im on my l's. Im going to please not guilty because this never took place. what will happen if i plead not guilty?

If you didnt do it then do plead not guilty. The burden lies with the Police to prove YOU did it. It is not enough for them to prove you probably did it they have to prove it was you that made the violations. You will most likely appear before a magistrate rather than a judge. You and the Po;ice will ech have a chance to give evidence and then the magistrat will make a decision. If you did do it and you plead Not Guilty and the Police can prove it was you that did the crime the magistrate will take a dim view of your plea.

unless you have a decent allabiy where someone like a responsible adult actually saw you then plead not guilty. But heres some advice from a law student! if you are guilty and u know u are plead guilty! u will get 1/3 of the sentance cut off fr not wasting police and courts time and also argue that it is your first sentance! these go in your favour they called mitigating factors. so your age, pleading guilty first offence are all in your favour!

A trial date will be set, and you can plead your case before the judge then, with, or without conusel.

joe b
you are screwed oh so screwed . you are just lucky to be alive as police routinaly kill teenagers in traffic stops .

you will go before a judge where you can tell your side of the story and the police will tell thier side.Chances are you will lose because no judge is going to believe a teenager over a police officer.So if you do plead not guilty make sure you have some evidence to prove you are innocent if not you will lose.

i dont know but good luck.

if you plead not guilty and then you are found guilty the punishment will be worse,

Heinz M
They'll have to decide whether they want to charge you and take you to court. If that happens, demand a jury trial. Judges and prosecutors like to play real stupid games with plea bargains. They try to tie you up with your agreements, but play havoc with their part. And watch out for the court appointed attorneys, as they often play into the prosecution's hands (they are buddies and work together all the time!!!) They'll try to bluff you with the, if you are found guilty by the jury, things will be worse B.S. These are their regular scare tactics. But after that you can still appeal. If you plead guilty, that's it. No appeals!

The cop will lie and the judge will believe him and so you are in trouble anyway. The cop always lies even when he does not need to because he wants you to go down. I have never seen a cop tell the truth in court and I am old as the hills. They lie and then you pay.

Legal Discussion Forum

 if police have a warrent that has the wrong name on it and they bust in a house with no one home can they?
if police have a warrent that has the wrong name on it and they bust in a house with no one there can they take anything they want and cease it?...

 What "probation" actually is? Will I b able to travel overseas during "probation"?
Do I need to pay all the fine b4 i travel overseas or finish the probation? Is it possible to pay the fine later....? Like when i come back sydney...?...

 How do you find out someone you know is a rapist?

 Have you ever shoplifted? Wt happen if u get arrested?
Send to local court? Pay an expensive fine or go to jail?...

 Anyone that could give me professional legal advice on a pending felony possession charge?

 what do u think bout smoking?
i need help with my speech about the smoking bann smokers- are you mad about the smoking ban or can u deal with it, I need complete answers please. non-smoker well u can answer the same ...

 DO you think the driving offences penalties applay adequate to the type of offince )?

 If someone gave money and went with someone to another state to someone on day release a few years?
and let them stay with them a few weeks and now dont see them anymore , if the police found out would this person get jail time or a record when the person was due for release anyway if this happened ...

 do the courts in perth keep records of past cases, and can the public get access to them?

 How would someone get in-touch with a person's probation officer?

 Road Rage Incident - Require Advice Please?
Hi there I was involved in a what you could call road rage incident recently. I went to overtake a truck on a freeway when the car in the lane next to me sped up. I had to hit the brakes hard ...

 Can a person from australia join the FBI?
i want to the join the FBI however i was born and raised in australia and am not an american citizen, can i nethertheless join the fbi. how about if i have a muslim background.? i probably want to ...

 Will I get locked up?
I'm 21 years old and currently live in South Australia. I want to move to Victoria but there is things stopping me like in South Australia i am on parole and in victoria, I have warrants. If I ...

 Has crime gotten worse in Australia since they have taken away the guns off the streets??
Did those law abiding crooks turn theirs in like good little boys? Or did they keep theirs? I live in the U S and i cant understand why we have people in this country who want to take away our guns ...

 Be honest on this one people, Who out there has committed a crime and has owned up to it?

 Can anyone please tell me how they find policing as a career, I want some general advice.?
I'm thinking of applying to work for Victoria Police in Australia, I live in Tasmania at the moment though I am just asking for some genuine advice on to how people working within police ...

 Please tell me what caused the Waco seige?

 what is the charge for providing alcohol to a minor in nsw?

 Any policemen or women out there?
I always have wanted to join the force[probably to late now] just wondering if you love your job?...

 What if a person leaves the country while they were on probation for an arson case?
Can he be evicted from the other country and be brought here?? The country escaped to would be to India and this person burned down a restaurant. Can he be brought back to the States to trial? What ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Wednesday, February 10, 2016 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links