Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  
   Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law Enforcement & Police

is it possible to turn someone in for food stamp fraud?
Find answers to your legal question.

is it possible to turn someone in for food stamp fraud?

i know someone who gets food stamps but she has a college degree and could be working but she lives off food stamps b*cuz she smokes crack

Sure, you can turn anyone in for anything, but that simple fact remains that it must be proven after the allegation is made. To prove it in a court of law, you would have to be willing to testify that you knew of this wrong doing & then you would have to explain WHY & how you knew about these allegations. It just sounds like you are jealous because you can't qualify to get your own food stamps. People need to eat & food stamps help to keep the crime rates down in the grocery stores. How would YOU know about crack, anyway? If you are concerned, find her a job in your neighborhood or MYOB!

so then turn her in and see what takes place

Officer Baz Says...
you could make an anonymous call to the local department which distributes the food stamps. this is not uncommon for serious drug users. you will, of course, probably need some proof of fraud, which may prove more difficult

Yes, the United States Department of Agriculture, Office of Inspector General, enforces food stamp fraud. You can find them under the government section of your phone book or look on the WEB. They are mainly interested in larger cases, so your referral might not be considered a criminal case. However, you can't know until you call. Have as many details as possible available, such as names,addresses and phone numbers. Even if the case is not considered criminal they might review the persons situation.

Lily VonSchtupp
Yes - this site has info on reporting fraud.


Call your local DSHS (department of social and health services) and let them know what is going on. They can request a drug test and revoke their stamps if they see fit.

Christopher Talener
Thats not a violation. I know people that live in a border town and get them from 2 different states. Reported them 5 times in 2004, they still get them, nothing got done.

If you believe a person is breaking the law due to drug use, you can turn that person in to the police, regardless of whether that person is on food stamps or not.

Even if she smokes crack, she still needs food. You cannot use
food stamps for crack. If someone would deal with her drug
problem, it would eliminate the food stamp problem.

Jack P
Yes, turn her in. Call the foodstamp people, or the police. She is taking money from hard working people.

Just say no.

California is really not doing a very good job with getting its Welfare recipients to work. They are probably already aware that she doesn't work and has a college degree, but not that she does drugs. Still, I feel the thing to do would be to have an intervention to get her to detox and into a program so that she could have the presence of mind and the self esteem to get herself to work.

she has a illness,as long as children aren't being neglected .your still better off than she is.

yes, but you are worrying about the wrong thing you should be trying to help her with her addiction

If she has a drug problem then you can report your concern to social services or the police. The food stamps however are based on need and income, while you believe that she has the ability to earn money on her own, she obviously is not able to support herself at this time.

Maybe you can't turn her in for food stamp fraud (if she doesn't have money - it doesn't matter if she's educated our *could* get a job.) BUT - you could turn her into the pollice for smoking crack. She won't get food stamps in jail - but we'll still be paying to feed her.

Audio Wizard
Not in California....the dept is too busy signing up new recipients.

the answer is Yes, to your question. You can turn someone in for food stamp fraud.


yeah, call the police

Call 911. They'll deal with that menace to society.

Legal Discussion Forum

 Should President Bush support Gay Marriage?

I was recently caught for shoplifting and the police officer said that I will be charged as an adult because I turn 18 in a month or so.
what do you think will happen to me?
will I go to ...

 My neighbor is waving his gun at his family!!!?
I heard two shots fired. He recently came out of prison, some mentally deranged type of guy. I think I'll go and check it out. Should I call the cops first? Something bad might happen I'm ...

 Who do you think would win in a race? A cop car or my 07' Impala LTZ?

 Should Cop Killers get the Death Penalty even in Massachusetts ?
Do you think Democrat Governor Deval Patrick will sign such a bill if passed by the legislature?...

 i believe the fbi is watching me?
i turned my laptop on this morning to find that my wallpaper was changed to the fbi seal. my internet homepage was something to do with the fbi. and sure enough my screen saver was changed to words ...

 I recently received an email from the "FBI" saying that Im being investigated what do I do?
I recently received an E mail stating that I was being investigated for something I know it is a scam because 1 there were misspellings all over the page 2 the thing asked me to send proof of ID and ...

 What are some things I should have in my home to protect me?
I am a single female and want to remain safe in my home...any suggestions? Guns? Tasers? Pepper spray? Bats?...

 Can the police drag me out of my moms car cause i don't want to go to my dad's house?
i am 11 and a girl..i have and older bro that is 13....we don't want to go to our dad's house for alot of reasons that woulod take to long to tell u...we go to a police station because ...

 driving at age 14/15?
I was wondering what would happen if the police pulled you over at age 14/15. Let's say because like a tailight that's out or your tint is to dark, something along those lines. what would ...

 What do the cops do all day?
when they aren't responding to a call?

Do they just drive around and chill?...

 Can i Sue?
my girlfriends purse was stolen at her job and whoever stole it used the debit card and spent 700+ dollars she called the bank and is gettin her money back but can u sue the stores where the card was ...

 Since police don't want civillians taking the law into their own hands, why don't they do their job better?

 I see these in movies alot; You know when an officer is arresting someone and they tell you?
"You do have the right to remain silence, what you say and what you do will use against you in the court of law". What do they mean by that? Please explain....

 Legal Question. Would somone answer this one please?
Is it within department policies or is it legal for a police officer to call someone from a private number? I got a call from a cop yesterday, but I didn't answer because my caller I.D. ...

 If every driver around me is doing 45 mph in a 35 mph, should I speed up to match with the flow of traffic?
If motorists blow their horns behind me when I am doing the limit, is it okay to increase my speed?...

 What is the origin of the word cop?
Actually. give me the ...

 can brown people become police officers?

 Will it be possible to repeal the second amendment and ban guns?
I want guns banned!

Many European countries have banned guns such as Germany and the Netherlands and they have a much lower crime rate.

Guns are filthy, barbaric weapons ...

 How do I stop harassing calls on my daughter's cell phone?
I have already contacted our cell phone provider and they can not help. They suggested filing a report; but to whom do I do that with -- the local police, the constables, the FBI -- there are so ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Sunday, February 14, 2016 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links