Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  
   Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Marriage & Divorce

I have just separated from my husband?
Find answers to your legal question.

I have just separated from my husband?

he says he wont move out, as we are joint tenants, so we have to live under the same roof but separated. I only work 20 hours a week, I know I can get working tax credit for myself and my children (who are not my estranged husbands), but does anyone know if I can claim housing benefit and council tax benefit, as now I suppose I'm classed as a single parent even though he is still here!

Lynsey C
You may need to get a legal seperation in order to receive those benefits, speak to your local benefits office or CAB

One of you if not both is still in love.It is difficult for one to let it go someone you have stayed with for some time even althogh no one is willing to admit.But if one is serious enough to go he she will not mind other things.But whatever the decision you take dont treat one another like an enemy thats if you want all to go well,try the legal way and i can assure you that it will take longer than you expected.Dont go the forceful way.

the poet
sorry to hear you have seoerated. As far as i am aware you are entitled to benefits it may be reduced because you are working, goto the SS office and they will be able to advise you better.

yes u should depends on ure income and savings though.....go to ure local council office or even the website they beable to advise and give u a form they have been good to my mum and she recieves lots of benefits to help her out

hey they may be a problem about proving that you are seperated, therefore I advise one of yourselves to move out and start afresh, this will benefit u in the future u are likely to be paid more and get help from the social security, or trying suggesting something conveinent like 'buy me out' as I am serious in leaving you! then you can claim child support, income support and voluntary maintenance payments for the spouse whilst your getting divorce if need be

Talk to the Citizens Advice Bureau, but think you will have to proove that you are "not" a couple anymore. I had to do this a few years ago, and it was damn hard to make them believe you then and they have got more strict with claims now, so seek help from CAB

get a solicitor, let them deal with it, you should get legal aid as you are not earning much. Good luck.

BeautyBreak H

mad cat
talk to a lawyer there is something to were if he moved out the house -----------------------, let them explain it to you i'd hate to tell you wrong, my daughter friend stay'd in the house bought a house for him self now,,,,,,, advice make him pay you half the house note in check or money order to show he is paying you rent try if you can to split the rent and keep your receit talk to a lawyer soon,as you can

i have no girlfriend please think about me my e-mail is open.........

You need to speak to income support. he will have to help support you and they may only help with half the bills as he is resident in the same house, Have you heard of gingerbread which is for lone parents. They offer help and advice. Local groups also do trips adn things to help you get some social life back

Steve D
Get some advice from the Citizen's Advice Bureau. It's expensive getting an eviction order although if you qualify for legal aid that might help. Might be easier to move out but get advice first and make sure that the rent book is no longer in your name nor any of the utilities.

need a bf , let me know... just give him sometime and after he sees you going out with other guys he will change his mnd WATCH...

I bet you initiated the separation. Try the benefits office.

Legal Discussion Forum

 Can a mixed marriage truly work?
my wife is scottish and I am English, I like it when she calls me my lord but she's not very good in company or the sun, should I have chosen a better bred wifey?...

 how can i find the owner of a telephone number that has been calling my husband?

 Hi I have just split up from hubby of 17 years feeling low any advice?
I live in Ireland and would like to know if there are any other people close to the east coast that i could chat with.I was left for a younger model [and the say your 30s are the new 20s not..].Is ...

 Any Advice?
Hi. i am married with 2 wonderful kids and my friends husband sent me an email that asked if i wanted to kiss him, and i wrote back that i dont want to kiss him, but then his wife rang me and asked ...

 wife said she dose not love me got tow kids married life coming to end?

 I would like to know if there are any females out there who would like an email friend from america?
Im just a good old country boy from Oklahoma recently out of a relationship at her choice. I am a decent man that would like to correspond to a normal female between ages 25-40. This would be just ...

 im 40 tomorrow(5th)my family want to do something to make it special but i dont want to im going for meal with
my husband im happy with that but family not what should i do?i"d rather it came and went without a fuss,,i dont want to broadcast the fact im 40!!!!!!...

 My daughter is going to be a flower girl in August. We have heard you can by a wand that has petals coming out
Does anyone know where I can get one from? Apparently as you wave the wand the petals drift out....

 how was life in uk 20 years ago?

 How to trace missing kids?
My fiance's ex banned him from seeing his kids because he finished with her, he has been told that she has taken them to another country, he doesn't know if that is true & if so what ...

 How can I build my self esteem?
My father was violently abusive, and split our family up, kidnapping my brother when my mum left him and just basically a very nasty man. I married a man who put me down, destroyed my confidence and ...

 why money matter and not relation specially our blood relation?

 North East housewives,are you bored?
can i pop round and inject you with humour ?...

 Help my husband has just informed me ?
that he has been seeing someone else behind my back and has got a child with them. the person he was seeing is dieing from cancer and has been told he has got to keep this child. i am not sure what ...

 Are you still friends with your partner after you have gotten a divorce?
We are not divorced yet, but I feel this will happen. He cheated on me and I am not sure if it is something I can forgive. The reason I ask can you still be friends with your partner after you have ...

Please read this short article (Women is happily posing too) http://www.metro.co.uk/b My question is, how sad can some individual get ...

 IF MONEY doesn't grow on trees; then why do banks have BRANCHES?

 i want a divorce and i dont know where my husband is how can i get divorced?
i got married august 2005 after finding out about his affair with another woman i threw him out i ve not heard from nor seen him since i dont know where he is and after 2 months 3 weeks and 5 days of ...

 What do you do after you have gotten a divorce?
I am 53 years old and getting a divorce from my husband, who cheated on me. The truth is, even though I still have my daughter, the thought of her growing up and leaving me on my own terrifies me. Am ...

 Divorce fee's?
If a person has commited adultry do they have to incur all solicitors fees from their ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Tuesday, February 9, 2016 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links