Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  
   Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Marriage & Divorce

I need and want to get a divorce but do not know where he is...can i get divorced?
Find answers to your legal question.

I need and want to get a divorce but do not know where he is...can i get divorced?

I have been separated for over seven years but have not seen my husband ever since, I need to get a divorce and the time i contacted him finally he was very rude and immature and did not want to hear about signing the divorce papers...he actually told me to get a divorce from him without needing him...can i do that?? i want to get a divorce so that i can get on with my life and get married to my boyfriend, whom I just had a baby with and he wants to do things right but I have the problem that my husband does not want to do his par i even told him i'd pay for it since we do not have kids or anything to split but he does not want to...i do not know where he is at all and have no way of knowing and am willing to pay for the divorce, does anyone know if it can be done and about how much can it cost?

how did you contact him?? go see an attorney it depends on who you go to the cost but they can run it in the paper so many days and poofff your free.good luck

Sounds like a pretty clear-cut case of abandonment. In this case, you may be able to just go to the courthouse and pick up the divorce paperwork, fill it out yourself, get it notarized, and file. For a bit more money, an attorney can advise you on how to proceed.

You can get a divorce on the grounds of abandonment. You really should see a divorce lawyer as you will get all the information and advice you will need. If they can locate him, and with a private detective you can find him, he even may have to pay for your divorce, but that is something that only a divorce lawyer can advise you of. That is the only way you can rid yourself of this guy and get on with your life.

Go through your local Legal Aid agency and do some research online. You may be able to even file without an attorney. You will need his last known address and they can try to serve him, then you will have to put a public notice in the local paper (at your expense). You will also have to pay filing fees and court costs if you do it yourself (not going through and agency) and that depends on where you are located. But you can find out those fees by calling the local courthouse/clerk. Best of luck!

In the US there are ways of filing for divorce without one spouse present. If you know where your ex lives, you need to have him served with the divorce papers. If he doesn't answer you within a specified amount of time (in my state it's 20 days) the judge grants the divorce. If you don't know where your ex lives, some states require you to make a good faith effort of finding him and then "serve" the divorce papers by placing a public notice in the newspaper. All it should cost is the filing fee. In my county in Florida it's $408.

yes it can be done without him being in the picture all you need do is post something to the effect that you are getting a divorce from the named person they have so many days to reply, you can try to get the Sheriff to serve them the papers and if they can not find then there is the other way but mostly all you need is someone that knows your situation and they can testify that you have not been with the person for such and such a period of time and your divorce is granted

my ex brother in law filed against my sister who was MIA.he told the courts he didn't know where she was.and in the end she never showed up and he got everything.with you it should be similar if not easier since you've been separated for a long time.

If you are in the U.S. you can probably get a divorce. It's done by "serving him" through the newspapers. The petition gets printed a certain number of times and if he doesn't respond with legal papers of his own, you can be divorced. Go to Legal Aid and ask about this.

yes, he has abandoned the marriage, that is the term they use i believe, depending on the state you live in. all you have to do is tell the attorney you want a no contested divorce and the details you told us. He'll do the rest.

Yes It Can be done without him....but i dont know how much it will cost, im sure if you do some research you can find out.

box of rain
Yes. There is someone who knows what to do and how much it costs. That person is called an attorney.

Legal Discussion Forum

 How would you confront your spouse who is denying taking money?
from your account w/o letting you know,then denying he took it out,even lies to your face.?The spouse was told a bank investigation was gonna happen and acct closed and he still would not come clean. ...

 can you divorce if your spouse leaves town and never comes back?

 How long does it take for a intercepted tax refund to be recieved by the child support agency.?
My check was intercepted about a month ago and I really want to help my child though I can't do it otherwise because of a very vindictive ex wife that won't even accept money to support our ...

 whats the best revenge for a recently found out cheating husband?

 how would you react?
I was driving home from a movie last night and my husband said "see that semi, how come its passing you?" and I kind of went berserk. I told him I didn't know. He said that there had ...

 Am I normal in wanting more children or am i greedy?
I have 2 beautiful children a little girl whos nearly 3 and a baby boy whos 3 months old. My husband has said that he doesnt want any more as he has a son from a previous relationship. Im not looking ...

 why do single women have babies by married men?
i was married for 13 plus years to my high school sweetheart, i found out he had a baby by another woman. he hid it for a year. tell me why cant women move on who is in my situation when i found out ...

 feeling trapped and unhappy?
I'm not sure my husband really likes me anymore im not the party girl he married (3mo.preg and have a 14month old) I am a stay at home mom for most of the day, then I work 30 hours a during the ...

 What are the red flags in a relationship before you are to marry?
What are the signs that your husband to be is going to be controlling and abusive?...

 I'm a married women, married for 3 yrs. What is the right path?
I need your opinion or advice, even is painful its okay i will accept it. I just need a guidance I don't know what to think now. What I know is I fall in love with these person that I meet in ...

 My wife didnt like the underwear I gave her at Xmas so I gave it to my mistress, now my wife is upset?
What should I do? ask my mistress to return it? course it was on sale you wouldnt have bought it ...

 My sister hates my husband-to-be, What should I do?
I'm 25 years old. I've been with a same guy for about 8 years, and we're finally getting married soon, but my sister still can't accept the fact that "He" is the One I ...

 Why is it that single women of age 35+ get annoyed when similiar aged men go for younger women?
I have noticed it a few times. In one club of which I am a member, I noticed a man in his mid 30's paying a woman in her mid 20's a lot of attention. Another woman who looked like she might ...

 4th year wedding anniversary?
Any ideas on what we can do to celebrate?...

 Do you need only little sleep like my 5 hours a night and your partner is opposite? What u do with the x time?

 my husband has just left me and we worked together?
my husband and i were together for 9yrs and married for 2, we have no kids. we moved interstate and he began working for his step fathers small company and is now running it. i worked for him. my ...

 Am I entitled to 50% of a injury settlement in a divorce?
I live in Indiana and was served with divorce papers today. My husband was just awarded a huge settlement from a work injury and now he wants a divorce. He says Im not entitled to a penny. Am I ...

 obsessed ex mother inlaw do you have one like i do abit long?
i was dating this guy for 5 years. it was to the poing where we were getting married and we were on the verg of planning the wedding. my exs mother would always say aww in our tradition we have ...

 Very serious marriage problem, mature advice only please?
Let me start off my saying that I love my husband very much. He is a good man, he works hard to provide for us, he is a wonderful father, very supportive, respectful, etc. But it's always been ...

 my best mate says my wifes privates stink..how would he know this?
he told me when we were drunk..i think he just teasin...you know how mates ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Tuesday, February 9, 2016 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links