Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  
   Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Marriage & Divorce

I want to leave my husband but I have no income. I will be homeless, how will I find somewhere to live and?
Find answers to your legal question.

I want to leave my husband but I have no income. I will be homeless, how will I find somewhere to live and?

what benefits am I entitled to ? I have an occupational pension of four hundred pound a month. Can anyone help? I don't work at the moment as I have a dislocated hip and have just had an operation to remove cancerous lumps. You all jump to the wrong conclusions don't you.? I asked for genuine help. I also supported my husband for years financially when he didn't work. Get off your high horses and try to give sensible answers Thank you Redpoppy. A sensible person at last !!!

Go to the housing benefit office, they will tell you how much housing benefit can be claimed in the local area, find a property within the benefit band, negotiate the rental, claim housing benefit (you will need to provide the 1st months rent/deposit yourself, as the benefit will not pay this) Go to the jobcentre and sign on for benefit, you might recieve sickeness or another benefit instead of jobseekers allowance, they will advise. Just go to your local benefit offices and ask, they will tell you what you can claim, you can give your details in confidentiality. The money won't be great, but what price happiness ??

This is a catch 22 situation, you need somewhere to live before you start claiming benefit and you cant find anywhere to live with no money. If you have worked in the past you may be able to claim something from the DSS, make an appt to see someone in the benefits agency and they will be able to help you. They may also be able to help with a flat that will accept DSS rent, but of course you need to be able to claim something first in your own name. Best of luck and a trip to the CAB is a good idea.

You have to have someone else already lined up, I guess, if you don't want to work. ;)

get a job and save your money then get a divorce

If i were you, i would go to my local Citizens Advice Bureaux. Their advice is free and they will have all the information you need to make a new start. There is always choice. Get all the information you need and then make your choice.

Pinky C
Work like everyone else.

say it all...
Get a job and then leave. Add: I stand corrected. Heal from your surgery, get a job, then leave.

Legal Discussion Forum

 Is my boyfriend thinking marriage?
We been together 1 year and a half. It started well, he went out of his way to get me, after 2 months wanted me to meet his family, and we went on carabbean holiday together. In those times I was a ...

 Can divorced (15 years ago) ex-wife claim part of ex-husbands current windfall?

 Guys would you leave a girl if she never went down on you?
and never wanted ...

 Married boss is being a bit friendly towards me and my coworker tells me this...what do you think is going on?
My boss was an A-hole to me and apologized about that. I was going to quit and he knew that, but then we spoke about things and called it a truce. Since then, he has been really nice in getting ...

 How do you reply to individual answers on here?

 How would you interpret this?
Wrote: "My bed was warm when you left. I know a lot of sh* has happened between us but I still care about you. We both messed up. Nonetheless, I will always love you." Response: I know ...

 cant decide on what last name to have?
my last name is Outred , pronounced: out - red My boyfriends is Bogucki . Pronounced : bog - goo - ski I don't no if it sound right , but does outred bogucki sound right (kea outred bogucki. H...

 What do you think of a partner who put professional revealing photos of herself on facebook?

 using fake pictures to get back at my ex?
6 months ago iput up a picture of another girl on my profile to get back @ my ex for tryn to cheat on me he told me he was sorry and that he lost something good alothough it wasnt intended to get him ...

 Do I ignore her or act as if nothing happened?
My husband's ex wife use to be friendly. Suddenly she banged the phone on me when I return the call of her daughter. She wont talk to me or my husband for two weeks and bang the phone whenever ...

 what rights do i have on a property in both my x husbands and my name now divorce absolute is through?

 rship problems, urgents?
I want to know if i'm confused or grew out of love or just stress in a bad way... I had been with my fiance for 4 years and are getting married this year so i'm bit scared if im going to ...

 Is it best to tell my wife I've been having an affair and want her back by email or telephone?

 blessing without marriage?
Me and My partner have been together near enough 4 years and we have 2 children. We both work full time but money is kinda tight can we get blessed without actually getting married? neither of us ...

 Rship Issues, help please?
I want to know if i'm confused or grew out of love or just stress in a bad way... I had been with my fiance for 4 years and are getting married this year so i'm bit scared if im going to ...

 do age gaps really work?
my mate has been single for several years after a really messy breakup, she has now met someone at work and seems to have got herself all worked up bout it cause she really likes him and him her, he ...

 Should I tell my wife that I cheated on her with her sister?
This is an awful situation, basically I had an affair with my wife sister (Susan), it only happened once..........but happened a few times after (drunken nights lol), I was going through some ...

 Should I stay or should I leave my fiance?
I met a man , Marc 14 years younger than me in july 2010, I am 41 he is 27. 2 years previously I had been in an abusive relationship, so I had built up pretty strong walls which were stopping me ...

 i'm paying a loan in my and my husband account but we getting a divorce will he have to pay his half?
he cheated on me and left our house leaving me to pay the mortgage and a £24,000 loan we both had. where do i stand? i've had a letter off his Layer he's asking for half the house and not ...

 Cross roads with no direction information?
Right I left the UK to come back to South Africa, I was in the process of divorcing my wife while I was in the UK and her in SA. We managed to sort everything out and things are going well apart from ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Saturday, August 30, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links